HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:55 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Lone Tree
Joined Nov 2000
88 Posts
Discussion
Will clubs really do this?

I'm doing a bit of informal polling here in an effort to understand why so many clubs use paper, checks and more traditional means of handling pilot registration and promotion.

About a year ago, I created a system (and have since heavily upgraded it) that does three major things:

1. Displays events from anywhere in the world in a highly searchable manner. It also automatically publishes those events on every other RC website that wants to (and does) host our calendar widget. So it's syndicated.

2. Allows clubs to take in pilot registrations online and also manually enter them so that all pilots are organized under a single dashboard from which the club can view, print and export all their data.

3. The system remembers events and pilots so when a club goes to host the same event the next month or next year, they can just copy it. Same with pilot data - making registration easy for future events.

We have about 500 organizations on the system. But, I am wondering whether I am in the clouds thinking that we can truly get a majority of clubs using ONE system so that the process of promoting the event is ONE STEP and handling pilot registrations is done on ONE site. It's also worthy to note that the event displays are properly laid out so you can actually read them without plowing through reams of text.

I think it's hard to break old habits, but I also think it can be done over time.

I'd like feedback from the crowd. The site is www.rcflightdeck.com -- and YES, it's FREE to use for all.

P.S. I have asked Jim if he too would host the calendar module on his sites; I really believe this benefits the entire hobby and would like to understand from guys who run and attend events whether they like this concept.

Michael
mkranitz is offline Find More Posts by mkranitz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:28 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Great idea
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2000
88 Posts
Thanks! It's a reality now and I'd love to get the word out by having sites like Jim's use it as their calendar.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:39 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkranitz View Post
Thanks! It's a reality now and I'd love to get the word out by having sites like Jim's use it as their calendar.
With your permission I can help get the word out.
You could also go to the 3DRC forums, it would be a good place to publish this info, Talk to Gyro.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2000
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
With your permission I can help get the word out.
You could also go to the 3DRC forums, it would be a good place to publish this info, Talk to Gyro.
That would be terrific for everybody! I don't know Gyro; can you introduce me? My email is michael@kranitz.com

Thanks!