SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
That's a really nice pic, Kevin!

Long as we're showing off our wives. I'm 54 and she's 50! I don't know who she looks like. Just herself, I guess, which is fine by me!
WOW!!!...Tell her she doesn't look a day over 29!!!...I guess that 50 is the new 30......

KC---I have the NanoTech charging to see just how many mAh's the MiG digested...I flew for 4 minutes, mostly at 3/4 to full throttle...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
.....Just the idea makes me thirsty for beer and then there's the whole Sandra Bullock thing and then I'M toast!
Speaking of toast, I propose a toast to sliced bread, beautiful women, beautiful aircraft, and cold beer that you can't see through! Not necessarily in that order...

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,151 Posts
Joel are you a full scale pilot?
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
I just checked the 300mAh 35C 2S Nanotech battery with a 4 minute flight mostly at 3/4 to full throttle...The model consumed 187mAh...This battery isn't even huffing much less puffing!!!...I now feel that I can easily go 5 1/2 minutes the way that I fly...And that was with the landing gear on the plane...I'm thinking that the flights will be easier without the landing gear...

Kevin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:24 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I just checked the 300mAh 35C 2S Nanotech battery with a 4 minute flight mostly at 3/4 to full throttle...The model consumed 187mAh...This battery isn't even huffing much less puffing!!!...I now feel that I can easily go 5 1/2 minutes the way that I fly...And that was with the landing gear on the plane...I'm thinking that the flights will be easier without the landing gear...

Kevin
good deal....i was only getting maybe 3 minutes with my 240 with pretty much 3/4 to full throttle

thanks for the info man !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
How 'bout this higher math:

Sandra Bullock (Virginia girl) > Cold Beer > Glue > Sliced Bread

Wow, that would make for a nice peice of nose art. Too bad the MiG isn't
big enough to do it justice.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Speaking of toast, I propose a toast to sliced bread, beautiful women, beautiful aircraft, and cold beer that you can't see through! Not necessarily in that order...

Joel
Here here!

On another note, anyone got any clever ideas for a nose job for the Mig? Mine has mysteriously gotten scrunched up. NO idea how that happened, of course, given my flawless flying skills and impressive inability to crash.

Would be nice if HH would sell the nose (section just ahead of the nosewheel mount) as a separate component that just attached w/ a magnet. Wonder if shapeways could pull soemthing like that off?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Here here!

On another note, anyone got any clever ideas for a nose job for the Mig? Mine has mysteriously gotten scrunched up. NO idea how that happened, of course, given my flawless flying skills and impressive inability to crash.

Would be nice if HH would sell the nose (section just ahead of the nosewheel mount) as a separate component that just attached w/ a magnet. Wonder if shapeways could pull soemthing like that off?
Nitro came up with a "nose bra" made from heat shrink plastic...He made a mold for the nose, made a plug, and then formed the heat shrink over the plug..The new "bra" looked like it fit like a glove...

Maybe Nitro can chime in to give more details...

Kevin
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Joel are you a full scale pilot?
Yes & no. My dad taught me how to fly when I was a kid, but the cost of pleasure-flying soon became so high that I couldn't justify staying current. By the time I could afford it, the cost was so high that I'd have to give up all of my other hobbies - which I have never been willing to do. A friend of mine has a 172 & I also rent a plane w/instructor every so often, so I still get in a bit of stick-time now & then.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:51 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yes & no. My dad taught me how to fly when I was a kid, but the cost of pleasure-flying soon became so high that I couldn't justify staying current. By the time I could afford it, the cost was so high that I'd have to give up all of my other hobbies - which I have never been willing to do. A friend of mine has a 172 & I also rent a plane w/instructor every so often, so I still get in a bit of stick-time now & then.

Joel
Off topic but: I miss the $1.00 Avgas days ...
I can only afford to get just enough hours to stay current. sad times.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:15 PM
Jagd Flieger
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

Kevin
Hi Guys

I am glad to hear about the 300mah 35c 2S Nanotech batteries working well with the Mig-15, I ordered 6 of them last week from Hobby King, you can't go wrong with the price. Now I just need the plane to fly them in. I gave my wife my Christmas list and the Mig-15 was at the top of the list and I just saw that E-flite has reduced the price of the Mig-15 to $149.99
How are you guys holding the battery in the tray, velcro, elastic bands??

Thanks Sabastian
Sabastian is offline Find More Posts by Sabastian
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:20 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabastian View Post
Hi Guys

I am glad to hear about the 300mah 35c 2S Nanotech batteries working well with the Mig-15, I ordered 6 of them last week from Hobby King, you can't go wrong with the price. Now I just need the plane to fly them in. I gave my wife my Christmas list and the Mig-15 was at the top of the list and I just saw that E-flite has reduced the price of the Mig-15 to $149.99
How are you guys holding the battery in the tray, velcro, elastic bands??

Thanks Sabastian
I'm just using the stock velcro and have only had one situation where I regretted it (but it was my own fault). Having said that, my batteries fit snuggly into the compartment and benefit from the friction on both sides. I've seen others use additional items like rubber bands and more velcro, but I hate the look of it so I take the risk.

Take that with a grain of salt from someone who has one less battery than he used to, though!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
I got in another flight this evening before dark---But again I had to leave work early to get the flight in....This plane is gonna make me go BROKE!!!...And this plane is gonna be one of my favorites...I'm off tomorrow, so lookout---I'm going to have to "round robin" my batteries to keep them charged for back to back flights!!!...The little MiG looks soooo scale taking off from asphalt---But I want to get more speed/performance removing the landing gear...

Kevin
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
Battery Puffer
Orange, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
1,111 Posts
If you guys would like to see some better performance then I would suggest the dinogy brand battery from dinogylipos.com There 65c rated and come in sizes 2s 350 $10., 3s 350 $15. and 2s 450 for $12. The same 2s 350 from hyperian or TP cost $16.99 The higher c rating does make a difference. I sent some packs to nitrocharged to try out and can't wait to here how he likes them.
Mark
MarkF is offline Find More Posts by MarkF
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
811 Posts
Hi MarkF,
Can you tell us the dimensions and weight of your 2s 350 pack
Thanks
Jim
jim350 is online now Find More Posts by jim350