HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Apr 2009
567 Posts
Dave, for those who prefer wood over foam and are content to fly in the 60 to 80 mph range would my Nanoshark setup be satisfactory?
GH V3 motor
ZTW 20 amp
1600 mah
Hxt500 x 2
Hxt900 x 1
5x5 prop
Thanks,
Bob
wslco10 is online now Find More Posts by wslco10
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:35 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Aug 2001
328 Posts
Wow, this looks fun. I will buy one when they are available. I have wanted a speedy(-ish) plane for a while now, and love building balsa planes so I have avoided geting a composite rocket.
BTerry is offline Find More Posts by BTerry
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,782 Posts
I flew his Baby shark today...everyone can't believe how it takes off like its on rails....Daves got some real friendly flying Birds I highly recommend them.....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:58 PM
With great pwer comes great 3D
Globe, USA, Clemson, SC
Joined Jun 2010
1,311 Posts
That faster the baby shark goes the better it flies.
killsdeer4fun is offline Find More Posts by killsdeer4fun
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:01 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killsdeer4fun View Post
That faster the baby shark goes the better it flies.
Yeah...But...it gits little bitty in just a couple of Seconds.......hehehe...I love it..just glides like the dickens...and will not tip a wing comin in real slow....Billy
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Jul 2004
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wslco10 View Post
Dave, for those who prefer wood over foam and are content to fly in the 60 to 80 mph range would my Nanoshark setup be satisfactory?
GH V3 motor
ZTW 20 amp
1600 mah
Hxt500 x 2
Hxt900 x 1
5x5 prop
Thanks,
Bob
hey Bob, not sure I understand your question..

It's my personal opinion, but I think a lot of people would enjoy the stock set up Nanoshark. Although, I have met people who don't like foam planes at all.
NanoDave is offline Find More Posts by NanoDave
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Apr 2009
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDave View Post
hey Bob, not sure I understand your question..

It's my personal opinion, but I think a lot of people would enjoy the stock set up Nanoshark. Although, I have met people who don't like foam planes at all.
Dave, my question was poorly worded. What I was attempting to ask is how would the Speedshark be with the GH V3 motor?
Bob
wslco10 is online now Find More Posts by wslco10
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:48 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Jul 2004
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wslco10 View Post
Dave, my question was poorly worded. What I was attempting to ask is how would the Speedshark be with the GH V3 motor?
Bob
Hi Bob

Unfortunately, I just don't think that motor set up would be ideal.. It may still fly but then there would be no reason to have the speed shark. It would fly just like the Depron Nanoshark but be underpowered so I think it would not be a good choice.

Grayson Hobby makes a V2 motor that is a bit larger and more power than the V3 and maybe that might work better.

I also have a different motor just like the V2... It's the same size and class as the GH V2 motor. It is a Black Magic 2212 - 2350 kv motor. I will start selling some Black Magic motors soon too. I just haven't put them up on the website yet. so much to do so little time....

If you want one let me know.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:48 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,782 Posts
Speed Shark...

Hey Dave..Do you want to sell one the 8 you mentioned the other day ....I went to your website but didn't see any...i'd buy one if you wanted to sell....I'll just take one right now...don't wanna hog what little you have for the others...if ya do let me know...Billy
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:43 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Jul 2004
854 Posts
Ok guys.. So here is the deal.

I decided to go ahead and sell the first 8 prototype #2 kits that I have now. I was going to wait until I test fly it first before selling them but after putting it together so far everything fits very tight and all the parts seem pretty good so I don't see why I shouldn't sell them. There was only 1 part which I think may not be needed at all in the future kits (the top wing tip piece, half circle shape) and I may or may not change the location of the side Naca ducts to the top and bottom or Top only and no bottom, since there already is a small opening at the rear of the fuse on the bottom side just like the Depron Nanoshark has. I still have to decide if I will be changing those or not.

There are some changes on this #2 version from the one in the video...
1) fuselage shape has been changed to be a thinner and more curvy profile.
2) the main wing chord has been widened by 1/4 inch.
Will it affect the flight characteristics? maybe.. how? not sure but maybe better glide ratio? faster possibly, due to sharper trailing edge possible?

but still, I am pretty confident that these prototype kits will be just fine. The only problem for you all is that there will be no assembly instructions, please don't ask me to make it now, I will make it after I complete the final changes on the design and the final product is ready.

Please be advised you are purchasing these at your own risk.. with limited building instructions. (only these photos posted on this thread) And be advised that this kit is Untested and sold "as it" .

I will offer those first 8 people on the list first if you want it or want to wait for the final design. Which I hope to have available within the next month or two.

Here is the list: I just went down the line from the first people who posted and showed interest. If I don't hear from these anyone of these first 8 people then I will move down the list. If you want one of these untested prototype #2 kits for $55.00 + shipping.

Please reply to this post by Friday. Otherwise I will offer it to the next people on down on the list.

1) Vince53
2) Flyextreme
3) Rodan
4) Killsdeer4fun
5) fh64_lucky
6) FlyBillyFly
7) Standordave
8) ktmracer
----------
9) Shhhhh!
10) Restlesswind
11) Jabberwocky
12) akshayb
13) qaa541
14) Picardn
15) wslco10
16) Jeff, by email
17) chris by email
18) Mike Rx
19) Brent by email
Old Apr 01, 2012, 02:42 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,782 Posts
I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!..I'll take one for now...that way someone else can enjoy!!!...

How do you want paid???..Billy
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:01 PM
Rotor madness!
Northern AZ
Joined Oct 2006
1,120 Posts
I'm out for now... still haven't finished the Baby Balsa Shark...
Rodan is online now Find More Posts by Rodan
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
291 Posts
Hi Dave,

I will patiently yet eagerly await your final version. Good luck with your final revisions.

Cheers!
Jabberwocky
Jabberwocky_ is offline Find More Posts by Jabberwocky_
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:26 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Jul 2004
854 Posts
If you are on the top 8 list and you want to order. then

send me an e-mail to david@nanoplanes.net with your shipping address, and then I will send you a paypal invoice.
Last edited by NanoDave; Apr 01, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,782 Posts
Sending Email...Billy