SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:51 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
I have tested, that formatting card with in camera formatting means longer record time. I was recording with card, where files was only deleted. I was using my external 3,7V Li-ion battery and record time was 80 minutes. When I than format the card with in camera formating, the record time with 1800 mAh Li-ion battery was 100 minutes.

And I have done little searching for Li-poly batteries. What does "40 C" or "20 C" constant discharge means? Which one is better? And what battery will you choose from theese for #16 camera?

http://www.modelmania.cz/index.php?p...IxXzk2Xzk5OA==
http://www.modelmania.cz/index.php?p...kwXzYxXzQwMg==
http://www.modelmania.cz/index.php?p...M1XzY5Xzc0NQ==
Azuritko is offline Find More Posts by Azuritko
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritko View Post
I have tested, that formatting card with in camera formatting means longer record time. I was recording with card, where files was only deleted. I was using my external 3,7V Li-ion battery and record time was 80 minutes. When I than format the card with in camera formating, the record time with 1800 mAh Li-ion battery was 100 minutes.

And I have done little searching for Li-poly batteries. What does "40 C" or "20 C" constant discharge means? Which one is better? And what battery will you choose from theese for #16 camera?

http://www.modelmania.cz/index.php?p...IxXzk2Xzk5OA==
http://www.modelmania.cz/index.php?p...kwXzYxXzQwMg==
http://www.modelmania.cz/index.php?p...M1XzY5Xzc0NQ==
20C means the maximum discharge rate of the battery is 20 times the rated capacity (eg. 20x2200mA =44Amps) so 40 C obviously equals 88Amps maximum discharge.

As the camera only draws about 300 mA, either battery will work just fine.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Last edited by VideoKing; Dec 03, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
Hi.

I've been using my camera for a year or so. I've only used it eventually in short sessions. Now, I cannot record more than 2 minutes or 3 minutes. I've tried changing the memory card, but the problem persist. The camera shuts down, even when I have been charging the battery with the usb cable for one hour. I think it's definitelly a problem with the battery. I've decided to purchase 3 or 4 batteries, since it's clear their life is very short.

Is this a good seller with original batteries:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Internal-L...-/320818490808

I bought my camera from eletoponline, but I cannot find batteries in his store.

Thanx.
Buy your batteries from eletoponline, the you'll know they are the right type.
Drop him an email and he'll send you a PayPal bill. It couldn't be simpler.

The same goes for any accessories you need, cases, lenses etc. Just contact the original seller.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, VA, Dublin
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74 View Post
nice smooth flight.
Thank's crash74!
jredz71 is offline Find More Posts by jredz71
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:12 PM
United Kingdom, England, Norfk
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
not working

Hi, I updated two of my 808#16s last week & tried both with a short video appox 5 mins & both worked ok, today I charged them up & set them to record & left them ( both were on a power pack the ones that that I got from eletoponline 365) when I checked them they both had two videos on them one was 20mins long & one was 30secs. long, checked the settings (see screen shots) in case I set something wrong but all looks ok I think unless I'm missing something. I did some more tests & the same thing happend two vidieos one 20 mims long & one 30 secs long, thinking that I did some thing worng I up dated my new 808#16V2 to v0.58, & did some more tests, same again one video 20mins & one 30secs long, then the new V2 808#16 will not turn on. It will show a green led when charging, & some times when you try & turn it on the yellow flashs three times thats all, can some one help me please.
ps I have tried resetting them all.

many thanks.

pintail.

edit

Hi, got the new 808#16 working now it turns on etc will do some more tests with this one now.
pintail1 is offline Find More Posts by pintail1
Last edited by pintail1; Dec 03, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:42 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintail1 View Post
Hi, I updated two of my 808#16s last week & tried both with a short video appox 5 mins & both worked ok, today I charged them up & set them to record & left them ( both were on a power pack the ones that that I got from eletoponline 365) when I checked them they both had two videos on them one was 20mins long & one was 30secs. long, checked the settings (see screen shots) in case I set something wrong but all looks ok I think unless I'm missing something. I did some more tests & the same thing happend two vidieos one 20 mims long & one 30 secs long, thinking that I did some thing worng I up dated my new 808#16V2 to v0.58, & did some more tests, same again one video 20mins & one 30secs long, then the new V2 808#16 will not turn on. It will show a green led when charging, & some times when you try & turn it on the yellow flashs three times thats all, can some one help me please.
ps I have tried resetting them all.

many thanks.

pintail.

edit

Hi, got the new 808#16 working now it turns on etc will do some more tests with this one now.
I assume both camera's are configured identically? If not, do so first. Then, I'd do a test, then swap cards between the two cameras. Does the problem follow the cards? If so, you've isolated the problem (the cards).

But, there's been some issues reported here with the auto shut-off apparently kicking in when the camera is in a recording mode, and that should never happen. Auto shut-off is solely for battery power saving if the camera is left in standby mode too long.

p.s. What did you do to get your camera's working again?
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I assume both camera's are configured identically? If not, do so first. Then, I'd do a test, then swap cards between the two cameras. Does the problem follow the cards? If so, you've isolated the problem (the cards).

But, there's been some issues reported here with the auto shut-off apparently kicking in when the camera is in a recording mode, and that should never happen. Auto shut-off is solely for battery power saving if the camera is left in standby mode too long.

p.s. What did you do to get your camera's working again?
Hi Tom,the new V2 camera after I up dated to v0.58 I tested three times & got the the same thing two viedos one 20 mins long & one 30 secs long, then it stoped working, so I removed the card & formatted it down loaded v0.58 onto it, put the card back in the camera held down the shutter button then the power button till the yellow led came on released the power button waited till the led went out & then released the power button, camera now turns on & works, but have not tried to record for more than about 5mins, it kind of funny that I have got two V 1 cameras both doing the same thing & one V2 that just stop working, all this has happend since I up dated to the new v 0.58. As I said I have not had time to test the V2 since I have got it working again
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:58 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,923 Posts
When you plug it in to your puter the green light should come on but you still have to turn the cam on as well. I assume you are doing this.
Don't forget to SAVE your config before you exit.
When I unplug mine it automatically turns off. You say you tried resetting but if the problem is in the mem card that won't help.
Just trying to help.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
When you plug it in to your puter the green light should come on but you still have to turn the cam on as well. I assume you are doing this.
Don't forget to SAVE your config before you exit.
When I unplug mine it automatically turns off. You say you tried resetting but if the problem is in the mem card that won't help.
Just trying to help.
Hi, yes I did turn the on cameras & saved etc. if you look at the screen shots you see that it is showing the latest version, its just that since I up dated the cameras I have had this problem on two of them & the another one to just stop working, I think I try to load in version 0.49 just to see if that cures the problem.

pintail.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,923 Posts
My cam is only a week old and I had a few problems to start but by swapping cards from other cams etc and starting from scratch, ie, loading new firmware and s'ware as well, all started working well. I am sure your cam is fine. Just gotta hit that majic sequence. lol
Just try the settings I use as above (back a page) and then chose your own once it is working OK.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
Italy, Piedmont, Asti
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Hi all!

I know it's a dumb question, so don't laugh...

Yesterday I updated my #16 (V1, blue lens) firmware to V 58 and, suddendly, trying to connect it to the computer became a pain. Windows 7 does not know the device, linux refues to mount it: both systems are up to date.

I known it could be the cable but it's strange since it happened just after the firmware upgrade. Because I can't find that cable type here around I sent a message to eletoponline asking him to sell me one.

Meanwhile, could someone toss me an old firmware version, so I can start some experiments, like downgrading the firmware, while I wait a month for the new cable to arrive? I guess I had a firmware like V27 or V36 or similar; for sure it was before the V41.

Just for the record, here is the log of what I've done:
  1. I flashed the new firmware;
  2. Tried the new gui;
  3. Formatted the card via gui interface;
  4. Fiddled a little more with settings and took some test footage;
  5. #16 started to behave strange;
  6. Windows say it's an unknown device, linux that it can't enumerate it (it's the same thing but linux likes to be "cool"...)
  7. I tried to change usb port: sometimes it worked, some other not;
  8. I can charge the camera (I see the green light) but if I switch it on it starts to have problems.

My guess is:
1) Cable's data wire are faulty but mains is ok;
2) Same as above but the problem is in the key usb ports;
3) Unlikely, firmware have some problem. At this moment is the only thing that I can try to change.
l.aluffi is offline Find More Posts by l.aluffi
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:39 PM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,923 Posts
Sounds like your mini USB cable is OK as it is connecting to the puter. I wonder if your mem card may be incompatible? Have you got another one to try?
Where are you Tom???

Have you checked in the Tools menu for your upgrades? I think Isoprop would be able to help with older firmware if you want to go that route.

Tools Menu...
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Dec 03, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:45 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
Maybe this has been ask but can someone tell me. Is there a cell phone that will play the #16 video without a problem? I just want to play the video at work or where ever I want to.
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintail1 View Post
Hi Tom,the new V2 camera after I up dated to v0.58 I tested three times & got the the same thing two viedos one 20 mins long & one 30 secs long, then it stoped working, so I removed the card & formatted it down loaded v0.58 onto it, put the card back in the camera held down the shutter button then the power button till the yellow led came on released the power button waited till the led went out & then released the power button, camera now turns on & works, but have not tried to record for more than about 5mins, it kind of funny that I have got two V 1 cameras both doing the same thing & one V2 that just stop working, all this has happend since I up dated to the new v 0.58. As I said I have not had time to test the V2 since I have got it working again
Your settings showed you had your video clip length set for 20 min. and your auto-shutoff set for 30 sec. It looks like what is happening is you got the first 20 min. video clip as you should, but after it stopped to save the file, the auto-shutoff started to count down and turned off the camera after the 30 sec. timed out. The developer is working on finding out exactly what is going and will fix it.

During my initial testing, I did not record very long to test out the new functions, so did not see this.

But I wanted to mention that your procedure for manually loading new firmware is incorrect if I read your post correctly (the underlining above is mine). To manually load, you simply press the power button very briefly (less than one second) and immediately release it when the yellow LED starts to flicker. You should not hold it down nor press the shutter button for this process. You may have confused this with the process for loading the camera's config file, where the shutter button is first pressed and held, while then pressing the power button. Using the GUI for both of these procedures will eliminate any user errors like this.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:47 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
FW v0.58 Removed from Download page

Due to issues found with the v0.58 MOV firmware by several users, I have removed if from the download page. Revised FW will replace it once the bugs have been squashed. In the interim, I have restored the prior release version (0.49 MOV) to replace it.

I apologize for the issues, but testing has become much more difficult (impossible, actually, for just a few testers) to do in a reasonable period of time before releasing the new features.