HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:52 AM
Joined Jun 2006
255 Posts
Discussion
2 Tough questions on the P51

Hello,

I just bought a Parkzone Corzair for those days when I can't fly my p51. I bound the DX5e to the p51 and it raised 2 questions.

1. Is there a way that you can program in aileron reversing on the plane? Currently I don't need to aileron reversing on the p51 but I do need it on the Corsair. Someday I'll forget the switch them and .....

2. Boy is my p51 out of trim! On my corsair it is nice that I can use those clevis' to adjust trim. On the P51 how do you adjust the ailerons?

Thanks!
xweapon is offline Find More Posts by xweapon
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:45 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweapon View Post
Hello,

I just bought a Parkzone Corzair for those days when I can't fly my p51. I bound the DX5e to the p51 and it raised 2 questions.

1. Is there a way that you can program in aileron reversing on the plane? Currently I don't need to aileron reversing on the p51 but I do need it on the Corsair. Someday I'll forget the switch them and .....

2. Boy is my p51 out of trim! On my corsair it is nice that I can use those clevis' to adjust trim. On the P51 how do you adjust the ailerons?

Thanks!
Too lazy to read the manual again, but from memory, I'm pretty sure you can reverse the servos on a AR6400 board, by plugging the battery while holding some specific configuration on the controller... You may want to check the manual.

And for the aileron, out of the box, you should not need much trim so it should be easy to do it from the Tx. Or do you have one were the ailerons are not trim on one side only? If so, then you will have to open the fuselage, and play adjust it from the inside. (You can move the linkage inside the heatshrink tubing. Normally, they are not glued. (can't remember if there's a Z bend that could help you...)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:57 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,070 Posts
To get the ailerons even on mine, I just lightly pinch the wing and wire where the last bend is on the wire before the aileron and bend it lightly a little at a time, works good foe me and I have never damaged anything doing it like this. Just be light and carefull.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:58 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,070 Posts
Pinch the wire with one hand inbetween your fingers to hold still and bend wwith the other hand. Hope this is clear enough.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:06 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
To reverse the aileron servo they sell a little programmer.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6825
You put it in line and then power the radio up. It will then "toggle" the servo's direction. So if it was normal it will now be reversed, and if it was reversed it will be normal. Power down, remove the programmer and plug back in the servo. Each time you power up with the programmer connected the direction will change.

All the "programmer" does is short the servo's input signal wire to ground (sort of like the bind plug).

Instructions are in the AR6400 manual:
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR6400L.pdf

You could also just move the plug to ch6, and program the AR6400 to put out reveresed ch2. That is also explained in the manual.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:26 AM
Joined Jun 2006
255 Posts
Thanks. I found the cable and will order it!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
You might not need the cable
The manual also shows how to reverse the channel using the transmitter sticks.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
Joined Jun 2006
255 Posts
Will that work for the DX5e?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:18 PM
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweapon View Post
Will that work for the DX5e?

Yes. It reprograms the receiver.
Just make sure you throws are all at 100% and nothing is reversed so the receiver gets the correct info.
Cost to try = $0

Might want to take the prop off or get someone else to hold the plane while you do it.

Pat MacKenzie