Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
Question
Wing scratch build

im just starting with the flying wings and i wanted a scratch build so i was wondering if anyone had a good design but foam board only.. please include recommended electronics.
bballer7 is offline Find More Posts by bballer7
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:22 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,672 Posts
What planform; chevron, delta, forward swept or plank?
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Today, 05:26 AM
Dickinson, Tx.
Joined Sep 2004
5,310 Posts
Check this wing out, I have built the 20" one and it flies good. There are motor/prop/battery suggestions in the thread. I used 3mm foam for the 20" and built the larger 24" out of 6mm Bluecore.

Challenger413
Challenger 413 is offline Find More Posts by Challenger 413
Old Today, 08:01 AM
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56 View Post
What planform; chevron, delta, forward swept or plank?
What's the difference
Old Today, 09:23 AM
Joined Nov 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer7 View Post
im just starting with the flying wings and i wanted a scratch build so i was wondering if anyone had a good design but foam board only.. please include recommended electronics.
My best flier is made from a single 2'x8'x1/2" sheet of DOW CladMate insulation (bought from Lowes). The KFm-2 wing ends up being about 42 1/2" (wing tip to wing tip) x 24" (nose to winglet). Total for Foam and Electronics (without battery or transmitter) is about $50.

I also have another made of all dollar tree foamboard, it's a 30" lightweight wing, good for smaller parks, but not good for wind and not nearly as sturdy.

I have a third which is also 30" which uses a combination of CladMate and foam board. I have a full video series for this one, but the electronics I put on it are meant for an advanced flier that really wants speed. I wouldn't recommend that, but the wing itself with different electronics would work well.

Let me know if you're interested in any of the above 3 and I'll post links to the build videos.
BeerNWingz is online now Find More Posts by BeerNWingz
Old Today, 09:25 AM
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
Thanks challenger I might try that design
Old Today, 02:04 PM
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
[QUOTE=BeerNWingz;28865375]My best flier is made from a single 2'x8'x1/2" sheet of DOW CladMate insulation (bought from Lowes). The KFm-2 wing ends up being about 42 1/2" (wing tip to wing tip) x 24" (nose to winglet). Total for Foam and Electronics (without battery or transmitter) is about $50.

I also have another made of all dollar tree foamboard, it's a 30" lightweight wing, good for smaller parks, but not good for wind and not nearly as sturdy.

I have a third which is also 30" which uses a combination of CladMate and foam board. I have a full video series for this one, but the electronics I put on it are meant for an advanced flier that really wants speed. I wouldn't recommend that, but the wing itself with different electronics would work well.

Let me know if you're interested in any of the above 3 and I'll post links to the build videos.[/QUOTE ya that would be great if u could post the videos thanks
Old Today, 06:14 PM
Joined Nov 2013
40 Posts
Not sure how to post playlists here, so I'll post the first from each series

4 part series on building 30" lightweight flying wing
Build a light KFm2 Flying Wing - Body and Motor (18 min 53 sec)

10 part series on building a fast 30" KFm-4 flying wing (you can cut back on the motor and ESC quite a bit and still have a wing that flies well, additionally you could do it as a KFm-2 (no bottom step and it will float really nicely)
How to build a Flying Wing - Introduction (9 min 16 sec)

44" KFm-2 Flying Wing good for FPV (or just flying around).
FPV Wing Build Video - 44" KFm-2 Delta Wing (24 min 29 sec)

Best of luck. There are so many options out there to choose from, I'm sure you'll build something that flies really well.
BeerNWingz is online now Find More Posts by BeerNWingz