HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2014, 09:02 AM
Wid
Live Your Dreams
United States, CA, Redwood Valley
Joined May 2001
458 Posts
Glue

I use Foam2Foam by DeluxeMaterials. Fast,adjustable, lighter because only need apply to 1 surface. But very toxic.
Wid is online now Find More Posts by Wid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2014, 05:35 PM
nonconformist
Australia, NSW, Avoca Beach
Joined Jul 2013
1,318 Posts
A truck load of 9T-pinionated motors just flew past Hong Kong
Wont be long!
benedikt is offline Find More Posts by benedikt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Propellerheads, UNITE!
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:36 PM
Wid
Live Your Dreams
United States, CA, Redwood Valley
Joined May 2001
458 Posts
9T pinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
A truck load of 9T-pinionated motors just flew past Hong Kong
Wont be long!
Be sure to set it up so we can buy a bag of pinions (5pc?). I have a couple UMs waiting for the CL-0820-15 upgrade and a couple un-pinioned CL-0820-15s. I am looking forward to trying the CL-0820-17 as a hop up for the AS3Xtra, though the CL-0820-15 has been stellar, and on the Quick Little Delta which only gets 55 MPH on the CL-0820-15
Wid is online now Find More Posts by Wid
Last edited by Wid; Jul 05, 2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: hyper link
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2011
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
I'd like to see that. Mine doesn't get near enough.
Me too. Photos please...
Markran is online now Find More Posts by Markran
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,064 Posts
Ok guys, I will try and get a photo up when I get home from vacation. I still have not had the chance to fly it much and might not; I am going to leave very soon for another vacation right after this one.

-Andres
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Today, 05:05 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Mar 2014
186 Posts
First step done in the build of my new depron aero airframe from 3drankin!

Im using gorilla glue for any foam on foam contact and for all the control horns, when you get used to how much you need to use of this glue you wont ever go back, it dries flexible and is very strong! I say a perfect match for this little airframe. The only downside is it usually takes 2-3 hours to fully dry

Will be using bsi thin foam safe ca on the rest of the build other then the pieces stated above.

Will post more pics as the build goes on

I can already tell its much lighter but is still just as stiff strong

-Mike
rcduder is online now Find More Posts by rcduder
Old Today, 05:09 PM
Joined Jan 2007
132 Posts
Hi All,

Normally I would do the obligatory search but life is such that I cant seem to find 5 minutes to read about RC little lone go flying. I'm a sport pilot with a couple of built up park flyers that I haven't had the time to touch in over 6 months. Looking for an aileron bird that I can fly in the back yard or in front of the house on calm evenings. Not really interested in 3d yet so I was wondering if I could turn down the throws and use if for basic sport aerobatics. If it's not recommended, any other ideas for an airplane that I could buzz around with on short notice?

Thanks All!
highnpressurized is offline Find More Posts by highnpressurized
Old Today, 05:17 PM
Joined Mar 2014
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnpressurized View Post
Hi All,

Normally I would do the obligatory search but life is such that I cant seem to find 5 minutes to read about RC little lone go flying. I'm a sport pilot with a couple of built up park flyers that I haven't had the time to touch in over 6 months. Looking for an aileron bird that I can fly in the back yard or in front of the house on calm evenings. Not really interested in 3d yet so I was wondering if I could turn down the throws and use if for basic sport aerobatics. If it's not recommended, any other ideas for an airplane that I could buzz around with on short notice?

Thanks All!
This plane isnt so much of a aileron trainer, you need some experience i feel like to fly this model well right out of the box. Id say go with a parkzone vapor or ember for a fun little bird to fly around in little spaces quick.

This model is just to fragile out of the box not just the foam but with the motors always going out in them and all the flight modes, it may be to much of a problem for what your looking for.

This is just my opinion. If your good at flying around in a small area already without crashing to often then it should be good for you for sure, and yes if you wanted as with all models you can just turn down the throws and cruise around.

Goodluck!

-Mike
Old Today, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnpressurized View Post
Hi All,

Thanks All!
Yes, this plane will fly in an incredibly small area, I fly in my front yard and absolutely love it. It is in my opinion the smallest-area flyer going (I don't really consider the Mini-Vapor to be regular flying as you're in high alpha or floating much of the time).

However, the AS3xtra requires a fair degree of skill to control and the thing is *incredibly* fragile. I've damaged it just turning it over in my hands on the bench. Its own weight can bend the elevator back on itself. It's also not easy to repair due to the milled tissue-thin foam and baggie thin plastic sheeting.

Despite all this, I enjoy the heck out of this plane.
Old Today, 06:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
551 Posts
I didn't find the wing loading of the AS3xtra anywhere in square feet (probably because the wing area is only half a square foot). But for comparison purposes, if the plane was a square foot, the loading would be 2.5 oz / sq ft (which is insanely floaty).
Old Today, 06:32 PM
Joined Mar 2014
186 Posts
Making progress!

-Mike
Old Today, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2014
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduder View Post
Making progress!

-Mike
Meant to have a picture with that post sorry about that lol

Here is another update of where im at.

Just waiting for the rest of the gorilla to dry and then adding the top part of the fuse!

All the carbon fiber work is my own along with the landing skid design, i used epp for the actual skids that way on rough landings where depron would snap or crease easily the epp will flex and be very strong

The landing skid design is basically that of a crack yak mini or super lite using 3mm by 1mm carbon strip and using 3mm epp for the skids

-Mike
Old Today, 09:00 PM
Joined Mar 2014
186 Posts
Here is the airframe done, electronics next when i get more foam safe.

-Mike