Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:33 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,096 Posts
Just above you stated that the dx6i was another thing on your Christmas list, but now down below you say you already have one?

So which one is it? I'm not trying to cause trouble. We just want to make sure we direct you correctly. If you already have one great then that helps a lot. If you don't but know you are going to get one before or the same time you get one of these planes then that works too.

I think if you are building 4ch planes and are comfortable with flying them and your corsair then you should really stick with what you wanted and give a 2s brushless as3x bird a try. I enjoyed all of my 1s planes. Champ, p-51, t-28 and polecat, but after flying one of the 2s birds especially with as3x, I just couldn't find myself going back. Hence the reason I no longer own any of the 1s planes. Nothing wrong with them, just the more powerful flyers with as3x, opened my eyes to whole new level of micro fying that was more enjoyable for me.
So with that said, you're choices are kind of all over the spectrum. From a glider, to a edf jet, from a bi-plane to a weird ufo thingy, there's kind of something for every style of flying with the as3x, so as someone else already said it's really more what your into or looking to get into. Do you want to fly more 3d, more scale, edf, just glide around? It's what fits you.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:51 PM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Just above you stated that the dx6i was another thing on your Christmas list, but now down below you say you already have one?

So which one is it? I'm not trying to cause trouble. We just want to make sure we direct you correctly. If you already have one great then that helps a lot. If you don't but know you are going to get one before or the same time you get one of these planes then that works too.

I think if you are building 4ch planes and are comfortable with flying them and your corsair then you should really stick with what you wanted and give a 2s brushless as3x bird a try. I enjoyed all of my 1s planes. Champ, p-51, t-28 and polecat, but after flying one of the 2s birds especially with as3x, I just couldn't find myself going back. Hence the reason I no longer own any of the 1s planes. Nothing wrong with them, just the more powerful flyers with as3x, opened my eyes to whole new level of micro fying that was more enjoyable for me.
So with that said, you're choices are kind of all over the spectrum. From a glider, to a edf jet, from a bi-plane to a weird ufo thingy, there's kind of something for every style of flying with the as3x, so as someone else already said it's really more what your into or looking to get into. Do you want to fly more 3d, more scale, edf, just glide around? It's what fits you.
i wanted something scale to fly on occasions and im sorry im getting a dx6i as well as a umx
fOaMmaSh87 is offline Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV49 V3 build log ( Kind of)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:58 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,096 Posts
Well if that's the case. I don't know that anything "flies scale" too much in the 2s brushless as3x range. I do know the beast is an awesome flyer and can really slow down and fly nice and smooth. I haven't yet flown the 1s spitfire with as3x that was just released, but I have read and seen videos showing it is very scale and flies well. Only downside is that is about it, so if you're wanting to kick it up and not fly scale than its really not an option with this plane. So just my .02 the beast is a real winner and the favorite plane I've owned so far out of about 30 planes.

However there's also the glider that no one knows too much about yet.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:52 PM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Well if that's the case. I don't know that anything "flies scale" too much in the 2s brushless as3x range. I do know the beast is an awesome flyer and can really slow down and fly nice and smooth. I haven't yet flown the 1s spitfire with as3x that was just released, but I have read and seen videos showing it is very scale and flies well. Only downside is that is about it, so if you're wanting to kick it up and not fly scale than its really not an option with this plane. So just my .02 the beast is a real winner and the favorite plane I've owned so far out of about 30 planes.

However there's also the glider that no one knows too much about yet.
Whats your opinion on the gee bee?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:09 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,096 Posts
Can't say as I haven't flown the Gee Bee. It seems that's the one you really want, so maybe you should give it a go. You can find tons of information/ask questions in the Gee Bee thread where people that really own it and know it can give you real answers.

Click here for Gee Bee thread
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Do you think your an experienced pilot? Becuase the umx lines is the most advanced and the most fragile. If you can fly the corsair without crashing and have complete control the entire time, you should do fine.
The Geebee is a great plane, landing it though is an experience EVERYONE works on. Its basically a pylon racer, yank and bank with lots of speed!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Personally I would get either the Beast3d or the new Sbach. They can do everything the other planes can do but they are much faster and can do most any maneuver you throw at them. The Beast is great but is harder to repair then the Sbach would be.
IndyMatt is online now Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
You cant go wrong with the beast. Its plane people get attached to.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:05 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
953 Posts
Why not a mig?
You say you build and fly fast depron planes, so speed wouldn't be an issue, since it realy dosent seem that fast in a big open area. Its an as3x which means it flies really nice. It is a jet which is cool.

The nosegear is really weak, but It flys so much better without landing gear that I dont even take the landing gear to the field with me.

I really like mine.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:52 AM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
Why not a mig?
You say you build and fly fast depron planes, so speed wouldn't be an issue, since it realy dosent seem that fast in a big open area. Its an as3x which means it flies really nice. It is a jet which is cool.

The nosegear is really weak, but It flys so much better without landing gear that I dont even take the landing gear to the field with me.

I really like mine.
Yeah but some people say the wing comes of and it crashes and im not experienced in edfs
and the answer to someone elses question about the beast ive read reviews and people say that the rudder/elevator servos screw up in flight causing it to be destroyed.

Ikr whats the most relaxing to fly appart from the cc???
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:07 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I have flown my Beast probably close to 40-50 times without an issue. The ones that had issues were shipped about the same time as the CC when it had all its issues.

I have owned the CC and the Mig and have sold both. If you want a bigger plane that is a blast to fly get a Multiplex Fun Cub.
IndyMatt is online now Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:44 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87 View Post
Ikr whats the most relaxing to fly appart from the cc???
I don't find any of the 2S planes "relaxing" to fly. They aren't "hard", but you can't take your eyes off them for extended periods of time like you could a Champ.

If you want relaxing, you want a T-28. Even a Polecat is more Relaxing than any of the 2S planes (because it is so light, throttle off crashes into grass don't hurt it too bad). 2S planes don't like crashing as much as the 1S planes, so "low and slow" with a 2S plane is much more tense than with a 1S plane.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:37 PM
The Luftwaffle
Joined Sep 2012
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87 View Post
Yeah but some people say the wing comes off
Well, dont crash

Quote:
and it crashes
Have you ever heard of a plane that dosen't???

Quote:
and im not experienced in EDFs
You don't need to be to fly the mig
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
Well, dont crash

Have you ever heard of a plane that dosen't???

You don't need to be to fly the mig
so im thinking mig or gee bee or beast?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
The Luftwaffle
Joined Sep 2012
953 Posts
Never had expeirience with any of those but the mig. Its a great little jet.