HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:54 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Nov 2008
207 Posts
drew these up myself, but you can take a scale 3-view and goto kinkos and have them blow it up to any size wingspan. you can also go to the indoor pattern part of this site, or the 3d flying section and download plans and print them to any wingspan size you want.
skootertrash74 is offline Find More Posts by skootertrash74
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, West York
Joined Aug 2008
169 Posts
Micro Cirrus

Hi, made this in Feb 2009.... been flying well indoor and outdoors on calm days...

loads of info, plans and video of it in the following thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1015416

Only mods I've made are replaced carbon tube u/c for solid rod...removed the air brakes, put some tiny GWS wheels on in place of the balsa ones...

Fly it on a 180mAh lipo...should be ok on the new 138/150mAh parkzone types as well....

Settled on a gws 5x3 prop

The Toki bio wire servo worked out well but the new pz linear one should be a good replacement.

Still flying great..

If you build one , please let me know how you found it or any suggested mods.

Cheers,

Shaun
2.4g shaun is offline Find More Posts by 2.4g shaun
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:38 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,630 Posts
hey guys,
these both use the ar6400, but neither is 4 channel...
only one is brushless also, i just had an extra laying around for the horten type wing, anyways the canard weighs 20 grams rtf, and has 40 grams of thrust from the brushless motor, and a 5 by 3 carbon propellor, controls are thrust vectoring, for the rudder, and the canard moves for the elevator, the horten is powered by two aero ace motors/propellors, both fly at just about walking speed, and very well, i am extremely happy with both, but a lesson learnt here is, when flying a thrust vectored plane, that relys on only the rudder and elevator, do NOT throttle down when your going to hit something and try to turn hahahaha
ryan
Ryan Archer is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Archer
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:32 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Mine's not really fair:

Kyosho Minium Christen Eagle

It was R/E/T and I added Ailerons with a Mustang Bellcrank and perked it up with a Sukhoi motor and 5043 Prop.

My recommendation is that if you come across this plane set BUY IT. This plane is a ton of fun w/4 channels (with 3 channel, it doesn't want to turn).

My only complaint about the model (besides not being available in the US) is the wing decals are all wrinkled, which spoils the look. If parts were available in the US, it would be easy to fix, but right now I don't want to mess with it, because I wouldn't have any idea where to find a replacement wing.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:02 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,533 Posts
Nice UNGN! How well does it do acrobatic-wise? The Chinese woman that applied that wing decal has a beating coming
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
Old Nov 26, 2009, 06:08 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff View Post
Nice UNGN! How well does it do acrobatic-wise? The Chinese woman that applied that wing decal has a beating coming
My only flight with it so far it wouldn't roll clean, but then it turned out I forgot to glue the wing struts back together. I'll try to fly it again this weekend. I did manage to pull off a snap roll on the first attempt.

Inside loops are 3 - 4 feet in diameter from level flight (tighter than my Vapors and much tighter than any miniums), the one one outside loop I tried turned into climbing inverted flight... which it did reasonably well and it eventually pushed over to upright without rolling out.

With 2 undercambered wings, its no Sukhoi, but its much more stable and forgiving and can be flown in a smaller area.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
Joined Jan 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Archer View Post
hey guys,
these both use the ar6400, but neither is 4 channel...
only one is brushless also, i just had an extra laying around for the horten type wing, anyways the canard weighs 20 grams rtf, and has 40 grams of thrust from the brushless motor, and a 5 by 3 carbon propellor, controls are thrust vectoring, for the rudder, and the canard moves for the elevator, the horten is powered by two aero ace motors/propellors, both fly at just about walking speed, and very well, i am extremely happy with both, but a lesson learnt here is, when flying a thrust vectored plane, that relys on only the rudder and elevator, do NOT throttle down when your going to hit something and try to turn hahahaha
ryan

Ryan;
where did you get the plans for the canard?
Likewise for the Horton. I'm looking for a couple of slow indoor flyers.
MikeW9 is offline Find More Posts by MikeW9
Old Nov 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
Joined Jan 2009
51 Posts
Dumas Tiger Moth conversion

OK; here's my most recent work.
I've just switched over from using the PKZ3351 brick to the AR6400 since I could never figure out how to swap the rudd and ailerons channels of a DX7.

AUW is currently 61g with the following added to the standard rubber powered balsa kit.

AR6400
Falcon servo for ailerons
YGE-4 BL ESC & BEC
2S 240ma hand made battery
AP05 BL & EP5030 prop
MikeW9 is offline Find More Posts by MikeW9
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:30 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,630 Posts
Hi Mike,
i do all of my own plans, as i get more enjoyment out the planes this way,
i dont' really plan on giving them out after what has happened with some of my planes being sold by hobbycity.
anyways, they're both my designs, but sorry, don't want to give out plans,
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW9 View Post
Ryan;
where did you get the plans for the canard?
Likewise for the Horton. I'm looking for a couple of slow indoor flyers.
Ryan Archer is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Archer
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:32 AM
Nothing flies like a Pitts
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Aug 2006
317 Posts
I posting my model too, since i switched to the ar6400 from the vapor
Flies like a dream, much more stable than the minium series (i have full vertical too

Pitts 1S, Did my own plans from a bunch of blueprints.
Durobatics 0.5mm
Ribs - Depron ribs 3mm and balsa
Motor - AP03 getting 30 thrust!!
Led Lightsystem - 4 Lights Green/Red/WhiteLanind/Strobe

Micro Pitts S1-S Special Ailerons (0 min 29 sec)
Meshuggah is offline Find More Posts by Meshuggah
Last edited by Meshuggah; Jan 03, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:51 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Aug 2006
317 Posts
MikeW9: Your plane is adorable! You can go more easy on the balsa next time you build a micro, you coul use half amount of ribs. Pm me if you want help with the chanel switch (you use mixing to get it right)
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:27 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,682 Posts
:O I am gobsmacked! Why can't Parkzone or E-flight come out with something this nice? Are you running brushless? I may have to go get me some durobatics!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:35 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Aug 2006
317 Posts
Yes Brushless. AP03 and a 3A ESC.
I made it with 0.5mm durobatics, im trying to build one with 0.25mm but it might be to thin and fragile.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:40 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,682 Posts
Your making me spend my money! This will have to go at the bottom of the list though. I'm needing to finnish my 16"WS F22 and then start my Micro indoor 3d yak!

If you post a video it may move up on my build list
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:23 AM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,505 Posts
Micro Cutlass

Here's my Micro Cutlass

12" wingspan, 9" overall length

AR6400 Rx with a True RC 138ma lipo

True RC 3a esc w/ 2gram brushless w/tri-turbo prop

AUW w/lipo 19.2g

Plans scaled down from : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=cutlass

All 3mm depron with a EPP front nose block, Shortcuts paint, with a clear sealer

Flies well, slow or speedy
mrfliboy is offline Find More Posts by mrfliboy