HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:21 PM
United States, MI
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Question
Mino Rio servo backwards

I just received another mini rio so my son and I can race together.
I tested the boat today and the servo is backwards, right is left and left is right.
No reversing on the Tx. that's the only thing wrong with it. This was a s&d sale so no returns. thanks
plane58 is offline Find More Posts by plane58
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Nov 2004
5 Posts
servo reversal

You can purchase an electric component to connect to the servo to reverse it independently of the transmitter.

Thanks,

Prop
prop is offline Find More Posts by prop
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:29 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
3,011 Posts
Not familiar with the boat or its extras, but some transmitters have the reversing switches hidden inside the battery compartment rather than on the front panel. It is also possible in some where you can get into the TX case to see the wiring to the control pot on the steering stick. To reverse, its just a case of crossing over the wires on the two outer tags. Of course, a lot of equipment is designed to be assembled, rather than taken apart and reassembled.
There have been other threads where a servo needed to be modified to reverse its action, one of the answers was to strip it, reverse connections to the motor AND reverse the two outer wires on the position sensing pot.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:54 PM
United States, MI
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
not any more

mfr02. thank you, thank you, thank you. Did what you said, I swapped the red and black wires and that did the trick, I'm in business now. The only hard part was taking the case apart. You made my day.....Ed
plane58 is offline Find More Posts by plane58
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:33 PM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
3,011 Posts
Thanks for the thanks. It's good when an idea based on theory works out.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02