SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:55 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocheluich View Post
Sorry to bother but is just my opinion. I would LOVE to buy one ecilop ARF but if buying it RTF with the additional gear included how did it go to 6900 dls?

Thats even more expensive than a Zennmuse with an S800 plus camera, fpv gear and Tx/Rx, also the build and calibration is not as elaborate and tricky...
This is the option for those who have more money than time. I prefer not to take order for the assembly. But there were lot of accusations that I offer an incomplete solution. As an answer to those I offered a ready to fly totally assembled, customized and tested set with all the necessary accessories and DHL shipping.
If the operator requests a thousand dollars for the day of filming do not wonder that the assembly also costs money.

As much as I know nobody else can offer you a NEX-5 camera with the remote control for both photo and video modes. We offer the set of equipment we use ourselves. If the customer is ready to pay for the assembly we do not save on the components and purchase quality monitor, gyro, servo and etc.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulda View Post
I'm not so stupid :-)
You did not understand me well, sorry. I meant there is not hole through. It is predrilled, not drilled. So there is only little hollow or dimple or how to say it. I dont know the english word.
I see. Well, I guess you have a few options
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:26 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,599 Posts
if anyone has an old hk401b gyros they wanna sell, gimme a shout
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:56 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
11 Posts
basic ecilop q&A

I am keen on this rig but need to understand some basics.. i have read what i could find but have some outstanding questions

1) is this rig suitable for direct ortho straight down photog? , looks ok to me but am i missing something?

2) Has anyone rigged a ys-x6, can it handle the gyro? i need waypoint support (25) and not wanting a wookong.

3) what is the payload for a standard build? if i built this to spec what is the payload?

my survey kit = 600 grams (camera,laser,btooth gps)

wanting 10 minutes

4) have a btooth gps that needs to be close to camera, can i top it on the mast? do i just match weight at the cam..

5) can you post the latest desired specs , meaning if i purchased the ecilop easy and i build it, do you have a more current equipment list re:motors, props, gyro's etc.. I am sure a lot has changed in 9 months of use in the field? maybe not :0

once i have this detail, consider me a customer..
pogmohoin is offline Find More Posts by pogmohoin
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:40 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
if anyone has an old hk401b gyros they wanna sell, gimme a shout
I've probably got a new (old) one going spare, pm me tonight to remind me and I'll check when I'm back home
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,599 Posts
that would be great. Then i can see if the new vs old thing is what is making the difference.
Last edited by AliB; Nov 02, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:43 AM
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Värmdö
Joined Mar 2011
120 Posts
Ali. How do you see if its new or old gyros? I have 6 401b gyros. 2 of them are maybee 1 year old.
I allso have 2 Assan g250 that im going to test.
Fredde
Tokaz is offline Find More Posts by Tokaz
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:06 PM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,599 Posts
unscrew the back (4screws)
if it has the big silver sensor, its an old gyro,
if it has the little black thing, its a new sensor

been reading alot through the heli section. the new gyro is very sensitive, and extremely sensitive to getting the correct gain.
i think there was also discussions of a similar thing with flight control boards. Using the big silver sensors (sorry i dont know what the different types are) vs the smaller (i think digital) sensors on kk type boards. the black one was much more sensitive to vibrations, causing alot of issues

Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmohoin View Post
I am keen on this rig but need to understand some basics.. i have read what i could find but have some outstanding questions

1) is this rig suitable for direct ortho straight down photog? , looks ok to me but am i missing something?

2) Has anyone rigged a ys-x6, can it handle the gyro? i need waypoint support (25) and not wanting a wookong.

3) what is the payload for a standard build? if i built this to spec what is the payload?

my survey kit = 600 grams (camera,laser,btooth gps)

wanting 10 minutes

4) have a btooth gps that needs to be close to camera, can i top it on the mast? do i just match weight at the cam..

5) can you post the latest desired specs , meaning if i purchased the ecilop easy and i build it, do you have a more current equipment list re:motors, props, gyro's etc.. I am sure a lot has changed in 9 months of use in the field? maybe not :0

once i have this detail, consider me a customer..
Just my observations here as I haven't flown yet...

Straight down, you'd probably need to use the tripod screw camera mount and rig something to point straight down.

No idea about ys-x6. I am going to test waypoints with APM.

One common bottom-side gimbal payload is probably a Sony Nex-5n with 18-55mm lens and maybe a separate fpv cam, which weighs between 500-550 grams. Overall payload is dependent on several factors. Ecilop site lists frame weight at .6kg and total flight weight at about 2.2kg. You can use eCalc for multirotors to calculate payload and estimated flight time. Someone else can probably comment with better experience.

A list of currently posted setups is on page 93.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Last edited by InfinitR; Nov 02, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:44 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
This is the option for those who have more money than time. I prefer not to take order for the assembly. But there were lot of accusations that I offer an incomplete solution. As an answer to those I offered a ready to fly totally assembled, customized and tested set with all the necessary accessories and DHL shipping.
If the operator requests a thousand dollars for the day of filming do not wonder that the assembly also costs money.

As much as I know nobody else can offer you a NEX-5 camera with the remote control for both photo and video modes. We offer the set of equipment we use ourselves. If the customer is ready to pay for the assembly we do not save on the components and purchase quality monitor, gyro, servo and etc.

If I would charge $1000 for assembling my ecilop and get it perfectly setup I would be making about 12 cents/hour
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:13 PM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
If I would charge $1000 for assembling my ecilop and get it perfectly setup I would be making about 12 cents/hour
yeah, welcome to the "filming for free" club (Not that I payed 1k for setup or something.. but I am not sure when and if my investments pay themselves back )
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
I'm recently buy a Ecilop, and still have some doubts...

1. What is the best gyroscopes? I was looking to Turnigy Mini MEMS.
I see that don't has any conclusion about this.

2. I have bought the ecilop with recommended:
Servo MKS DS9670A+
Motor MT3506-25

This configuration support cameras like Sony CX760 with +/- 600g of weight?

Thanks!
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:02 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyy View Post
yeah, welcome to the "filming for free" club (Not that I payed 1k for setup or something.. but I am not sure when and if my investments pay themselves back )
Being in NYC, I get asked weekly to film for some Producer that sees me flying. They always offer to "pay very well". I guess it would be easy enough to pull in a couple thousand a week but decided to keep it a hobby and concentrate on my real job of selling bicycles to pay for this hobby. I would be glad to pay Aleksey whatever he asks to get a RTF unit but I enjoy building them and figuring out how they work.
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:11 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
Being in NYC, I get asked weekly to film for some Producer that sees me flying. They always offer to "pay very well". I guess it would be easy enough to pull in a couple thousand a week but decided to keep it a hobby and concentrate on my real job of selling bicycles to pay for this hobby. I would be glad to pay Aleksey whatever he asks to get a RTF unit but I enjoy building them and figuring out how they work.
I understand what you mean. I am also doing this mostly for fun - I am a software programmer and I don't have as much time as I would need for this hobby.
But quite often people ask for my business card when they see Ecilop in the air
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
As much as I know nobody else can offer you a NEX-5 camera with the remote control for both photo and video modes..
there is equipment made for nex 5:
http://littlesmartthings.com/stratosnapper/
Or even cheaper version http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/shutter-zoom.htm
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS