HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:07 PM
oops.
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2006
83 Posts
Question
How do I setup Phoenix RC for JR7202 for Heli?

Hi,

I just got my Phoenix sim, but am having trouble deciphering how to set it up and un-mix the channels, etc...

I did change it to PPM...

The closest I got to getting something that worked was with the "1-servo" swash setup....

When they say center the sticks, does that mean set the channel at 50%? or the actual center of the stick travel?

Should I me unmixing everything to be linear rather than have expo?

I'm just lost, I wanted it to be as close as possible to real life so that this sim time seriously could help my flying, but I can't even get the controls straight!

Please help!
dasbigunit is offline Find More Posts by dasbigunit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:32 PM
oops.
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2006
83 Posts
Am I supposed to use the throttle / pitch curves that I usually use on my radio or do I make those linear and change it within Phoenix? I'm assuming that I leave the Phoenix settings linear and do my curves in my radio. Is this correct?

My throttle curve is the main one that messes up... because i'm at 85% by mid-stick, if i have my stick centered when I calibrate it, it's actually at 85% throttle... what do I do?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:28 PM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
leave the normal mode curves stock, calibrate the tx in normal mode

then setup idle up 1 and 2 with a 100,50, 100 throttle curve, leave the pitch curve stock.

in the profile tick the little box down the bottom left called "governor throttle cutoff"

Ade
Ade is offline Find More Posts by Ade
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
oops.
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2006
83 Posts
Do I leave the TX in 3-Servo 120-Degree Swashplate mixing mode?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:46 AM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
no you set it to non-ccpm.

on a side note, You can leave it in CCPM if you wish as phoenix has a de-mixer for those ultra cheap radios that come with some CP micros that will only transmit in CCPM. It does make the setup a bit more complex tho.

Ade
Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:24 PM
oops.
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2006
83 Posts
I think I got it working, although I set the Swashmix to (1-servo) I think that takes off the mixing from the others. I couldn't get it to work de-mixing the 120degree swash, because the aileron/elevator affects collective, and couldn't be nulled out.

The additional thing, is that it must be calibrated at mid-stick equivelant not actual (physical) mid stick for throttle.

From there it was ok to try to get it similar to my heli by tuning the individual settings. It's not the way I envisioned it, but it works... for now.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:33 PM
Ade
Instructor
Bournemouth UK
Joined Aug 2002
1,836 Posts
you should calibrate with straight line linear curves then use a 100, 50, 100 for idle up. leave the pitch curves stock its the only way to fly aerobatics of any kind.

how did you invision it working?

Ade