HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:15 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2009
379 Posts
Man, that looks so much better. Makes me what to change my ARFs.

Are you going to add a blue stripe from the middle of the nose, over the canopy and come to a point on the back to tie it into the wing blue?
Timthetoolman is offline Find More Posts by Timthetoolman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:50 AM
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Nov 2007
935 Posts
I had thought about something like that, but I am out of time. I want to have it flying next weekend for our Toys for tots flyin. I need to source a webra speed header or muffler.
jhaywood is online now Find More Posts by jhaywood
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:34 PM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
My Dirty Birdy arrived today and at the same time the NovaRossi Speed 13 came in. I opened it all up....and .....wet my pants...a little!!

Time to get to work. The last time I flew one of these was 197? Can't wait!!!!
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Nov 2007
935 Posts
Now you need an El Camino to haul it in to complete the 70s motif.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:39 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
I had one and yes sir.... I thought I was cool. I like to go back to the 70's and visit.....no way I would like to go back and stay. I made it through once don't think I could pull it off a second time.

I'm moving along with the Dirty Birdy. Wings are done, moving on to the fuselage.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:42 PM
Joined Nov 2007
935 Posts
Hey an El Camino SS 396/375 would be welcome as an airplane hauler in my world!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 05:24 AM
United States, CA, Norco
Joined Feb 2007
355 Posts
+1 on the El Camino.

Had a 1970 SS 396 (actually a 402) with the full Gauge package, clock even worked. 10.5 to 1 pistons, Torker Manifold, 850 double pumper Holly with mechanical secondary, monster cam. Racing Turbo 400.

Blew up the 402 after blowing the doors off a Judge. Kept my foot in it add insult to injury. The injury ended up being mine. You could reach inside the engine on the drivers side and touch the head on the passengers side of the block. Long block a total loss.

Replace it with a 427 four bolt main, 12.5 to 1 open chambered pistons for the new heads
Bought the largest hydraulic cam you could get at the time. Had to run a 50/50 mix of Union 76 92 leaded and 100/130 avation gas. To keep it from pinging. Miss that car!

Would love to have it for my airplane hauler. A hot rod for my R/C Plane hot rod.

Got while a junior in High School. Ok ok I digress.
Roguedog is offline Find More Posts by Roguedog
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:10 AM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
Ok....mine was a clunker. 350...stock except the wheels and tires. Not very fast at all but it was cool.....not as cool as my 68 vette, nothing was a cool as that car. One of the fastest car I've ever owned but you couldn't hall to many airplanes in the thing.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 04:31 AM
United States, CA, Norco
Joined Feb 2007
355 Posts
Nice! Hey I'm an El Camino fan so an El Camino 350 clunker with rims would do me just fine.

Had a 1970 350 as well. Got the body for $75 dollars from a Veterinarian that used the motor and trans for truck. Man you could really get engines and transmissions for cheap back then.

Sorry to say that one got totaled after a day of debauchery at a nearby lake following some gals home. Nough said about that.
Roguedog is offline Find More Posts by Roguedog
Old Nov 30, 2013, 09:40 AM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
I finally got to fly my Dirty Birdy yesterday. My daughter was in town for the holidays and since she has always been my lucky charm I talked her in to going with me to the field.

The DB needed a couple clicks of up and a few of left and it was time to let it rip. 4 points, slow rolls, big loops, top hat and a couple of Cuban eights.... I did not want to land. For an ARF I will say that it is pretty close to right on the money out of the box. No bad habits at all.

I didn't want to push my luck, with my daughter, so one flight and we headed home. Oh yea the Nova Rossi ran like a champ. Even running it pretty rich this engine pulls!