HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Cambridge
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Discussion
Prop spacer / sleeve question.

Fitting my props for the first time, I have 2216 Tiger Motors And 10" Graupner props. Quadcopters UK supplied me with some Graupner spacers.
I tried pushing the spacer on and it was far too difficult, so I screwed it on, it's stopped at the end of the thread and will not move at all.

My question is..
Is it supposed to stop there or somehow push to the bottom? I have ot got bionic hands and fingers to screw it or push it any further down.

Edit:
My Answer is..
I feel a bit stupid now! But for anyone else wondering in the future yes they push all the way down, find something to push it down against that won't move and it works.

Jmm_jammy is offline Find More Posts by Jmm_jammy
Last edited by Jmm_jammy; Jan 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
On the same topic, has anyone had to file down a the shaft? As my spacer seems taller than the blade itself so when tightening the top nut it's sitting on the spacer not prop
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:04 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
170 Posts
Hmmmm, I use the aluminum spacers from Quadrocopter and they slide on without hanging up.

I would make sure you have the correct version as there is a 5mm-8mm & 6mm-8mm...etc

If they are correct I would take them back off and use a little bearing oil to see if that gets them down on the shaft. Also I wouldn't cut the thread section of the prop adapters
DesJardins is offline Find More Posts by DesJardins
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,235 Posts
Where are coming from your adapters ?
They're not genuine Graupner as below.
These slide easily on the shaft and in the prop.

Mortimer is online now Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mortimer; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
Where are coming from your adapters ?
They're not genuine Graupner as below.
These slide easily on the shaft and in the prop.

They come from quadcopters uk, in graupner packaging
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
374 Posts
Whether they are offical or not I can say they are utter boll***s and should not be supplied by any retailer! My props were perfectly balanced, these were placed in and the balancing is so far out its unbelievable.
So I've had to sand more, add more glue and wait for it to dry, hours of work!
Really wish quadcopters uk told me they were sh*t and give an option to pay for metal ones!.

Rant over.

Edit: official Graupner spacers are actually plastic, metal ones are made by third party company's.
If anyone can tell me where to get metal spacers in the UK it would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Jmm_jammy; Jan 25, 2013 at 02:20 PM.