HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
Road Scholar
JimmyJet727's Avatar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Found the paint can ......
Wow that's pretty sexy. And classy. Yes please share some details.
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post
http://youtu.be/1xHeLm-5Rmg

Hey guys! I haven't had a chance to fly the VisionAire since we shot the product video a few months back.

Well I finally got chance to fly it again today and figured if I'm going to fly it I might as well shoot some video.

Can wait to shoot another one when it gets clam out. As fun as this plane is to fly in all sorts of wind it's even more fun to fly in super calm conditions.
So when you went full throttle like on the snakes, tumbles, snaps, and circuits did you stay in 3d mode or did you go to general mode? I'm worried that I won't be able to do any higher speed 3d with this.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:50 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,952 Posts
Just placed my order for one. Wait now for shiny box I do... :-)
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:30 PM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post
Hey Count! ................ Only difference is how much more power I use in flight (compared to product video) and how I use the inertia of the plane. Like full throttle...then pull up. you get more energy that way than hover and punch out.
I notice on the video that the plane tends to drift out on sharp turns. I have never noticed this before on a plane...to use a modern phrase, it looks cool. Is this because of your flying style of full throttle, something like a racing car driver drifting a car on a corner on full throttle?

I have had mine on pre-order for some weeks...roll on delivery.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:34 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
I notice on the video that the plane tends to drift out on sharp turns. I have never noticed this before on a plane...to use a modern phrase, it looks cool. Is this because of your flying style of full throttle, something like a racing car driver drifting a car on a corner on full throttle?

I have had mine on pre-order for some weeks...roll on delivery.
WINDS were about 10+
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:37 PM
lownslow
windrnone's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJet727 View Post
Wow that's pretty sexy. And classy. Yes please share some details.
Sure, I used a soft artist brush and flat black paint, flat black seems to make the white look brighter.

The paint was ACE Hardware brand “RUST STOP” Flat Black oil based enamel. I know enamel is a no no on foam, but this paint works well on all my z-foam planes, It is a bit thick in the can so I added about 1 tablespoon of paint thinner per 8 oz can, and I have no brush marks.
ACE #1967405. To be sure you might want to test it yourself, I have used it on my T-28, F4F, F27Q, CZ and now VA. I tried water soluble paints and they did not stick nearly as well, this stuff is great cheap and covers w one coat……..

https://www.aceisyourplace.com/produ...7C1967405.html

I taped most of the straight lines with painters tape - medium grade, the curves I managed by hand.

I did clean the wings with rubbing alcohol, but be careful or you will spread the red around it dissolves easily.

The design was already there, I merely covered the red, and added the two additional boxes on the wings tips (ailerons) to make the wing look bigger in the sky while conforming to the existing theme.

Took me about 2 hours !!!!

………ed
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Last edited by windrnone; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:56 PM
gwh
Registered User
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,605 Posts
Magnets for the wing fences?

I picked up a VA today at my LHS today. While assembling it I noticed that there were four round mold marks in the wing under each wing fence. Did HH originally intend to hold the wing fences on with magnets and then backed off for cost or technical reasons?
gwh is offline Find More Posts by gwh
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:06 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post
http://youtu.be/1xHeLm-5Rmg

Hey guys! I haven't had a chance to fly the VisionAire since we shot the product video a few months back.

Well I finally got chance to fly it again today and figured if I'm going to fly it I might as well shoot some video.

Can wait to shoot another one when it gets clam out. As fun as this plane is to fly in all sorts of wind it's even more fun to fly in super calm conditions.
excellent video Colton wish i had such fine stick control this plane is going to end up a Legend! like a couple of the other PZ products and i can see the first shipment disappearing very quick

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:14 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
_Colton_'s Avatar
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
So when you went full throttle like on the snakes, tumbles, snaps, and circuits did you stay in 3d mode or did you go to general mode? I'm worried that I won't be able to do any higher speed 3d with this.
I did not leave 3D mode. What you don't want to do is fly any long lines in 3D mode full throttle. Normally in 3D you keep moving so this isn't a problem. I Usually do snakes, rolling hard, or doing snap rolls on straights so your not really going full throttle. If I am doing an extended line then I'll either back of the throttle some (this is good for the AS3X system but also good for the look of flying. because you'll look overall like your holding more constant speed) or I'll flip to low rates (general flight mode in this case)

Believe me it'll huck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
I notice on the video that the plane tends to drift out on sharp turns. I have never noticed this before on a plane...to use a modern phrase, it looks cool. Is this because of your flying style of full throttle, something like a racing car driver drifting a car on a corner on full throttle?

I have had mine on pre-order for some weeks...roll on delivery.
You can achieve the same look by ruddering your turn's more. You can do this by giving your rudder most of the command you want and adding a little ail in for the banking effect or you can go a little opposite ail to keep the turn totally flat.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:19 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
_Colton_'s Avatar
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
excellent video Colton wish i had such fine stick control this plane is going to end up a Legend! like a couple of the other PZ products and i can see the first shipment disappearing very quick

cheers chuck

Waiting for you next video chuck. I think if you start with harriers like QQ suggests you'll pick it up in no time.

It'll make you a better pilot overall over time. It gives you the most fine control over a plane because now you want it to stall and you can control it straight though it.

Once you learn and grow confident with 3D you'll go back and fly your warbirds with much more appreciation and skill. You'll notice you'll use more rudder and coordinate turn to make them look more scale. Your landing will get better because you'll start to "feel" stalls.

As everyone else on here We love your videos man and look forward to more. It's always great to see you progress.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:39 PM
Registered User
rsobel's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post

Hey guys! I haven't had a chance to fly the VisionAire since we shot the product video a few months back.

Well I finally got chance to fly it again today and figured if I'm going to fly it I might as well shoot some video.

Can wait to shoot another one when it gets clam out. As fun as this plane is to fly in all sorts of wind it's even more fun to fly in super calm conditions.
Colton, that is some sweet flying!! Wow!
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:45 PM
Registered User
rsobel's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlongenecker View Post
Found the link to the downloadable program, but is it really any different than the settings outlined for the DX8 in the manual?
I had already done mine per the manual. Just for kicks I downloaded the program and compared it. It's the same, the travels set to 125% and the rates are what they were in the book. So those are the only two things the downloaded program incorporates, which is the same as in the manual.
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post
I did not leave 3D mode. What you don't want to do is fly any long lines in 3D mode full throttle. Normally in 3D you keep moving so this isn't a problem. I Usually do snakes, rolling hard, or doing snap rolls on straights so your not really going full throttle. If I am doing an extended line then I'll either back of the throttle some (this is good for the AS3X system but also good for the look of flying. because you'll look overall like your holding more constant speed) or I'll flip to low rates (general flight mode in this case)

Believe me it'll huck
Ok, thanks!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:33 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
_Colton_'s Avatar
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Ok, thanks!
Sorry I just realized I typed that first sentence wrong. I did leave it in 3D mode for all of that. As I said though I didn't hold lines long enough and didn't let the speed get high enough to cause any problems or oscillation. Sorry about the confusion. One of those start to type and then change the way your going to say something deals and you forget you already typed a few words.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:42 PM
Registered User
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2010
145 Posts
Download info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
I had already done mine per the manual. Just for kicks I downloaded the program and compared it. It's the same, the travels set to 125% and the rates are what they were in the book. So those are the only two things the downloaded program incorporates, which is the same as in the manual.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
rlongenecker is offline Find More Posts by rlongenecker
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF ChuckTseeker Foamy EDFs 3837 Today 09:32 AM
For Sale New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 12, 2012 12:26 AM
Sold New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 23, 2012 09:10 AM