HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:02 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,500 Posts
LOL! Yeah, I have already been bombarded. We have over 500 backordered in our shopping cart system, which means we probably have thousands of people waiting to by them. We only have a few hundred at most sitting here unassembled. We do the end/top pin assembly, antenna assembly, programming, labeling, testing, all here in house.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:09 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
LOL! Yeah, I have already been bombarded. We have over 500 backordered in our shopping cart system, which means we probably have thousands of people waiting to by them. We only have a few hundred at most sitting here unassembled. We do the end/top pin assembly, antenna assembly, programming, labeling, testing, all here in house.
well, spit. I was going to wait until they were listed on the site to grab some... looks like I just sailed me a boat
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Jul 2006
781 Posts
Backorder? Didn't know there was a way, all I see is a "Notify when back In stock".

Quote:
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr24 View Post
Backorder? Didn't know there was a way, all I see is a "Notify when back In stock".
The site isn't very up-to-date. Maybe all the orders became back orders and then they put up: "Notify when back In stock"

I've pretty much concluded that I have to decide on great customer service or a great product because I can't have both. I had a lot of issues with my Spek equipment, but they always had great customer service and an awesome website.

Will the 900Mhz receivers be out in time for Xmas?
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:44 AM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
352 Posts
I hope there will be a price break for all of us who have waited for receivers. Jumping ship to another brand (because of no product available) has been tempting. Swapping Rx's between planes because there is none available is a pain!

Jeff
jrplane is online now Find More Posts by jrplane
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr24 View Post
if you click on the'notify when back in stock', a window pops up asking for your e-mail address.
if in doubt, click on everything!
experimentation is the word.
in some cases you get a squeal in others a slap on the face.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Jul 2006
781 Posts
I did that awhile back, I thought he was talking about actually taking backorders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
if you click on the'notify when back in stock', a window pops up asking for your e-mail address.
if in doubt, click on everything!
experimentation is the word.
in some cases you get a squeal in others a slap on the face.
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:10 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,938 Posts
Quote:
So Jim, assuming you need to go to a different CPU for the 9-12ch RXs, is that a "back to the drawing board" deal or a matter of substituting a component and putting into beta. What I'm really asking is - what do you believe the new ETA is for the 9-12. Thanks.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
So Jim, assuming you need to go to a different CPU for the 9-12ch RXs, is that a "back to the drawing board" deal or a matter of substituting a component and putting into beta. What I'm really asking is - what do you believe the new ETA is for the 9-12. Thanks.
Tee Hee.
tholmes345 is online now Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,314 Posts
Are updates of the modules part of this?
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,500 Posts
The CPU change just requires testing of the new CPU to make sure there are no timing issues (or reboot issues like what we just went through).
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member