HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
New interest..need mentor and advice...

Hello,

I am interested in trying flying off of the Issaquah hang gliding site. I don't know anything about gliders or flying, so where do I start? I have no equipment.

I am in Kirkland. I have limited interest in building a plane from scratch, but would be more than happy to rig the electronics, etc. I guess I'd consider myself more of a mechanic than a carpenter.

Is there anyone in the area that could point me in the right direction?

Is there a store locally that specializes in these things?

I don't even know what questions I should be asking. I guess I should start with what radio, plane, etc to buy and go from there...

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Jim warlickone@hotmail.com
warlickone is offline Find More Posts by warlickone
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:04 PM
Seattle, WA, USA
Joined Oct 2005
53 Posts
Remote Control Hobbies of Woodinville is a good local shop.

On Wednesday evenings at 60 Acres Park South (approx Willows and 116th in Redmond) the Seattle Area Soaring Society (SASS) fly various sailplanes, and you can approach anybody with your interest - they like nothing better than to talk about their hobby). You will be able to garner more advice than you know what to do with.
khughes is offline Find More Posts by khughes