HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2009
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_L View Post
I suspect that your elevon throws are the issue. What I mean is that if they go up much more than down (for example) then that introduces a significant pitch up action as well as the roll action, and the rolls are quite barrel like.
To correct this you need to add negative differential and not all transmitters have that available as a standard (they might only have positive differential).
The other way to do it is mechanically with the geometry of the servo horn and where it is positioned when the servo is 'centred'.

My CG is at the same point that yours is and I find it be quite good at that location. It is a very smooth and predictable aircraft to fly.

That makes perfect sense! My transmitter dies allow +and - differential so it should be a fairly easy fix. Other than the rolls this plane is amazing to fly, goes where you point out and you can do almost anything you want in the sky, what fun!

Launching seems easy for me most launches were about half throttle but I even did a power off throw then added power, worked great.
gumby77 is offline Find More Posts by gumby77
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,116 Posts
are you using a dx6i?they had a software problem that kinda screwed up elevon settings.had to reverse leads and it gave one elevon more throw that the other
oly_rcer is online now Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
are you using a dx6i?they had a software problem that kinda screwed up elevon settings.had to reverse leads and it gave one elevon more throw that the other
I have not seen this bug on my DX6i. There are some settings that could cause this behavior but once setup correctly the Radjet rolls around its nose correctly.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,116 Posts
If you check the dx6i forum here it will explain what the problem is and how to work around it
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1046058 and there are many other forums on dx6i also,google them
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
1,543 Posts
Quote:
If you check the dx6i forum here it will explain what the problem is and how to work around it
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1046058 and there are many other forums on dx6i also,google them
Ok well that is from 2008 and there have been multiple updates for the DX6i since then. I have not noticed this on my DSMX version of the radio but I will check it now that you have pointed it out.
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,116 Posts
Not sure if they fixed it in the dsmx models,think so.But earlier models should check this.Went crazy one night trying to set up my buds stryker till I figured this out lol
Old Today, 12:38 AM
BGR
Foam Junkie
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Not sure if they fixed it in the dsmx models,think so.But earlier models should check this.Went crazy one night trying to set up my buds stryker till I figured this out lol
Now that I think about it a flying buddy had the same issue. Every time he tried to roll his wing it went ass over tea kettle while my Radjet worked perfectly.

He must have had an older DX6i because it was a pain in the ass to get it setup right. I think that you have found the cause, the old DX6i had a bug and they fixed it when they updated to DSMX.