HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HeliGriff, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:16 PM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Gyro settings

READ BEFORE YOU SET YOUR GYROS TO THE PHOTO BELOW!!!

All of you know that I purposely have not published a photo of my RX Gyro settings. The reason is because NO TWO HELIS ARE THE SAME! please do not think that you can set your RX to match someone elses and get the same results... it won't happen! Here's why:

* If your swash is levelled to a personal preference that is different than mine, it will effect the Gyro sensitivity.
* If your CG is different than mine, it will effect the Gyro sensitivity.
* If your tracking, blades, head balance, worn parts, etc are in any way different, it will effect the Gyro sensitivity.

The photo will get you close to mine. Just be sure to take the time to fine-tune the gyros to your preferences.
HeliGriff is online now Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jun 21, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:51 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Stock Blades longer now?

I remember, a few months ago, one Blogger posted that his new Walkera 180Z blades were longer than the V200D01. Everyone jumped on the thread and dispelled his testiment saying "they are all the same, just a different color just like the description says." As it turns out, the blogger was right.

I've ordered a couple dozen blades over the past few months, the same part# each time. Yet, today my new blades arrived and they are much longer. So, I emailed Jonothan about whether this was a fluke or if we can get these blades regularly.

ANSWER: WowHobbies responded "The CB180-Z-01 is slightly longer than the CB180Z-Z-01 (double Z), if you try to give it too much turn, it might stike the tail rotor." That means that I ordered the wrong set. I'm going to try them anyway. So there you have it! -thanks Jonathon!

BTW.. some ask why I use the 180Z blades instead of the V200D01 blades. Well, its because..... wait for it..... I just like the looks of 'em!
Last edited by HeliGriff; Sep 15, 2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: updated
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:51 PM
I haveno idea what I am doing
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Heligriff,

Thanks for all the great info! I have had this heli for about six weeks and I love it . Just need to treak it some. I will take your advice with me next time I am at the park. I think I have the gyros cranked up too much.
2dmatt is offline Find More Posts by 2dmatt
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dmatt View Post
Heligriff,

Thanks for all the great info! I have had this heli for about six weeks and I love it . Just need to treak it some. I will take your advice with me next time I am at the park. I think I have the gyros cranked up too much.
Thanks for the feedback! Good luck at the park!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:44 AM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Back up V200D01

Awhile back, I crashed my V200D01 inside the shop and the damage was extensive (hit a steel beam). That's when I bought the Classima300. I thought I'd be sooo smart and disassemble EVERYTHING on the V200D01 and use it for spare parts. I mean EVERY nut, bolt, setscrew, part... everything!

Over time, I noticed that I had restocked so many spare parts, I had enough to rebuild it, except for the frame, servos, tail boom, and a motor. So, my parts came in and I proceeded to build her in one evening (5.5 hrs). Done! Can't wait to test fly her!

I picked up a V200D"02" canopy for the Classima300 so that I have sequential numbers V200D..01 & ..02 for display. It will be fun to see how similar I can get these two birds to fly!

Stay tuned!
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jun 24, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:30 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
155 Posts
HeliGriff, This is an excellent Blog. I'm still in the learning stages of flying/repairing the CB180Z which is similar to the V200D01. The tips and information which you have presented is applicable and has been helpful.
Thanks for sharing,
Bern
bebev is online now Find More Posts by bebev
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebev View Post
HeliGriff, This is an excellent Blog. I'm still in the learning stages of flying/repairing the CB180Z which is similar to the V200D01. The tips and information which you have presented is applicable and has been helpful.
Thanks for sharing,
Bern
Thanks! I'm glad that it is helpful! More to come, I'm sure, as we all discover better ways to fly and tweak these birds. I've received a lot of help from my blogger-buddies as well!
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jun 25, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
V200D01 Factory Settings

TIP: After a big crash or a lot of "test" adjustments, things may have gotten out of control. If you know the factory settings, you can return to that point and start adjusting from there.

Here are the "Out Of The Box" settings. Since your servos may be centered differently, these are only a suggested beginning point.

SERVOS: none are centered at 90 degrees!
Ail & Elev Servo-arms: arms will point downward by one tooth.
Rudder Servo: It doesn't matter where it is centered, simply adjust the tail linkage rod so that the Tail Control Rocking Beam (part#64 "L" shape bracket on tail) is 90 degrees to tail shaft.

SWASHPLATE: Height of Swashplate above servo fitting-plate, Aileron side: 17.3mm (corrected from 10.8mm, Sorry)

ALSO SEE: Post #29 How to reset swashplate to factory

LINKAGES:
Aileron (servo on the right facing forward) linkage: 16.30mm
Elevator (servo on the left facing backward) linkage: 15.60mm
Pitch linkages (from swashplate to blade grip rocker): both 17.4mm

GYROS:
Aileron Gyro: 11:30
Elevator Gyro: 11:30
Rudder Gyro: 12:00
Rudder Extend: 1:00
Ail/Elev Extend: 11:30

TX:
Dual Rate Switch: "on" toggle switch up toward you
Throttle Limit Dial: "off" toggle switch away from you
Trims: Throttle all the way down 0%, all others 50%

Good luck!
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jul 17, 2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Swashplate Height corrected. Sorry
Old Jun 26, 2011, 03:11 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
A Great Day! I got to dial-in both 200's! Also got to dial-in the collective pitch 450. There's a big difference between FP and CP.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Hey man I set the gyros just like the example picture and it took all of the wobble out! NICE! It flys much better. it still wants to bring the nose up when let off the forward stick but i think that is just me over-correcting a little too much. I think with some more tweaking this thing will fly awesome. Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:17 AM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Quote:
Hey man I set the gyros just like the example picture and it took all of the wobble out! NICE! It flys much better. it still wants to bring the nose up when let off the forward stick but i think that is just me over-correcting a little too much. I think with some more tweaking this thing will fly awesome. Thanks!
Glad it helped!

Several of us have been experimenting by moving the CG forward a little, which also corrects some of the Pitch-up problems. You can start with moving the skids, ESC, RX forward a little, maybe adding weight. Dsobbe moved his battery forward and solved the problem. Meanwhile, just go fly and have FUN!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:30 PM
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Ok so I just got finished rebuilding from today flight. I defiantly don't have and problem with the nose coming up any more. Today was the first day I flipped the servo switch to the "holy crap" position and that livened things up nicely! Fast forward to halfway through the second battery and I was doing some nice circuits. Then I decided to put the hammer down. From here I'm not sure what happened but I found myself in a high speed banking turn and I somehow got disoriented and went into a nosedive that was moving so fast I had no time to correct it. I hit the ground and It looked like the thing just exploded. Haha! I walked over and the skids were stuck in the ground about 5 feet away. Canopy demolished, maingear, main blades, battery compartment. It was my worst crash so far but the thing was flying like a ferrari. Anyway , some parts and super glue, and I'm back in business. I love this hobby!
Last edited by 2dmatt; Jun 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:25 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Ouch!

Quote:
Ok so I just got finished rebuilding from today flight. I defiantly don't have and problem with the nose coming up any more. Today was the first day I flipped the servo switch to the "holy crap" position and that livened things up nicely! Fast forward to halfway through the second battery and I was doing some nice circuits. Then I decided to put the hammer down. From here I'm not sure what happened but I found myself in a high speed banking turn and I somehow got disoriented and went into a nosedive that was moving so fast I had no time to correct it. I hit the ground and It looked like the thing just exploded. Haha! I walked over and the skids were stuck in the ground about 5 feet away. Canopy demolished, maingear, main blades, battery compartment. It was my worst crash so far but the thing was flying like a ferrari. Anyway , some parts and super glue, and I'm back in business. I love this hobby!
OUCH! ..been there! I know how you feel. These little dudes are fast!!! But, it's a cheap rebuild and you'll find it flys better after you rebuild it, than before. Each time you'll tweak it a little better.

When you fly circuits again, try turning "on" your Dual Rates (D/R switch up) and increase your AIL/Elev Extends (on the RX) a tiny-tiny bit. The small increase of Extend gives you more control, while at the same time, the D/R "on" will keep the heli tame "overall", so it doesn't get away from you.

Catch ya in a few days when you're back in the air! Thanks for posting!
Last edited by HeliGriff; Jun 30, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 08:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Back in business today. Had some good circuits but still pitching nose up if i let off the forward stick the least little bit. Im gonna try to change the CG and see what happens. BTW it looks just like a 180z now. haha had a canopy and blade spares.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:48 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,203 Posts
Quote:
Back in business today. Had some good circuits but still pitching nose up if i let off the forward stick the least little bit. Im gonna try to change the CG and see what happens. BTW it looks just like a 180z now. haha had a canopy and blade spares.
That was fast! I don't fly the canopies that you see in my photos. I have crappy old ones, taped-up & glued, for flyin'

..try backing off the Elev gyro a bit and see what happens.