HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
ChancesAU.......what a great video.....and what a great place to fly!

As far as laws.......even here, post 9/11 you would probably have a fleet of Black SUVs at your door step after a RC flight through a major city........
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Last edited by F18; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:47 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Thanks that spot was the 3rd choice, the other parks had people there
Yeah its pretty bad here too for stuff like that, as long as you dont buzz people and do silly stuff I dont see a problem, all common sense.

Got 4 Lipos for the mossie now... aww yeah!
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:48 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,329 Posts
well first off sorry for muti posting this post, so if you have seen it in another thread again sorry about that

well i went to the indoor session last week that is held once a month here in Adelaide, there was a good turn out and i got some great footage of the new Pole Cat doing laps inside, also caught it in a mid air that your see later in the vid and it flew away with just a spinner missing, not sure what condition the other plane ended up

the reason i multi posted is there are so many micros there i'm sure people in other threads would like to see their UM, so theres the Pole Cat, a T-28,F4U Corsair,Mosquito, Sbach, Extra 300 3-d, a big profile drops off a P-51 it collected in the air, the Sbach flown like we haven't seen yet and indoors and many more planes too, so sit back and enjoy

cheers chuck

An Evening Flying Indoors At ETSA Park (12 min 31 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:51 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
i wouldnt fly the mossie on anything less than the 240mah pack that came with it.
The stock battery isn't anything to brag about. On the other hand, I've flown Hyperions ranging from 160 to 240mah, and they perform GREAT!!

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:33 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
The stock battery isn't anything to brag about. On the other hand, I've flown Hyperions ranging from 160 to 240mah, and they perform GREAT!!

Gene K
The stock 240 is actually not to bad..I do use hyperions though.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:08 PM
I've reached my critical AoA
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Dec 2005
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer View Post
Thanks for the tip - dipped the nose in a cup of boiling water and that did the trick very nicely. Unfortunately I'd already got the orange peel effect from trying heating with a hairdryer (having seen that tip elsewhere - didn't really work very well), but then mine is never going to win any awards for close up appearance - doesn't make any difference when it's flying!

Haven't got any fridge magnet or magnetic business card stuff - will keep a lookout, though swapping the one magnet I have to the top works OK.
Get neodymium magnets. You can find them on Amazon if no where else. I have quite a selection in all sizes.
G-Man is offline Find More Posts by G-Man
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:47 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
562 Posts
Been flying the stock Eflites. Land her after about 7 minutes. No LVC yet. Have Hyperions but flying them in other ums.
allelectrik is offline Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,418 Posts
I fly with a 500mah Tenergy. I can fly for 15-20min easy. The little extra weight doesn't cause any problems either. I use the 240 hyp's also but shorter flying time.
wyldkrd is offline Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:54 PM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,515 Posts
Where do you get these bigger packs from?
I like the sound of the Tenergy 500s, my mozzie has so much tape on the tail now its upsetting the CoG so a heavier pack would be great!!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:56 AM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Where do you get these bigger packs from?
I like the sound of the Tenergy 500s, my mozzie has so much tape on the tail now its upsetting the CoG so a heavier pack would be great!!
all-battery.com. look in the helicopter packs section. It has the jst and micro plug so if you have a Blade you can use it in that as well.
wyldkrd is offline Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:51 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Video from Saturday, might head to the beach tomorrow if the wind is down enough.
Enjoy.

ParkZone UM Mosquito FPV - The only way to fly! (2 min 36 sec)
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:18 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
743 Posts
another amazing video
ps FPV parts are on the way for the mosquito. i just need to find some goggles and a 5.8ghz RX set up now. but im not it to much of a hurry. i have a new UMX Beast to fly. a sukhoi to fix and the mosquito needs some tlc after it threw a prop!
keep the vids coming Dude!
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:43 PM
Charleston, SC
Joined Jul 2006
806 Posts
Scrap it?

After both motor gears have failed (from crashes), I've moved on to the UM Corsair, which I actually like better than the Mosquito.

So my used Mosquito is available for sale.
Raehm is offline Find More Posts by Raehm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Me-262 Build
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:50 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
another amazing video
ps FPV parts are on the way for the mosquito. i just need to find some goggles and a 5.8ghz RX set up now. but im not it to much of a hurry. i have a new UMX Beast to fly. a sukhoi to fix and the mosquito needs some tlc after it threw a prop!
keep the vids coming Dude!
HobbyKing for the Fatshark goggles I reckon, bout $220 I think.
Weather is too good at the moment, took the mosquito down the beach, probably about 5knot winds?
Here's the vid

ParkZone UM Mosquito FPV - Down the beach (5 min 0 sec)
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:50 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
743 Posts
wicked video once again! iv been watching some of your older vids. the fpv Beast would look soo cool with the wide angle!
just found the fat shark 5.8 set. its $299 so might have to wait before the missus say's yes to that LOL
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris