contact303 is online now Find More Posts by contact303
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2014, 04:15 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Will the DRQ220 have a integrated PCB power distribution board? That's a feature I'll pay for (upgrading my DRQ250 RCX1804 with sunnysky's soon and will be finally using the PCB power distribution boards)

If you guys want to save some weight you could remove the 2 middle support pillars (instead of the top plate held on by 6 pillars, now its just the outer 4), that cuts off around 6g. Also using nylon bolts instead of metal M3 screws for the PCB.
Hi cheese, which PDB are you going with for the DRQ250?
cruiser73 is online now Find More Posts by cruiser73
Old Dec 17, 2014, 04:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
158 Posts
i wish to be an electrical engineer to design integrated pdb for 220 but i am a mechanical engineer .

If you guys know anyone who can design it , i am ready .

As i said before its really tight fit design, its going to be really hard to put all escs inside the dirty.

BTW , i am thinking about to use
30mm Aliminum standoffs. Which one you prefer. al or black plastic standoffs?

I think Al will be better.
ubay is online now Find More Posts by ubay
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:35 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
What kind of features would people want to see in an integrated PDB?? just for power? power and lights? integrated voltage step up/down? connections for FPV gear integration?

Im just curious...im not an electrical engineer either...or any engineer for that fact...haha...im sure there is someone lurking around here who might know how to do this though...or I think there are programs that allow you to design your own circuit boards with relative ease.
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:42 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2014
22 Posts
Hey all. Integrated step down and connections for FPV get my vote! Leds are good too...but less so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
What kind of features would people want to see in an integrated PDB?? just for power? power and lights? integrated voltage step up/down? connections for FPV gear integration?

Im just curious...im not an electrical engineer either...or any engineer for that fact...haha...im sure there is someone lurking around here who might know how to do this though...or I think there are programs that allow you to design your own circuit boards with relative ease.
saturnprime is offline Find More Posts by saturnprime
Old Dec 17, 2014, 09:04 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubay View Post
i wish to be an electrical engineer to design integrated pdb for 220 but i am a mechanical engineer .

If you guys know anyone who can design it , i am ready .

As i said before its really tight fit design, its going to be really hard to put all escs inside the dirty.

BTW , i am thinking about to use
30mm Aliminum standoffs. Which one you prefer. al or black plastic standoffs?

A PDB with the features of something like the Atas PDB http://www.dronematters.com/index.ph...board-pro.html would be great
Old Dec 17, 2014, 09:06 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser73 View Post
Hi cheese, which PDB are you going with for the DRQ250?
I'll be using the included 2 copper coated G10 "PCBs" for power distribution. Sure beats splicing and soldering the 4 ESCs, battery, linear BEC, telemetry voltage monitor all at once!

For nylon bolts I was talking about mounting the PCBs with them, not the actual frame (since they would be too weak). The supplied metal ones are conductive, so in effect it enlarges the PCB to under the quad frame and if anything conductive crosses them you would get a nasty short. For that bolt I would switch it out for nylon. Aluminum bolts (main frame) would get my vote.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:45 PM
United States, MI, Dansville
Joined Oct 2012
507 Posts
PCB with esc, led would be great for a little 220 size quad. just keep it simple that's all. if vtx power could be added then its a win but not needed.
dybbob is offline Find More Posts by dybbob
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
I'll be using the included 2 copper coated G10 "PCBs" for power distribution. Sure beats splicing and soldering the 4 ESCs, battery, linear BEC, telemetry voltage monitor all at once!

For nylon bolts I was talking about mounting the PCBs with them, not the actual frame (since they would be too weak). The supplied metal ones are conductive, so in effect it enlarges the PCB to under the quad frame and if anything conductive crosses them you would get a nasty short. For that bolt I would switch it out for nylon. Aluminum bolts (main frame) would get my vote.
Cheers mate
Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubay View Post

That ubay
dont include shoddy Nylon stand-offs. People can get these themselves if they want to save 2gr
I d like my quads to be made proper and not from nylon
UHH it breaks and absorbs impact ..
Bollox i say
It destroys cables and connections when it rips apart while alloy might have just bend a bit .
NO ty
plz proper stand-offs

Ohh btw ..I so wish i would have learned something proper instead of writing virtual crap for corps ( software ) LOL
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
Joined Oct 2010
158 Posts
Ok i will keep the AL standoffs .what about height of standoffs 30mm or 35mm ? i tried 30mm with small 25x25mm 600tvl camera, it worked awesome.
As i said before for the integrated pdb , i cant do anything now. I need designer .
The pdbs which include regulator are really huge for this frame.

I think i I will keep the small copper plates with plastic screws, so there will be no conductive issue.
ubay is online now Find More Posts by ubay
Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,875 Posts
A pcb is nice but u know ...I find it not necessary can always get one if u want one
This thing is tiny so imo lets not stuff extra weight in there .
I know wiring etc etc etc but u know woot UBAY
Some of us like to fly not to worry abut a wire here and there or bling or whatever .
we like to fly and that's it ...
After all if u dont crash ur not trying hard enough
I also tried 30mm standoffs on my DRQ even stepped down to 20mm at the back so the thing slopes back ...smaller footprint ?
As long as we get a decent board cam up front! not just the 20mm super tiny once