Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:22 PM
Original AMA 5646
United States, IL, Neoga
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Discussion
Aluminum engine mount for NovoRossi 61

Hey Guys,

The engine mount in my Classic Pattern Saturn/OPS .60 broke where the bolt goes through the beam. I'm not sure want the make of the engine mount is but I am in need of another one just like my old one. I have one but the bolt holes for the engine are not correct.

Since I have the OPS .60 out I have decided to put my NovoRossi in the Saturn. Attached are a couple of pictures of the mount I need (without the engine bolt holes).

The width between the beams is 1 11/16".

If anyone has one would you be interested in selling it.

Thanks,
Ralph White
Neoga, IL
Ralph White is offline Find More Posts by Ralph White
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:12 PM
Joined Oct 2011
490 Posts
The engine mount is made by Fox. The last one I got was from Sheldons in San Jose. It was listed on their Ebay store. I looked for one on ebay and came up with nothing. You may try to call them but I fear that would be nothing but a lesson in frustration.
exf3bguy is offline Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:49 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,976 Posts
Ralph,

You could probably simplify things for yourself by using a readily available mount and using a lightened ply plate in the back of it.

For example you could take a Dave Brown 6070 mount. Then, cut two 1/8" ply plates the same size as the old Fox mount. Bolt the DB mount on to them and counter bore the rear one to sink the blind nuts into it so they're flush with the back. You can then bolt the plates to the existing firewall.

The key is to insure the plate bolts and the new DB mount bolts don't interfere with each other. It should be doable with a round mount.

It also assumes you have enough space up front to back the NR onto the mount giving the proper spacing between fuse nose and spinner backplate.

For what it's worth.

David
doxilia is offline Find More Posts by doxilia
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:42 PM
United States, IL
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Ralph, I have a used one that may work for you. PM me your email address and I'll send you some pictures.

Mark
tiporare is offline Find More Posts by tiporare
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiporare View Post
Ralph, I have a used one that may work for you. PM me your email address and I'll send you some pictures.

Mark
Ralph,
I have a very similar if not identical mount on the bench (it had a Kraft .61 on it). There are ways to mend/plug/mod it so as to fit the OPS engine to it. Won't be home until Friday night but I will check and let you know, it's your if you want it (unless the one that Tipo has works out for you).
Mark
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:10 PM
Original AMA 5646
United States, IL, Neoga
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Mark (Hook57),
I plan to use the Great Planes mount that comes with the Dirty Birdy ARF on my Saturn with the NovaRossi .61. I haven't got the mount yet so I'm not sure it is going to work, but it appears that it should. Just hang on to your mount for down. If the Dirty Birdy mount does not work I will be interested in it.
Sure wish this winter weather would get out of here. I'm anxious to get the Saturn back in the air.

Talk to you later,
Ralph
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
USA, TN, Knoxville
Joined Oct 2004
375 Posts
Ralph,

The email address I have keeps getting a rejected..Please PM a good email address.. thanks

Scott A
CPA
patternpilot1 is online now Find More Posts by patternpilot1
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:28 PM
Original AMA 5646
United States, IL, Neoga
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Hi Scott, My email address as changed. It is now rrwhite42@gmail.com
Ralph