HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hemel Hempstead
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
Help!
Dashboard mAh and recorded data disagree

I have Seagull Dashoard and FDR Pro 10.04.

At the end of flight 1, the Dashboard shows approx 1200mAh consumed and battery charger pumps in 1800mAh on charging

At end of flight 2, Dashboard shows 1800 mAh consumed and battery charger pumps in 2400mAh on charging

Downloaded the FDR file at home and charted the data and the Cummulative mAh figures for theses flights show 1800mAh and 2400mAh respectively, ie they are a good match for the actual figures on charging.

Why is the recorded data correct and the in-flight Dashbaord data so different?

Thanks

Malcolm
Flying_Flair is offline Find More Posts by Flying_Flair
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:24 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Bergen
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Flair View Post
I have Seagull Dashoard and FDR Pro 10.04.

At the end of flight 1, the Dashboard shows approx 1200mAh consumed and battery charger pumps in 1800mAh on charging

At end of flight 2, Dashboard shows 1800 mAh consumed and battery charger pumps in 2400mAh on charging

Downloaded the FDR file at home and charted the data and the Cummulative mAh figures for theses flights show 1800mAh and 2400mAh respectively, ie they are a good match for the actual figures on charging.

Why is the recorded data correct and the in-flight Dashbaord data so different?

Thanks

Malcolm
Hi,

The seagull system don't transfer the mAh, only voltage and current. So mAh (and watts) are calculated in the seagull receiver. So if the receiver loses some data packages, the mAh will be to low.
I have asked ET to include mAh in the data that is transferred, but they responded that it would be difficult to do because of one of the seagull system, I can't remember exactly why.
Megafluffy is offline Find More Posts by Megafluffy
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
Thanks Megafluffy,

Before posting my problem I searched the forum, and that was the answer that I found, however the postings were several years old and there was the view that a software upgrade was in progress. It seems it never happened.

So this problem and telemetry support only on US (900MHz) eLogger V4 it seems that I should look elsewhere as I start to add telemetry to my 20+ electric models(and many more on the drawing board)
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Flying_Flair, I would not have expected a discrepancy anywhere near that amt, as the dashboard does interpolate mAH if the packet loss is typical. Did you happen to notice the packet % on your dashboard?

Re non-900Mhz telemetry with the eLogger, that is not something we've had more than a couple of requests for. That's the reason we have not done it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
Thanks Bill,
I didn't notice the packet data, a helper had the dashboard and he noted that the display kept going off quite a lot, so I guess packet loss was high. I'll try relocating the tx module (2.4GHz) in the plane and have another go tomorrow.

re non-900MHz. When you announced the 900MHz eLogger, I just sat back and assumed the 2.4 GHz development would just naturally follow, maybe others are doing the same rather than posting a request for it.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
Sorry for the delay, but not had the chance to re-test until today.
With the Tx module re-sited on the plane to an optimum position clear of all possible sources of masking or interference there was no improvement. I'm getting a %packet of 25% - which obviously is not good enough to ensure accurate readings. I'm at a loss of how to improve this.

Flight distances are not great, I'd guess about 600ft max.

Any suggestions?
Malcolm
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Malcom,

That is indeed low range and poor packet percent. Can you confirm whether you selected "high power mode" when setting up your system? This is selected in the Seagull Setup Wizard, under the "advanced" menu of the software.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
Thanks Bill,
Yes just checked and it is set for 100mw output.
Having researched some of the older posts on this forum you suggested on them to change the sampling rate and then change it back to 10/sec. I've just done this and it looks like its improved the packet% significantly, I'm getting upto 70% around the house through several brick walls - figures I'd not had previously - but obviously I'll need to confirm this in the air on Sunday

Thanks

Malcolm