HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2014, 12:56 AM
Joined Oct 2005
556 Posts
Discussion
SkyHunter vs Hercules Wing

I have already done my homework going through the 2 specific SH and Hercules thread, but would any owner please tell me what would be a reasonable choice between those 2 for professional orthophotography, come rain or come shine ?

Until now, all others things being equal, the only advantage I can see toward the Hercules is a higher resistance to potential shocks. Stability, crosswinds resistance, lifting capacity ( 4x 5000 4s) seem to be the same for both models.

In that case the Hercules would be a winner for me as the only default for the SH seems to not cope so well with hard landings which may occur one day or another...

What is your experience ?
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib
Last edited by philgib; Jan 09, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2014, 03:17 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2011
534 Posts
I have only been flying the sky hunter for a short time and I flew the x8 for a year or so.
If I was in your position Id go with a wing type aircraft. Most of the professional orthography
systems I have seen have been wing type aircraft. I think you should make a list of what
capability you need and make your choice from there.
Artful Owl is online now Find More Posts by Artful Owl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2014, 06:27 AM
Joined Oct 2005
556 Posts
Thx.

I want something exactly like the Sky Hunter but rock solid :-)

Rocks can't fly, I know
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib