HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

ARRIS CM3000 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Plug And Play For The GoPro!

When Kopterworx gets behind a product, it’s usually a winner and that is exactly what happened here with the new ARRIS CM3000 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal!

Splash

Plug and Play 3-Axis Brushless Awesomeness for your GoPro!

For a while now the 2-Axis gimbal market has been flooded with plug and play 2 axis gimbals. A lot of these now work really well and have been producing some great shots. But now that people have experienced 3-Axis and seen the benefits of having the 3rd axis set to “Follow me” even a single operator can see dramatic improvements with a nice three axis rig. But most of the available 3-Axis gimbals needed a lot of work and tuning. But that is where Arris stepped in and pre-tuned a nice 3-Axis gimbal and have it all set up and ready to use!

From Arris:

For the past few months, we`ve been in the wave of 2-axis brushless gimbals, and surely it gave us a huge leap forward in stability and performance; however, it is far away from enough for professional aerial photographers. For those 2-axis gimbals, since the yaw axis is fixed, almose all of them had the same horizontal drift issues that could not be solved, even for DJI Zenmuse. The only effective way to solve this problem is to develop a 3-axis gimbal which has an extra yaw axis and fortunately we have had such an amazing 3-axis gimbal on sale now on the basis of ARRIS CM2000, that is CM3000. Comparing with ARRIS CM2000, it added two more modes "follow"and "head lock", which could offer more smooth and steady footage at the camera; however, if you want to use all the functions of ARRIS CM3000, you need to make sure there are 4 extra Channel on the Radio.

Someone said the extra yaw motor would increase total weight of the ARRIS CM3000 so as to decrease the flight time, yes, it might be true; however we think it is totally worth the loss in flight for such high quality videos.

Please Note:

1. Each brushless gimbal was strictly tested before shipped out, the parameter and instruction manual would be recorded on a disc and sent with the package.

2. The ARRIS CM3000 brushless gimbal is a new technology and an even newer product, we might make adjustments to have the products perform better, through either hardware improvements or software updates. As for these adjustments, Hobby-wing.com holds the final right to interpret.

3. The brushless gimbal controller is very sensitive to vibrations. So if props, engines, copter frame are not balanced or your copter is flexible, then it will cause bad reactions.

Feature of ARRIS CM3000:

• Simple structure with light weight.
  • Full carbon fiber frame.
  • 3 brushless motors directly drive.
  • With 8pcs anti-vibration damper absobers, easy to adjust
  • Compatible with Gopro3
  • Weight: 280g
  • Working voltage: 3S Lipo.

ARRIS CM3000 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal (4 min 24 sec)

ARRIS CM3000 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal (4 min 24 sec)

CM3000 Follow Yaw Explained (0 min 34 sec)

For more information check out: HobbyWing

Discussion

Old Dec 10, 2013, 04:16 PM
bacon and eggs
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined May 2013
1,049 Posts
snazzy
remvideo is offline Find More Posts by remvideo
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:08 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
pretty slick.....
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:23 PM
Joined Mar 2013
18 Posts
Cm3000

I am very happy with the.

Palacio de Aiete, reportajes de vídeo y fotografía de bodas (3 min 13 sec)
vision3 is offline Find More Posts by vision3
Old Jan 30, 2014, 03:10 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Hello,

I'm looking for the same kind of gimbal but for handheld shooting (with Gopro Hero 2). So basically the same electronics but with a different frame, one that can be held with one hand). Any idea about where I cand find that?

Thank you
G.
guix69 is offline Find More Posts by guix69
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:15 AM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
I'm VERY interested in purchasing the CM3000 but.....

Hi,

Looks almost too good to be true, and you know the old saying. I have a few questions before purchasing.

1 - You said it comes with a disc with instructions? I assume you mean DVD? First I'm on a mac and both my macs do not have a DVD drive. Do you provide software, updates, firmware, instructions via download? Or do I even need them?

2 - Does the gimbal need to be programmed by attaching it to a computer? If so can it be attached to a MAC? Do you have OSX software for updates etc...

3 - Im new to this and would need detailed instructions on how to hook this up to my Quadcopter with in my case is the 3DR Iris with Pixhawk flight controller. Do you have instructions for my situation?

Thanks!
coastinternet is offline Find More Posts by coastinternet