HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2004, 03:36 PM
Joined Mar 2003
192 Posts
Tampa, Orlando FLorida

hello all.. I am moving down to the Tampa area or Orlando area soon. The reason for the move is that I am sick of the cold up here in the northeast and need some better weather so i can fly year round. Are there any clubs or good fields in these areas that i need to check out?????

also on an off the air subject.. Anyone know anyone who is hiring.....I have a bachelors in Management and Masters in Ed. Technology, Looking for a career change and I am entertaining any offer.
67bigdog is offline Find More Posts by 67bigdog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2004, 09:52 PM
A Few Sandwiches Shy
Orlando, FL
Joined Jun 2001
1,961 Posts
Check out the Club Talk section.

We have about 50 of us here in Orlando and a bunch of guys are in Seminole county also.

Rob
RMason is offline Find More Posts by RMason
Old Jan 25, 2004, 10:19 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Re: Tampa, Orlando FLorida

Quote:
Originally posted by 67bigdog
hello all.. I am moving down to the Tampa area or Orlando area soon. The reason for the move is that I am sick of the cold up here in the northeast and need some better weather so i can fly year round. Are there any clubs or good fields in these areas that i need to check out?????
Don't know about Tampa, but there's no shortage of clubs in the central FL/ Orlando area. Here's a start-

www.rcworld.org -A primo flying site, membership made up mostly of retirees. Some nice, others a little on the grumpy side. If you're thin skinned, be forewarned!

www.rcacf.com -Another great site, with some great members and a growing electric membership. Watch out for that Jose guy, though

www.irks.org - A bit of a drive for some, but in my opinion the best club around. A diverse and super bunch of guys that host events ranging from indoor to giant scale warbird fly-ins. Home club to Dave Platt and Gary Wright, among others.

www.orlandobuzzards.org - The club I belong to. Just a bunch of weirdos flying sailplanes and electrics.

There's at least 4 more clubs around town that I can't remember the websites for. Also, I know of a few open areas where informal e-flyer "clubs" have sprung up. Like Rob said, check the Club Talk section.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Jan 26, 2004, 05:12 AM
Central Florida
Joined Oct 2001
419 Posts
There are also a few clubs in Sanford as well. I don't have the web sites but can get you in touch with someone if you need. I am in Longwood and we also have an impromptu club at the Dogtrack.

Drew
drewjet is offline Find More Posts by drewjet
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:56 AM
Riverview, FL
Joined Dec 2002
1,497 Posts
dont know if youre looking for AMA clubs or not - but for the biger and more formal clubs, check out the ama website and you can search for clubs there. Here in Tampa, there are a few decent clubs and a bunch of informal flying areas -- search for seminole crash fest in the clubs forum
nose_first is offline Find More Posts by nose_first
Old Dec 31, 2004, 09:59 PM
Joined Nov 2004
611 Posts
It was commented:

www.rcworld.org -A primo flying site, membership made up mostly of retirees. Some nice, others a little on the grumpy side. If you're thin skinned, be forewarned!

fyi-
Rcworld is under NEW Management- It's a fun place to fly- They are trying to clean up from hurricane damage and have alot of new ideas for the new year.
valentrd is offline Find More Posts by valentrd