HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Yea they are worth it if you don't already have LED's for orientation, a friend has one.

If you already have LED's for orientation, then you may want to flash them when the buzzer sounds.

To do this, I place a large value resistor (100K to 200K, this insures the FET stays on when buzzer is off) across the piezo terminals, then a low value resistor (1k to 2k) connects to the left piezo terminal (-) (on KK2.0) and to the N-FET gate. The FET source connects to battery ground (not on the KK2 board), and the FET drain connects to LED cathode (-), LED anode (+) connects to battery +.
Can you post a pic
jabu32 is offline Find More Posts by jabu32
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Yea they are worth it if you don't already have LED's for orientation, a friend has one.

If you already have LED's for orientation, then you may want to flash them when the buzzer sounds.

To do this, I place a large value resistor (100K to 200K, this insures the FET stays on when buzzer is off) across the piezo terminals, then a low value resistor (1k to 2k) connects to the left piezo terminal (-) (on KK2.0) and to the N-FET gate. The FET source connects to battery ground (not on the KK2 board), and the FET drain connects to LED cathode (-), LED anode (+) connects to battery +.
Thanks, think I will have a dabble!
jhkiom is offline Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Mar 2006
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
Can you post a pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
Thanks, think I will have a dabble!
I added a picture to my post, good luck.
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
714 Posts
Cheers for circuit diagram, no excuses now for a little bit of bling!
jhkiom is offline Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Today, 01:20 AM
Australia, NSW, Lidcombe
Joined Sep 2013
8 Posts
[QUOTE=--Oz--;28969352]Some people love the NTM (me too) and some hate them. Just oil them every 6 to 10 runs and replace the $1 bearing (avidrc.com) when necessary. What you are seeing is the ESC causing the resistance, this is normal, do not worry about it. For example, spin your props with your hand, then power up your quad (still in safe mode), then spin your props again by hand, now power down your quad and spin props again, resistance, it comes from the the FET's gate still has a charge on them, after ~5 minutes, it will go back to normal.
QUOTE]

Hi Oz,

What size bearings do you need for the NTM 28-30's? I need to get some a couple of motors that I have.

Thanks
guy472 is online now Find More Posts by guy472