HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2009, 05:10 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Discussion
Speed & Altitude ladders

Hi all I have just fitted my Eagletree system to my Trex 450 se v2 with e-logger 3 ,pro osd and gps. I have set it up via laptop but as yet havent fired it up via goggles or groundstation screen. On the set up page for positioning and choosing what is to be displayed with air speed and altitude and battery pack voltage and course direction and home arrow ect ,ect ,what do the two ladders for speed and altitude come under to display them. Do they display automaticly?
Regards Liam.
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:53 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2009
373 Posts
connect your logger with usb cable, open the data logging sofware and press control v.
the menu configuration will come up. go through all menu items in the drop down.
AeroM'ck'y is offline Find More Posts by AeroM'ck'y
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:43 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Cheers AeroM'ck'y for helping.
Regards Liam.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:56 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Hi ive uploaded the screen picture from eagletree and just to clarify that ive got this right to set up ladders as im still waiting for my tx to be returned from menders lols ,so I cant check at the moment to see if ive got it working yet. I cant find ladders in the "select feature to display" but at the bottom of the screen it reads "configure on screen parameters" In this there is a place to set osd display for ladders. Is this where you ment?
Regards Liam.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 08:51 AM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Hi Liam,

Yes, the Speed and Alt ladders is in the "Configure On-Screen Params) section.

Also, you dont need to display the AlG and SpG on screen for the ladders to work. In effect, you will be showing this data twice, as numericals as well as in the ladders. this means you are also adding clutter to the screen, unless you chose it for a reason off course
cvandenb is offline Find More Posts by cvandenb
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:54 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Thanks for feedback wouldanyof you guys mind showing a page like the one I posted above to show what you have and positions of things.
Regards Liam.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:05 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Also I read that the altitude is above sea level I think, I may be wrong lols. Do I need the seperate altitude sensor to get proper altitude on the ladders to work from my position and work as zero hieght from where I take of from instead of showing above sea level hieght which for example would mean Id have a reading of 200 feet but I would have to remember this hieght for landing. With the other altitude sensor I take would show zero when I take of where ever I am. I have the gps expander.
Regards Liam.