HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Help!
Before I go insane due to WOWHOBBIES

I don't know if wowhobbies reads these forums, but I have seen that numerous people on this forum have complained or have been through similar ordeals as myself.

My story....
I bought a UFO MX400 a month ago and have been dealing with wow to try to get it off the ground. Initially it took several weeks just to receive the item, then when I did, one of the motors had a stutter. I contacted wow immediately to advise them that what they sent wasn't working. No response for a few days.

They said they had not received several of my emails...must've gone to spam or elsewhere. Following that response, I received responses back and forth, days in between without any response. Wow insisted that it's the esc after many emails and two weeks later finally decided to mail me another (they said they were waiting for my response on whether I wanted a new esc or not..which again, the emails back to them with my reply of YES, must of went to spam or their trash box. 4 days later I receive a "new" esc in a envelope in a sandwich bag wrapped with what almost resembled a paper towel
Did they really think this was going to resolve the issue..sending me what appears to be a used esc, in a sandwich back and envelop shipped usps?
Now instead of one motor twitching and stuttering I have two motors stuttering.

I have written to wow yet again to fix this issue immediately or to refund me my money. Awaiting a response, and I'm sure it'll be another six forevers before I hear back. I type this to you as a warning moreso then anything. And for those of you whom have gone through similar ordeals, I feel your pain and should've heeded your advise. Nevertheless, I'm more then tempted to get a class action law suit on these people. They have my money and many others like myself whom Im sure, it gets to a point where the customer just finally gives up and wow is left with what..your money and less useless items in their warehouse.

I also say this because perhaps wow could learn from companies like apple, who sell the ipad for close to what they sell the mx... apple has there share of irate customers I'm sure. However, I remember the apple prior to Jobs passing whom believed that customer service and satisfaction ment everything. A happy customer was a returning customer. In these economic times, it's difficult to scrounge up a few bucks to have some fun. It's not only considered bait and switch / theft presented by a company such as wow to do what they do, but also, is added frustration to those like myself whom take that time to figure out a way to scrounge up the money to get this only to have a paper weight. If this is what they advertised, a paper weight costing $400 or more) then I would say I'm the sucker. And perhaps I am the sucker that didn't read the "fine print" or the fact that they refer people to this forum for "tech support".

If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with these people, please suggest... I really can't do this anymore. I'm ready to contact our family lawyer and let them take care of it..which I believe, once I point them in the direction of this forum..they may have a field day shutting that company down with a class action suit.
code74 is offline Find More Posts by code74
Last edited by code74; Aug 16, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
A lawsuit is the answer ?

Never ceases to amaze how many people threaten a lawsuit and think this is the way to solve their problems. It's doubtful they have any idea how long, and tedious, and expensive the proposition is, but it probably feels like it's a good thing to say. And class action, very very difficult to get certified.

The op's time frames don't really add up. it looks like they ordered something, got it, flew it, complained about it, then got a replacement receiver in the span of 30 days. That doesn't sound like horrible service.

I saw on the other thread you posted on the vendor responded repeatedly, although didn't appear to appease most.

Rather than threatening a lawsuit/class action that would never happen, or go "insane", why not file a PP dispute or just issue a chargeback?

Local hobby shops may be better to deal with if possible, that way you can deal with them face to face.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Porcia,
First off it pays to have friends that are lawyers willing to help in instances such as these. However, like you said I know it's a long drawn out process. So I'll thank you for your advice as I went ahead and filed a dispute in the meantime. We'll see how that goes.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:02 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Even friends who are lawyers wouldn't go anywhere near what you have described, doesn't sound like a pattern or practice of bad faith behavior.

That being said, when it comes to my money and a problem, I want it back as soon as possible. If I'm not heard the first time, I go to PP, Visa, or Amex to do my talkin! They haven't failed me yet.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Have been dealing with wow and the cc company on this issue now nearing 2months. Have also contacted my lawyer on the matter. The longest wait I've ever gone through for a simply remedied issue (aka. You sold me junk give me my money back...done). Sad that such a company as wow has a nice place when you google helicopters as slot one/two in search. All the easier for them to market into taking other people's money blindly. Lesson learned.....