HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:36 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Yep here you go. For some reason, it did that over time. It wasn't like that the first time i built it.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:35 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Yep here you go. For some reason, it did that over time. It wasn't like that the first time i built it.
That may be the problem , especially the drooping in the side view photo where it looks like ( starting at the nose ) it arches up and then down going towards the back . That would be like the whole back of the wing is down elevator . Maybe the hot weather caused that .
Try storing it overnight ( or a few days ) suspended between two chairs with just the tips of the wings on the chairs . Maybe the weight of the fuselage with all the electronics ( including battery ) will bend the wings back up . You might be able to speed it up with hot air from a blow dryer .
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay thanks i will try that tomorrow with the blow dryer. Man, if that doesn't come out, im going to be quite mad...
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:31 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,540 Posts
gonna be a dumb question...but by "Dollar Tree Foam", do you mean foam purchased at Dollar Tree ?

i've just gootten into the Foamie stuff
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
gonna be a dumb question...but by "Dollar Tree Foam", do you mean foam purchased at Dollar Tree ?

i've just gootten into the Foamie stuff
Yes , 20" x 30" foamboard .
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
well i tried and it didnt work...wings gone?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,726 Posts
Quote:
well i tried and it didnt work...wings gone?
Are you up for building a new airframe ? If so , see if you can get a metal yardstick to help you keep those cuts straight . And be sure to put in dihedral , you want your wings going UP , not down .
I'm about to build another one , and I'll post photos of every step of the build .
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joe_Crash
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Oct 2010
447 Posts
Hovercraft? What hovercraft are you talking about? They have piqued my interest; it might be a fun thing to run on the street/driveway/lawn.
joe_crash is offline Find More Posts by joe_crash
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crash View Post
Hovercraft? What hovercraft are you talking about? They have piqued my interest; it might be a fun thing to run on the street/driveway/lawn.
Here you go http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619583
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
Are you up for building a new airframe ? If so , see if you can get a metal yardstick to help you keep those cuts straight . And be sure to put in dihedral , you want your wings going UP , not down .
I'm about to build another one , and I'll post photos of every step of the build .
Well no, i think im just going to use the electronics in a kit. I mean this looks like an awesome plane to build, but i just don't know...sorry.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,726 Posts
Quote:
Well no, i think im just going to use the electronics in a kit. I mean this looks like an awesome plane to build, but i just don't know...sorry.
No problem . Those electronics would be a good fit on a SlowStick , only $ 26 ( I'm sure your LHS will have one ) and a great flyer . I have LED lights on mine for night flying . If you do get one , make sure you secure the servo tray so it can't slide back or forward ( or your rudder and elevator will keep going out of trim ) , and put some down thrust in the motor ( or it will nose up with increased throttle ) . And get yourself a prop saver for that motor ( and cut off the motor shaft sticking out in front of the prop saver ) .
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Cool thanks! That slow stick looks awesome! I think i will get that. Where did you get the lights? They look amazing!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
20 years on the Internet
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
898 Posts
ElectricRC68

Your missing out on a really great easy to build plane here. This is the only plane I have found so far that a new person can fly in winds. I have around 3 months or so in the sport and had no issues flying it in 10-15 mph winds. Landing was cake too.

If you look at my build I took the paper off the foam board with a little windex. I cut the pieces. I then tape the pieces with heavy duty scotch packing tape. I exclude tape on the areas that get glue ( Hot Glue ). This makes them strong enough to fly without support rods ( No Sag ).

Harbor freight has a 40" metal ruler for $2.99. This will help greatly in making straight cuts.

If you wreck an arf kit your out some $$$. If you wreck the Super Easy your out 2 sheets of foam, glue and tape.

Good Luck
Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
20 years on the Internet
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
898 Posts
Al

I have some smaller motors coming in and will try making a small version in the next week or 2. I also have plans for a full size elevon model. I played around with a FireFly a while back that had Elevons and it was a lot of fun but it kept eating props.

I would post this plane in all those " plane for a beginner in winds" threads. It really is perfect for a beginner on a windy day. I was out this morning flying NutBalls with my son in law when the winds shut us down. Out came the Super easy and the fun continued.

Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,726 Posts
Quote:
Cool thanks! That slow stick looks awesome! I think i will get that. Where did you get the lights? They look amazing!
Got the lights at Hobbypartz , I plug them in to a separate 800mah 3cell mounted under the wing .
Flying at night is a lot of fun , and people always stop by and tell us they thought it was a UFO !
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ledlights.html ( scroll down past the car LED's )

Night Flyers (Singapore Night Flyers, Clarke Quay) (3 min 2 sec)