HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2010, 12:34 AM
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
901 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing website speed - super slow!

Is anyone out there having problems with the HobbyKing website; slow speed, timeouts etc.
Maybe it is my connection or the rain we are having at the moment, which always seems to cause problems.
It's just annoying!
Tommygunn is offline Find More Posts by Tommygunn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but it's ridiculous. I just bought something from them and their shopping cart was buggered badly. I went ahead with the purchase only because of an awesome price on the item I was purchasing. Anyway, I figure bumping this might get the topic some attention. I'm guessing that the vendor knows how bad their site is and they simply don't care. From what I can tell it doesn't hurt their business and a bigger pipe to the web costs a fair amount of money. That said if I find a product on their site and somebody else's I will buy it on the other site if the price is close.
bodhisagan is offline Find More Posts by bodhisagan
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:31 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,181 Posts
I only go with 4 USA places, because of all the problems with others.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:43 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
I have honestly never had a problem with checking out. I have had their site running a bit slow (cyber monday) but thats it. What browser are you running? They just upgraded their servers a bit ago according to their twitter page. Glad your order at least went through!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
The shopping cart is pretty messed up in my experience. I updated the amount of one item, and once refreshed I had an item in my cart that was completely unrelated to my order. Almost as if another user went to start an order and it went into my cart. The item was only a few bucks, but imagine paying for something that you had no interest in buying.
RxFPV is offline Find More Posts by RxFPV
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
It always seems slow when I look around there. I also noticed some other strange bugs in their system. I tried to post a review on something I bought there. I wasn't happy with the product so I only gave it a One crown rating but the review would not post. I tried it several times but no luck. Then I changed it to Five crowns and amazingly it posted. Must be a software bug.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:14 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxFPV View Post
The shopping cart is pretty messed up in my experience. I updated the amount of one item, and once refreshed I had an item in my cart that was completely unrelated to my order. Almost as if another user went to start an order and it went into my cart. The item was only a few bucks, but imagine paying for something that you had no interest in buying.
I had this happen once. Went to check out and somehow there was a $99 RTF micro heli in my cart??? I had never even been looking at micro helis, and certainly had not clicked on anything to buy one. I was shopping in the lipo section, knew exactly what I needed and was in and out in less than 5 minutes with four 6 cell packs.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted