HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:09 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
dxi6 mix help

need so help please on programing my dxi6. i am flying a hb super cup with
ailerons. going into turns the nose dives down. I beleive this is where mix 1
and mix 2 will come into play. can someone help me set up my dxi6 setting to help correct the nose diving in turns
thanks in advance
anderbud is offline Find More Posts by anderbud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2015, 04:49 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,480 Posts
The problem is due to you not adding up elevator when you bank into a turn.
As you turn you need to add up elevator to keep the nose up.

Umm, a mix can be done. You would set ailerons as the master, and elevator as the slave in your mix. Either mix 1 or 2. You will have to fly it to figure out how much elevator you need to mix in. And you should set your mix to a switch so you can turn it on and off.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Jan 17, 2015, 07:29 AM
doha Qatar
Joined Jan 2004
537 Posts
I've been switching from a DX6i to a DX6 and had not set up a mix on the DX6i. So I gave it a try on my UMX P40. It looked like it worked.

1)Turn on TX, select model, select MIX 1

2) You may find it useful to refer to page 17 of your DX6i manual as it shows the programming screen for MIX 1

3) "Master Channel (item A) is noted at top left. This is the one which you are controlling, in your case this is aileron. The screen comes up showing THRO for throttle; highlight this and click on the wheel; then scroll until you get to AIL

4) "Slave Channel (item c) is noted at top right. This is the control surface that you are wanting to link to the primary; in your case this is elevator. The screen initially comes up showing AILE; highlight this, scroll to ELE, select that

5) I believe the next option, middle left, is RATE, and you don't select that it appears to be automatic depending on another selection you've already made. More experienced people chime in as appropriate

6) This next step actually starts being important. This is option H, and is the middle right item. It is called "Down (or Left) option.

This is really important as otherwise, it's going to do opposite of what you want it to do

The manual says "DOWN or LEFT", and I think this depends on what you've selected as the master channel. I believe this controls what the elevator does when you are making a left turn. I found that you need a POSITIVE number for this option, in order for the elevator to go up when you turn left. Start with a small amount

7) Next option, item G in the manual, is "U or R"; I don't know what U or R means, but the manual says that U is for ELEV, so make sure this is U

8) Next option, middle row, far right on the screen, is given as E in manual. This is "UP or RIGHT". This is similar to "DOWN or LEFT", except this is what the elevator will do when you want to turn right. I found that you need a NEGATIVE value for this option, to make the elevator go up!!!! Not what I expected...

9) Bottom row, left, option J: "Switch Option". You can have it ON, all the time. But it's better to put it on the MIX switch so that you can turn this on and off. Select Switch option ON by highlighting SW, scrolling to MIX.

More knowledgeable people will chime in I am sure

NOTE: First time I tried this, I used positive values for both Down/Left and Up/Right, and elevator did not act the way it should. So test test test and make sure it is doing what you want it to do, on ground before throwing it into the air!!

Good luck and have fun.

Regards
Joe Perrone is offline Find More Posts by Joe Perrone
Last edited by Joe Perrone; Jan 17, 2015 at 07:40 AM.