SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2015, 06:34 PM
I was 1eyed But I fixed that
Central Coast NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2007
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyforfunnow View Post
i have been looking for a gizmo for a long time now if any one has one that is for
sale and is cheep i might be interested
Good luck with that.

Best be contacting Tim.

Second hand are very.
HUMPHREY1957 is online now Find More Posts by HUMPHREY1957
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 08:50 AM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
1,141 Posts
+1 ^^

Gizmo's are rare hand crafted flying artwork. If anyone was lucky enough to get one, I doubt anyone will give theirs up. Maybe in a couple of years? If you did find one, I am sure they would not sell it cheap unless it was crashed pretty bad.
Diceman89 is offline Find More Posts by Diceman89
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Got a Gizmo!!!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:11 AM
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Feb 2007
279 Posts
Considering my wait was close to 18 months for my Gizmo to arrive, anyone trying to get my to part with my little treasure would need to be expecting the price to be in the low 5 figure range ($USD of course, and after it's maiden).

But with little suitable breeze coming in SoCal this winter and the maiden postponed until there is...well low 5 figures is highly optimistic with mid 5 figures more realistic at this point.

I don't see cheap happening, but good luck on your search.

Cheers,

Steve
shipwreck5 is offline Find More Posts by shipwreck5
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:42 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck View Post
Looks perfect as I though. Due to your being from a different mould
Just need to adjust the push rod hole angle to suit what ever servo application you use.
The line that I mark gives you guide to where it needs to be. As in distance forward and after. The angle my change due to servo set up. A deeper servo's like mks or kst etc wont go quite as far thus needing a slightly angle hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmo View Post
Maybe set the control horns at right angles to the hinge line, then the pushrods can be angled towards the centre line rather than parallel with it? I think that would have helped my install.
Quote:
Yep.
Horn 90' , servo's 90' , with rod has a slight S shape to it.
OK, good stuff guys - I will stick with the FrSky D25SAs and get on with my build as soon as I have liberated my Dremel from a hostage taker known as my Dad...!
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:46 AM
377 beeatch!
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jan 2010
3,712 Posts
I have a gizmo to sell, but its in kit form. Contains 1000 pieces, no instructions included
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:36 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Alphen aan den Rijn
Joined Dec 2007
78 Posts
How muts your asking Josh18?
vw4style is offline Find More Posts by vw4style
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:48 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2010
112 Posts
Wow!!

So, it's happened, a UK maiden at last A window in the weather provided us with ideal conditions - 30mph blowing up our SW slope and 10deg temps! Chucked the Burner off first to make sure the lift was OK and it was. Then off went the Gizmo, straight and true. As soon as the speed built up, which didn't take but a few seconds, I had to start feeding in down trim.....rather a lot or so I thought. Anyway she was soon cutting around the sky at a blistering pace and felt very smooth and controllable. I didn't have the ele rates on at first and had a hyperstall moment; once the rates were clicked in everything was fine.
Once I felt confident and the big grin switch was fully on I really got into tearing up the sky - inverted was a doddle needing very little push on the stick to maintain altitude (this was with the CG on Tim's line, spot on). This sounds daft but I was having so much fun I had to land before I made any silly mistakes and just reflect on a perfect flight.
Checking the elevons they were at 1mm negative reflex, just as they're supposed to be. What a great little plane Tim - well worth the wait. I couldn't get another flight as the wind had increased and was gusting to 60mph...roll on the next time!
Definitely no second hand Gizmos here I'm afraid.
willmo is offline Find More Posts by willmo
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:17 PM
Gizologist
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,745 Posts
Great news will , perfect conditions for a maiden , although 60mph would have been epic fun , smart move giving it a miss until you get really used to landing the little hot shot. It's 5am here and no better start to the day than getting news like this that brings a smile to my day , makes all the hours worth while.
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More colours
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:18 PM
Gizologist
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
I have a gizmo to sell, but its in kit form. Contains 1000 pieces, no instructions included
Gizcarno ?? .

I'd be embarrassed to think how many I've killed . A lot , but all down to product testing
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:28 PM
Gizologist
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw4style View Post
How muts your asking Josh18?
You don't want it. . After josh put it through a tree DSing at 100+ mph it went into surgery and after a few bottles of CA and epoxy and a new paint job it flew again. Which I was totally impress with great job Then in a furball ds session at cactus with 6 other gizmo's it went in on the bottom turn at about 120mph.....last time I sore it was really feeling pain... RIP
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:03 PM
Building with TLAR precision
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,892 Posts
Quote:
After josh put it through a tree DSing at 100+ mph it went into surgery and after a few bottles of CA and epoxy and a new paint job it flew again. Which I was totally impress with great job
Hmmm... I wonder if I can turn this into a Gizmo with a few bottles of CA?

-= Dave
Zenmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:37 PM
Gizologist
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,745 Posts
Haha. Holy crap Dave And yes , send it to josh or Asto they would get it going agin
Btw what is... Um... What was it ??
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 05:56 PM
Building with TLAR precision
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,892 Posts
Quote:
Haha. Holy crap Dave And yes , send it to josh or Asto they would get it going agin
Btw what is... Um... What was it ??
It was my first home-brew composite plane, a Sally (a-la thePasty).

Searched for many hours in the corn -- probably was stuck high in a stalk and not on the ground. The corn was so dry, couldn't even hear the lost model alarm -- it sounded like a freight train in the wind.

I just hope no one found any chunks of fiberglass in their milk after the pieces I didn't find were fed to the cows!

-= Dave
Zenmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:11 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyforfunnow View Post
i have been looking for a gizmo for a long time now if any one has one that is for
sale and is cheep i might be interested
You can have mine for
1 million dollars (0 min 5 sec)
gizzo is online now Find More Posts by gizzo
Old Feb 19, 2015, 02:33 AM
Mugi Driver
near Lithgow, NSW, AU
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Aw come on Giz, even you would knock back that price!
Browny is online now Find More Posts by Browny
Last edited by Browny; Feb 19, 2015 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Spelling