HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2009, 09:50 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
billpa,

For folks that use 2-position switches for aux1 and aux2, my suggestion would be to have the main menu selectable (entered) and scrollable by a single movement of the aux1 switch (i.e. either up or down). So essentially if the osdpro detects the signal level and/or direction has changed, then turn on the main menu. From that point the main menu(s) could be scrollable by also detecting a single movement of the aux1 switch. This would prevent us wearing out our switches just to turn the osd on and scroll through the high-level menus. Once the sub-menus are entered, then the aux1 switch could work as it does now (up or down) to change a value, then the aux2 switch could continue to work as it does now to confirm acceptance of that specific setting. I don't know about other people's experiences, but I don't think the aux2 switch gets flicked up/down nearly as often as the aux1, since aux2 is primarily like clicking "OK" on your pc. This approach might also partially (or completely) resolve the issue pointed out above regarding the use of buttons, since buttons are basically on/off much like the movement of 2-position switch when moved in a single direction.
Just my 2-cents.
Regards,
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:45 AM
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Joined Dec 2001
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
EddieWeeks, thanks for posting the video. I'm still puzzled about your compass. Did you get a chance to try the on-screen menus and the other suggestions I sent you?
Bill, for Eagle Tree
Yes.. I was running 7.51 the whole time...

I am simply not able to spare two channels... I don't need to change anything
while I am flying...

I did change the update rate from 2 per sec to 10/sec... This fixed the
mah as it was off by a factor of 5, but I cant' log my 40 min flights because it runs out of memory..

Temp B and the compass wheel still do not work..

Eddie
EddieWeeks is offline Find More Posts by EddieWeeks
Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:15 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Ok, the RTH is now updated with (hopefully) much simpler and intuitive tuning parameters. This is in version 7.57, located here:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...beta/setup.exe

The manual is updated, describing the new RTH menu items. That's located here:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...als/OSDPro.pdf

Please give it a try!

All, regarding menu controls, one thing to note is that menu selection advances when transitioning from low to high switch setting, and also advance from high to low switch setting.

_Spud_, with the above in mind, if you switch from position 1 to position 3 with your 3 position switch, you should advance you one line in the menu. Likewise, going from position 3 to position 1 should advance you. Don't stop on position 2. Yes, please let me know what your servo does when connected to the evo button.

ob1, thanks for the suggestion. I need to digest your suggestion more thoroughly, but I think it sounds good. Anything we can do to make the menus more easily accessible is a good thing!

EddieWeeks, I am not sure what will happen if you NEVER enter the on-screen menus. It should work in theory. can you confirm that you have never hooked them up? Note that only one servo channel needs to be dedicated to the OSD pro to use menus in-air. The other can be shared with pan, or any other sharable channel. There's a big section describing this in the manual.

Temp B was defintiely fixed in 7.51, so I don't know what is going on there. What I would suggest is to install 7.57 (above), update the firmware, and do a "factory reset" under the OSD setup page in the application. That will ensure that everything is factory reset.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:06 AM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
All, regarding menu controls, one thing to note is that menu selection advances when transitioning from low to high switch setting, and also advance from high to low switch setting.

_Spud_, with the above in mind, if you switch from position 1 to position 3 with your 3 position switch, you should advance you one line in the menu. Likewise, going from position 3 to position 1 should advance you. Don't stop on position 2. Yes, please let me know what your servo does when connected to the evo button.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

Ok Bill, I got it. Thanx for the clarification. I wasn't understanding properly and I didn't explain properly.

The momentary button goes from low to high only while the button is depressed. When you release the button, it goes back to low. Thus 2 actions and two steps through the menu.

I was doing press/release and expecting 1 step.

So for lines 1,3,5,7,9, my aux1 (up/down) button must be up when I press/release aux2 (select) button.

For lines 2,4,6,8, my aux1 (up/down) button must be held down when I press/release my aux2 (select) button.

The fact that the aux2 (select) button is being pressed/released (going from low to high and back to low) (2 actions) doesn't seem to bother it.

OK on to the next issue I'm having.

I'm getting some terrible feedback in the audio AND the video during voice alerts but ONLY during voice alerts. Enough static in the audio that I can barely make out the alert and I'm getting lines in the video at the same time. I could also very faintly hear the vario in the background when voice alerts is not speaking.

vario muted
vario volume at minimum
voice alerts on
voice alerts volume @ 5
external audio on
external audio volume @ 5

I also tried it with the mic unplugged and external audio muted.

Components separated and moved around.
No motor or running.
One servo attached.

Below is a picture of my wiring.
_Spud_ is offline Find More Posts by _Spud_
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
Electric Addict
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,170 Posts
I noticed the same thing, but if you turn down the volume to 1 it sounds fine... I think we are just clipping the audio input buffers on the Tx....
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:16 AM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
HEY! That make sense.

Thanx, I'll try that.

Spud.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:13 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Jun 2005
84 Posts
I also noticed distortion on the audio, even at level 1. It's acceptable, but still distorted. I'm using a standard Lawmate 1W TX.

rimb05
rimb05 is offline Find More Posts by rimb05
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:17 AM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
I noticed the same thing, but if you turn down the volume to 1 it sounds fine... I think we are just clipping the audio input buffers on the Tx....
That hepled the lines in the video but not the static/feedback in the audio.
I'll try a different VideoTX when I get a chance.

*edit* I think it's a TX thing. I noticed that when I first power everything up, the static/feedback behind the vioce is much reduced. As the TX warms up, it gets steadily worse.

Thanx again.

Spud
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:17 AM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimb05
I'm using a standard Lawmate 1W TX.

rimb05
Me too.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 06:06 PM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
Yep! Video Tx/Rx was the problem.

I tested it with no TX/RX, directly from A/V out on the OSD into my TV.

Audio sounded fine. No backround noise.

Sorry to take up so much space for something I should have figured out on my own. Thanx for the help.

Something else I came across that I found odd. It's not a problem ( for me anyway), just odd.

If I power up the Logger/OSD with just my flight battery (2s) and the camera with a separate 3s lipo,,,,,, no ESC,motor or control RX, the Logger and OSD power up and the screen displays a message saying no RX detected. (this is what I figure should happen)

If I do the exact same thing with the GPS plugged in to the Logger, the logger powers up ( I can see the light flashing) but the OSD does not display anything on screen.

Hehe, it scared me. I thought something died.

Add back the ESC and control RX and everything was fine.

Cheers,
Spud.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 03:27 AM
Israel
Joined Jun 2008
239 Posts
please help.

please help.

Just Get my OSD pro and connect all.

wan i connect the battery everything is working
the video, the servos, the motor. But not the OSD

wan I connect the USB cable it say that the OSD
not connected .
motiganot is offline Find More Posts by motiganot
Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:36 PM
dx4life
Wichita KS
Joined Nov 2004
327 Posts
Well my Easystar smoked the motor and esc this weekend so I picked up a Stryker to try out. First vid

Eagle Tree OSD Pro 7.57 FPV Stryker (5 min 34 sec)
BrainDrain_dx is offline Find More Posts by BrainDrain_dx
Last edited by BrainDrain_dx; Jun 15, 2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:50 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
Bill, Any idea if the RTH feature can be configured to work with a tri-copter? It is basically the same controls as a fixed pitch heli. I have come to the conclusion that I want to put my FPV gear on my tri-copter instead of my easystar as I want to be able to fly much slower/linger in one place and not have to worry about takeoff/landing areas.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:24 PM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
2 Bill (ET)

Can you tell us about developing new super AHI sensors using another technology instead of infrared e.t.c. ? It was announced some posts ago....
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Jun 16, 2009, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Software version 7.61 has just been posted, with the following feature updates:

1) The AUX2 input can now be used to toggle the display on and off. There's a setting in the "display config" on-screen menu to enable this.

2) Crosshairs can now be turned off. Ditto above.

3) Additional enhancments to RTH algorithm (thanks to Reckless Bill for all the feedback/help with this!).

4) A bug with RADAR "up" angle is fixed.

The manual has been update to reflect these changes:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...als/OSDPro.pdf

_Spud_, thanks for the info on the switches. I was afraid of that. There is a workaround, but I'm not sure if you will like it. If you can keep the button depressed, then use aux2 as you normally would, you will be able to select the even menu items. I don't know if that's practical for you, though?

Re the noise noise in the audio due to the 1W TX, I am going to try to reproduce that here. It's probably just saturating the audio amp input. There may be a way to filter that out. It will probably require adding a component to one of the OSD Pro input pins, but perhaps this is not too big of a deal.

The power-on issue you describe sounds like a startup timing issue. Glad it doesn't happen in a "real world" scenario for you. I will look into that also.

motiganot, did you get your issue resolved? If not, pls email me at support2@eagletreesystems.com.

BrainDrain_dx, that video makes me dizzy!

techspy, I think tricopter RTH will require quite a bit of firmware updates, but I'm not positive. If you get a chance, could you read thru the RTH description and tuning procedure in the OSD Pro manual? Let me know what you think.

RCWingFlyer, I'd like to support a 5DOF for this purpose. They are coming down considerably in price. But we will finish the themopile sensors first.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor