HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:25 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcityskier View Post
Actually, there is a band around the fuselage, just forward of the flap split line. Look at the first few seconds of the video on post #442. It is very subtle, though. The Chinese model makers just overstated it, by a lot.
This particular video I posted is one that has been in the rebuild for many years and was finally turned over to a company in Victoria , BC , Canada to continue with the rebuild. It is being rebuilt to flying status not just a static model for a museum. Possibility the reinforced section on the fuse may be required by Transport Canada as it will be a flying aircraft and any day soon. Tried to get a look last week when I was in Victoria but the hanger is under full security and NO VISITORS by order of the owner who lives in Vancouver, BC. I am hoping that it may available for display at Abbotsford Airshow this summer or better yet ... flying display. A comment by the people rebuilding it was " it will be ready for flying when the paperwork is as heavy as the aircraft " ! This aircraft is made out of bits and pieces of other aircraft so in a way is a kind of a " one of many".

Not all Mosquitos were the same and this one is the one and only one I have seen with a slight ridge that runs across the top. On some, reinforcements ran horizontally behind the rear part of the wing. Plus lots did not have the clear nose at all depending what the primary use was for.

Somewhere earlier in this forum I posted a B&W picture of the model that the Chinese modeled it after and it definitely does not have any ridge. Something the Chinese added but for what reason... who knows. The design was such that the initial fuse was built as a left and right half and joined at the top and bottom. Wasn't the first WWll era aircraft built with wood but the first and only fighter bomber that I am aware of.
stegl is offline Find More Posts by stegl
Last edited by stegl; Apr 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts