HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2004, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
has anyone succesfully used illuminescent

glow in the dark paint on their foam planes??..doesnt seem to be many threads about this subject..which would lead me to believe these paints dont work at all..or are not good enuff for any length of time for night flying...if anyone has used these paints with success..please tell me what brand/color paint you used
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:56 AM
Joined Aug 2004
329 Posts
Ive expermentated with GLOW PAINTS with out any success. In my opinion, LED's, lights are the only answer to night RC flight..........
just_steve51 is offline Find More Posts by just_steve51
Old Dec 28, 2004, 04:37 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Nov 2004
273 Posts
I used some glow sticks, cem-lights, last night. Work realy well. It added some weight to it though but still flew.
ol boy is offline Find More Posts by ol boy
Old Dec 28, 2004, 07:00 AM
Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
3,917 Posts
Remember you also need to see the plane when it is some distance away. The other day I flew with both superbright LEDs and some less bright LEDs. At about 100m I could still see the superbight ones very well, but could hardly see the normal ones. So I can't imagine illuminiscent paint to be visible anywhere else than in in darkend indoor meeting.... Other advantage of LED's: just put together a couple of lighting 'harnesses' and tape them to the outside of the plane for night flying. Take them off again for day flying or if you want to use a different model at night.
Arthur P. is offline Find More Posts by Arthur P.