RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig T-Clips
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2014, 02:59 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Got my T-clips unboxed & inspected today, other than a little bit of loose and wrinkeled covering, it was in great shape! Ironed out with no problems looks perfect now. as I can tell so far, compared to other ARF's I've put together in the past, Sig has done a great job with this one! well packed and really nice hardware, instruction manual looks well written. looking forward to getting started on this one! wished someone else would get excited about this plane and talk about it! I feel like I'm the only one out there now! Is this thread still alive??
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:36 PM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Apr 2013
191 Posts
Thread still alive. I enjoy my T-Clips and I believe I have her balanced well. Landings still trouble, but I continue to practice. Let us know how yours flies.
Capt Ed is offline Find More Posts by Capt Ed
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Ed View Post
Thread still alive. I enjoy my T-Clips and I believe I have her balanced well. Landings still trouble, but I continue to practice. Let us know how yours flies.
Will do! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of landing issues are you having? from what I've seen in the rare few vids is bouncing?? other than that it seems to come in nice & smooth..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2014, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Another question I have is it seems my 60amp ESC will not fit crossways behind the firewall?

was trying to come up with a good way to mount it. and a good way to route throttle wire from esc to Rx and not hender the battery tray? if anyone could post pics of your electronics config I would be thankful.

All I did today is iron covering & fit servos in wing halves. back to work tomorrow. I'll get back on it next weekend
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:02 PM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,612 Posts
I've been sick with some kinda cold bug or sinus infection for it seems for a month. Got over it and picked up another immediately. I think I've been flying once in the last 6 weeks...seems like twice that. I need to get video shot so I can finish my review...sorry Mike

Guys, if you're bouncing on landings, you're prob not bleeding off enough airspeed before touchdown...it will land slower than you think!
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2014, 01:49 PM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Apr 2013
191 Posts
I've tried everything I know to land smoothly and nothing works. Slow, with power, without power, you name it. Low bounce tires, regular tires, lite tires, etc. Landing gear canted forward, rearward, in the middle. It still bounces 5 out of 6 times. If there weren't other reports reporting the same thing, I'd say it's just me. I realize it is just me in that if I want good landings, I've got to figure out how.

Any other suggestions?
Capt Ed is offline Find More Posts by Capt Ed
Old Jan 06, 2014, 02:59 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Ed View Post
Any other suggestions?
Grass?
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:58 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Started my build yesterday morn. went to the field and flew some planes that afternoon. started back on it today and almost got r done! got to face the work week. maybe I can get the maiden in next weekend!

I read a review on SigPlanes on this plane where a person said he had 60 hours build time on this plane! what did he do for 60 hrs!!??
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2014, 08:21 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Slipped in an hour or so this morning to put the finishing touches on the T-Clips!
Now just let the gail force winds die down around here for a maiden!
Well here she is!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,084 Posts
Didn't think it was ever gonna get here! but today, finally sunny 45 degrees and less than 5mph wind, I got my maiden in! ran down 4 packs. flew great! a little trimming that's it!

Landings were good, no bouncing, but the only thing that concerns me about this plane is take offs, first one freaked me out!! Then they got a little better each time.
Boy! she likes to pull left!! got to work that rudder

But all in all I think I'm gonna like it!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tupeloflyer; Apr 08, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 07:49 PM
Anhedral
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2013
476 Posts
I have been loving Motrolfly motors in my 3DHS planes, any suggestions on which Motrolfly to use in this...I'm also going to get crazy and put tundra tires on my TC...
Nuclear Knights is online now Find More Posts by Nuclear Knights
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Quad with retracts
Old Feb 17, 2014, 09:56 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Jul 2013
174 Posts
Can't say for certain, but many folks power both the Sbach and T-Clips with Power 32's.

Had a clone in my Sbach to start (HK G32), and it was fine - but based on the advice from Ken at Subsonic, I put in a 3615-750 when I upgraded to Motrofly. Awesome combination - couldn't be happier.
syspig is online now Find More Posts by syspig
Old Apr 07, 2014, 06:01 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Anyone try floats on a TClips yet?
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy