HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:26 PM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-plater View Post
Have you broken any fixed props on landing?
Nope, but you must have the brake feature enabled on your ESC. This will ensure the prop pretty much always stops inline with the wing's profile i.e. where the wing is actually shielding the prop from the airflow, which of course happens also to be the most aerodynamic place for it to be held too.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:28 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,761 Posts
The manual is posted on the first of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa-woody View Post
Where in this 133 pages does it refer to painting the ZII?
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:30 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,706 Posts
Hi

Just wanted to share how I ended up launching my 2223g ZII ... you still have to use at least 3/4 throttle to launch, but with a good grip on that chunk of foam, and a firm, steady throw like a Javelin from behind with an angle of about 45 degree ... it launches a lot easier .. yes a powered launch ... much like launching an EZ star type plane .. but with more power and more weight ..

I hope it helps some one ...

PS... it doesn't seem to alter aerodynamics ... and you may lose it in the future when you get more skilled

Update :... On another note ... one long central skid... reaching to the CG and firmly glued/velcroed to the bottom can do the job too .. with less volume/drag

Here are a couple of photos ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:38 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
the anti vibration is a must - trust me, my friend learnt it the hard way.
Here you go :
https://picasaweb.google.com/1109419...MPkp_mLiYPvywE

https://picasaweb.google.com/1109419...OLxgK6-mL7dvgE
Hi Sharonx

If the RVOSD V5 uses the same technology as the FY20A... I'm pretty much sure it is the case .. then Velcro did the the job just fine in my Bixelr.. you may use a layer of gyro foam for extra dampening and at the same time keep the height low so it can fit inside the back electronic bay ..

what I don't like about the original anti vibration mount, is, if for some reason the wires moved , they will alter the perfect flat mounting position of the RVOSD board .. and will cause unwanted reactions from it .. this is why I use solid ant vibration mount rather than the flexible mounts with rubber rings ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:51 AM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
refer to the build instructions, you can find them on the at the rmrc site... on the zii page,

flat, light colors, bright colors, fusion all in light coats

that is about 3-4 light coats of paint on each color
Your cat seems to like the colors.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Where is the best location for bungee launch hook? Right at the cog? I would think in front of it would be better but how far?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Your cat seems to like the colors.
I think she was huffing the spray adhesive...
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,761 Posts
Do you seriously want to put your hand that close to a prop???

Throw it pizza box style it works great everytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi

Just wanted to share how I ended up launching my 2223g ZII ... you still have to use at least 3/4 throttle to launch, but with a good grip on that chunk of foam, and a firm, steady throw like a Javelin from behind with an angle of about 45 degree ... it launches a lot easier .. yes a powered launch ... much like launching an EZ star type plane .. but with more power and more weight ..

PS... it doesn't seem to alter aerodynamics ... and you may lose it in the future when you get more skilled

Update :... On another note ... one long central skid... reaching to the CG and firmly glued/velcroed to the bottom can do the job too .. with less volume/drag

Khaled
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,761 Posts
I usually go about 1/3 to 1/2 way back to the cg mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
Where is the best location for bungee launch hook? Right at the cog? I would think in front of it would be better but how far?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this motor will work " O.S. .25 1200kv "http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/3_437_700/products_id/207264/n/OS-25-Brushless-Motor-1200kV

Thanks
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
should be fine its rite around the same as what is used, i have a lite build on an axi 2820-10 (1185kv .25 size) and i go vertical on a 10x8 prop forever on 3s.
Last edited by paintz2007; Apr 29, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
Schweiz, BE, Neuenegg
Joined Apr 2011
85 Posts
Zephyr Maiden in Bern (4 min 4 sec)
Mechnan is offline Find More Posts by Mechnan
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:47 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi

Khaled
I have thrown lots of ritewings and your launch method looks down right scary to me
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:58 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
4,174 Posts
damage today upon launch today. I had a volunteer throw it off a cliff for me. Now I admit not informing him to take a run at it and really heave it, but it just puked out and the battery pushed the camera box right off. OK only 20 minutes to fix it isn't too bad, but no flight means I am bummed.

That is it, I am either putting retracts or building a takeoff cart for it NOW.

meanwhile had some great FPV flight with my EPP Eagle today .. just really slow compared to the Zeph.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
putting retracts
please do i already want to but am concerned for weight.. a cart is more feasable though

and price

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFLG230