HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2014, 04:52 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,954 Posts
Some people have told me too heavy, some say they've seen heavier fly fine. I guess we will see... For now I'm happy to see it on the wall of my garage every time I come home from work. Been too busy for planes for a while unfortunately

No rush. It'll fly when I'm ready and have time. In the meantime it's nice to look at now and again!
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2014, 05:22 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,086 Posts
Mine is also over one kilo lighter , but anyway another flying buddy flies beautifully his glow version with even almost seven kilos, just the main difference is on the low speed full flaps aproaches that must be done a bit faster, but not too much. At medium or fast speed that diference is unnoticiable..., so I would say that not worry too much with the weigh of your beauty, Gree.
By the way it is true that a electric retract system compared with air ones may save some onces and are very reliabity...
Regards.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Sep 28, 2014, 04:00 AM
Ambitious, but rubbish
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Aug 2010
166 Posts
Hi Gree,
I just found this blog a couple of days ago and all I can say is that you are a scale god! I have an old TF P40 kit that I'm hoping to build and if I can get even half the detail on it that you've put into your 47, I'd be very happy.

Hope your thesis is going well. Research can be a pain and then collating all the data and making it coherent is a job in itself. Hopefully your education system isn't as broken as ours here in the States. I stopped at an MSEd because ours is so politicized it's almost unworkable.

Good luck on the maiden as well. I hope to see the video when it happens.
rcfalcon56 is offline Find More Posts by rcfalcon56
Old Oct 03, 2014, 09:40 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,954 Posts
Thanks very much Falcon. Greatly appreciated... The thesis will drag on until the end of the year because my job is so demanding with longer hours now, leaving little time or energy for solid writing. But I'm putting in a 2-3 hours most nights so I'll get there!

Then I'll get this thing balanced and flown, and start a new build I think. Getting itchy fingers for balsa.
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Oct 04, 2014, 05:25 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
love this scheme! my pz foamy!
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Oct 24, 2014, 03:08 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,086 Posts
Hi Gree just to incite you to fly your beauty ....
With my best regards.
Manolo.

ADLERTAG - EL DIA DEL AGUILA (8 min 4 sec)
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Oct 27, 2014, 04:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
Killing me Gree!!!! Fly this beauty already.
strangebrew mx is offline Find More Posts by strangebrew mx
Old Oct 27, 2014, 07:51 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
i feel ya! when i cant fly my planes because im too busy i love having them hang in my office so i can look at them too.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd