HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:14 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
True... The only thing I don't care for is the plastic used in the car. We run them very hard and these cars have a tendency to break easier than most. Other thank that parts are plentiful and very cheap. I keep kicking around a few aluminum upgrades, but I would rather replace an arm than a diff/bulkhead housing. If you are using the car for parking lot touring, aluminum will be fine.. Just not for what I do. LOL
I'm looking a few aluminum maybe some braces I like the look of the 3 Racing chassis it is pretty cheap. It looks like,the bulkhead housing is molded into the chassis I have to get it apart to see I want to look at the diffs and see what shape. I'm not thrilled with the plastic parts either there is not enough give in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdale View Post
I just picked up a used TT01 w/ metal bearings and alloy shaft. Ordered a Flysky tx/rx, oil filled aluminum shocks and a couple alloy arms. Total cost of about $180 (cdn) so far... definitely a nice budget touring car. If you have the money later on you can upgrade the esc/motor and have quite the machine...
That is a good price. I have a radio for it already I just need to put in my receiver. I will go brushless at some point. I need a good body for it and some body post's. I have some drift tires for it so I will be able to play with that for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdale View Post
Definitely wish there was a brand like RPM for the tamiyas
Amen to that. I wish RPM would expand there line form mostly Traxxas parts.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
With touring cars you don't want a lot of give.. but brittle plastic is another matter..RPM plastic is very flexible not a good thing with an on road car, but wanted with off road which is most likely why they don't make parts for touring cars..
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
156 Posts
Team Associated is coming out with a Apex Touring Car 1/10 scale in March. I think retail price is around $250.
BlueBorderRC is offline Find More Posts by BlueBorderRC
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:56 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBorderRC View Post
Team Associated is coming out with a Apex Touring Car 1/10 scale in March. I think retail price is around $250.
Admittedly, it's good to keep options open, but I find it odd to see you suggest a car that you are not sure about getting yourself: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1839300

Besides that performance is not known yet, otherwise you wouldn't have asked for that in that other topic, nothing is known about it's durability, etc. I wouldn't advise a not yet released car, especially not for someone who is on a budget and probably can't afford to make a bad choice. Unless you are hoping other people will buy that car, and test it for you, so you can reap the benefits from the reviews, either bad or good.

Btw, what happened to you old account, "mr Charger"?

As for the topic question, has anyone already mentioned the LRP Blast TC series? These come as RTR and as roller, and might be an option. Fully ball raced, geared diffs, oil shocks, and service friendly chassis, with the front and rear diff housings being identical.

Personally I'm a fan of getting a used car from a reliable source. You can get better base quality and often a bunch of spares.My experience is that "retired" competition cars, that end of season are replaced by the latest "spec" are very tempting.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Last edited by SoloProFan; Feb 26, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:23 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,437 Posts
I don't think that car is available in the states. It looks like a TC4 for Associated They have a club racer for $149.00 Buy the time you add the electrics you will have another $100.00 or so if you go with a brushed set up. The closes-est thing to that might be the new Apex from Associated.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Last edited by mredzadventure; Feb 28, 2013 at 09:43 PM.