SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:22 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
So, after review the Imax B6 seems to be ok for the casual flyer like me. Currently using the E-Sky charger for the past few years and it seems fine, looking to go a bit more advanced and reduce charge times on the higher capacity packs and charge more than two 2S or one 3S at a time. Current lipo juicer: http://www.winning-models.com/images...EK2-0852-2.jpg

Who do we know sells the REAL Imax B6? I see lots of sales on Ebay, and the net. Who sells the real deal and how do you know?
Get the Hitec multicharger X4 and you won't have to worry about the real one. So far I am more than pleased with performance. Been charging up to 4 3-4cell bats at a time and generally taking 30-40 minutes per battery. Charging all batteries a notch or two below 1c.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:07 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
Hmmm, I do like Hitec stuff. For $150 it had better be perfect, though it would eliminate using my Duratrax ICE the Esky my Accu Cycle Elite (which could be stuck in my flight box with an Equinox permanently) about three other chargers for different types of cells.

Which balance connectors does it come with? Thunder Power or the more common style?

Is it available for less than $150 anywhere you know of?
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Last edited by hpiguy; Feb 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:34 PM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
Got mine off ebay for $140, shipped and arrived at my door step in 4 days.
40rty is offline Find More Posts by 40rty
Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:15 AM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
It comes with a 6 pin common (no connector fittings, just the pins) plug in on the charger itself right below each port. It also comes with several balance boards. One is a TP if I am not mistaken. Would need to pick up three more I guess. All my bats fit right on the common balance plug.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 05:59 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Jan 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
Get the Hitec multicharger X4 and you won't have to worry about the real one.
I've seen the apparent same charger with other case graphics on it, just like you can find similar guts and firmware found in the Accucell in others. Is the X4 truly a Hitec product or something jobbed out, or are the others that look like the X4 merely cheap copies of a better product?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
zapadoo is offline Find More Posts by zapadoo
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
^ Good question.
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
Hey guys,

I see that you guys are wondering all about what the difference is with the Hitec Charger. Well, I live in the San Diego Area and was at the field the other day when I guy shows up to fly as well. Once we started talking and stuff he reviels that he works at HITEC out of Poway, their main offices. I showed him my charger and he explained that the guts of the Hitec charger are something they bought from asia bu that the casing and some other features on the X4 were put in place to make it stand out. Another good point was " Why send your products to China when you can just drop it off if anything ever happens with it". I Love mine, worth every penny.
40rty is offline Find More Posts by 40rty
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:23 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapadoo View Post
I've seen the apparent same charger with other case graphics on it, just like you can find similar guts and firmware found in the Accucell in others. Is the X4 truly a Hitec product or something jobbed out, or are the others that look like the X4 merely cheap copies of a better product?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Not sure it matters to me. All warranty issues are handled in the states with the Hitech stuff; and that's good enough for me. To with shipping stuff too and from China. That's my retailers job, and so my retailers will be state side.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:07 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Jan 2011
189 Posts
+1 Fully agree with you on support StormJunkie and to be honest I'd not factored in Hitec support into the equation when I was thinking of this X4. I should have since I recently bought an A9.

Nearby / same country support makes a big difference to me too. If I were interested in one I'd certainly rather buy the X4 "locally" than the HK equivalent even if they are identical inside, even if the X4 costs a little more. I bought my PL8 from ProgressiveRC in Seattle just to access David's well regarded ability to support what he sells.

Almost everything I mail order, RC and other pursuits included, comes from U.S. or Canadian sources. Unfortunately for me being located in Canada means I still often have to deal with customs waits and additional shipping costs from time to time but at least support if needed is an easy phone call away in timezones I can handle easily.

Support aside, if there are reviews or user experiences with the other branded version(s) of this same product that could help someone make a fully informed purchase decision.
zapadoo is offline Find More Posts by zapadoo
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:25 AM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
Hello!

Didn't think my question warranted starting a new thread, so here goes!

I have been out of RC for 3-4 Years now.. Recently have had more free time so wanna get back..

I have an Hyperion EOS 5i Dp charger and one of the old E-sky balance chargers.

I am guessing most of my lipo packs will be dead after 3 years of no use ( most of them are new from the vendor, haven't been charged even once) so wanted to order a few packs from HobbyKing.

Now my question, I wanted to along with the order, pick up a cheap charger and had set my sights on the Accucel 6 50W charger. Then I saw The Hk-010 Watt Meter with a balancer.
So now my doubt, which would be a better option?

Will I be able to, using the HK-010 balance the packs while charging them on the Eos 5i?
or should I just get the Accucel 6?
Since I currently don't have a Watt meter, thought I'd get two things done with one unit if it's possible..
Spy king is offline Find More Posts by Spy king
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
6 Posts
Neon Power

Neon Power
szy_109 is offline Find More Posts by szy_109
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:40 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy king View Post
Hello!

I am guessing most of my lipo packs will be dead after 3 years of no use ( most of them are new from the vendor, haven't been charged even once) so wanted to order a few packs from HobbyKing.
I had five packs about the same age. NOT new, they had been used quite a few times. All but one are in almost perfect condition. The one had a 1v cell. I slow charged it at .1 amp until voltage got back up to 3v on that one cell. Then balance charged it at .2 amps. That one cell sits a little low and fades a little quicker, but still works well. The other four batteries are all very much functional and in good condition. So don't trash those old batteries yet!
Last edited by StormJunkie; Feb 20, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:04 PM
expert noob
Joined Feb 2011
108 Posts
The detrum supermate dc-6 for $23 shipped... I've revived a dead lipo that was at .8v per cell using the nimh charge function, and now it balances and lasts as long as it used to in my tx... Not bad for a dirt cheap charger, the cheapest available anywhere (hobbypartz.com)... Gotta like that place.. the lipo that was dead was also from them and was a 500mah 3s that cost me $4.50 or so shipped, and will run my tx for 2 hours non stop before dropping to about 10.8v... Just a free plug for them given the fact that other places will take your whole weeks pay for the same items...
handyfella is offline Find More Posts by handyfella
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:27 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Very helpful, I just wan to buy a battery charger~
julialee is offline Find More Posts by julialee
Old Mar 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
USA, IL, St Charles
Joined Nov 2002
1,847 Posts
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question ,but here goes: I bought the Hitech 4x charger. Instead of plugging in the balancing plug to the supplied adapters, is it ok to simply plug in the balancing plug directly to the charger? There are pins directly under the charge outputs. This is for the balancing adapters, but If I can plug directly into these, I don't need the adapters right??
Steve Merrill is offline Find More Posts by Steve Merrill
RCG Plus Member