Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 18, 2014, 03:46 PM
Out the Window
United States, FL, Alachua
Joined Jul 2004
1,275 Posts
Rant
Hobby King / POS terrible shipping.

have been a customer of Hobby King for many years and have placed about 18 orders with them. The products are very good for the prices. I have had very little bad luck with the quality.

Shipping in the past was slow, but I usually ordered out of the international warehouse so it was to be expected that it was going to take a while. My last order is taking longer than it should. It seems like POS is holding the order for much longer than reasonable.

Order placed and paid for on June 18
Order was packed and dispatched on June 20
Order was listed by POS shipping company on June 30
Order still shows "Item posted over the counter" by POS today July 18!!! That is one month from my order / payment".

It was packed it and dispatched quickly, but POS shipping has either lost it or is holding it for a long time.

I talked via message on the Hobby King web site and Arge informed me "expect your parcel in 14-39 Business days from Dispatched date of 20/06/2014"! I have always recommended Hobby King, but with that type of shipping service, it will be difficult to recommend or use Hobby King in the future.

Sorry for the vent, but I don't think Hobby King is doing their business any favors by using POS as one of their shippers.

Now what does Pos Malaysia stand for, I know what I think POS stands for!

If you order from Hobby King do not be in any hurry!!
High Flyin' is offline Find More Posts by High Flyin'
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:43 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,699 Posts
Again from what I have read HK seem to know Malaysia Post is having problems and they are trying hard to get to the bottom of this,it's because the Hong Kong Customs changed the way they do things now and HK had to change shipping companies.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jul 25, 2014, 03:30 PM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
I've decided to stop ordering from HobbyKing Int'l. I've made almost 200 orders so far, but lately they all are either very slow to arrive, or simply don't arrive at all.
I'm currently waiting on all these small orders sent with Malaysia POS:
one from 24 May (no lipo, too late to start PayPal dispute)
one from 7 June (Fatshark lipo, started PayPal dispute)
one from 4 July (not that late yet)

That's no way to keep a hobby going if you have to wait months upon months for stuff to arrive with uncertainty and without any decent tracking.
cmanley_nl is offline Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Old Jul 27, 2014, 05:23 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,699 Posts
I've read a couple of people saying that there order is being a bit late but that's the fault of the postal company,like i said i've read HK knows about it and is working on sorting the issue out,but it's not very often that HK parcels don't turn up and at the worst if they didn't you and HK would be covered by insurance and PayPal,i've been ordering with HK for well over 8 years now and not once have i had a parcel not turn up (touch wood).
Old Jul 28, 2014, 02:00 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
I've read a couple of people saying that there order is being a bit late but that's the fault of the postal company,like i said i've read HK knows about it and is working on sorting the issue out,.
Ah no. HK is keeping very quiet on this issue.
Just why do we have to go to these forums to find out just what is going on with our orders
This is what they allways do...say nothing & carry on as usual.

Do they still use the unreliable couriers, who will ever know as they certainly dont keep customers informed
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Jul 28, 2014, 01:18 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Apr 2014
458 Posts
I would never order from HK international unless you absolutely can't find an alternative part.

HK USA takes about 1.5 weeks to ship something in the USA.
upupupandaway is offline Find More Posts by upupupandaway
Old Aug 03, 2014, 03:17 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
I've read a couple of people saying that there order is being a bit late but that's the fault of the postal company,like i said i've read HK knows about it and is working on sorting the issue out,but it's not very often that HK parcels don't turn up and at the worst if they didn't you and HK would be covered by insurance and PayPal,i've been ordering with HK for well over 8 years now and not once have i had a parcel not turn up (touch wood).
They cannot use "the postal" excuse anymore. They chose it, they live with it. My stuff was shipped in May and still nothing. It's August. This @#$@#%!@$%#$Q sucks.
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2014, 03:22 PM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Same here... still waiting. I won't be surprised if there's HobbyKing stuff being sold in a street market somewhere in Somalia right now.
Old Aug 03, 2014, 10:50 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Have you guys messaged the cs rep on the forum in the sticky thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842

Maybe he can help get you guys sorted!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 10, 2014, 03:09 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Have you guys messaged the cs rep on the forum in the sticky thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842

Maybe he can help get you guys sorted!
No that would be to easy,why check out the sticky threads when you can jump on the band wagon.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 03:36 PM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Well maybe not as not everybody lives in the US.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanley_nl View Post
Well maybe not as not everybody lives in the US.
Doesn't mater where you live, just send Rob a message and he will sort it out!!
I live in Australia, and he has fixed two problems for me. In less than 2 day on both occasions, and we're in two different time zones(3 if you count the fact he still has to go through China/Hong Kong aswell).
I think that's a pretty good form, if I do say so myself!!

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:17 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
That's a poor solution. Given that I've contacted HK through their customer service department a number of times that's frankly unacceptable to have to go through a third party website to fix things. What happens if a customer orders off of HK and does not know about or never visits RCGroups? Does that mean if you only go through corporate customer service and don't know about the forums you get screwed? Is the message- ignore our customer service and you'll only get things fixed if you know the secret handshake?
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:11 PM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Furikake View Post
That's a poor solution. Given that I've contacted HK through their customer service department a number of times that's frankly unacceptable to have to go through a third party website to fix things. What happens if a customer orders off of HK and does not know about or never visits RCGroups? Does that mean if you only go through corporate customer service and don't know about the forums you get screwed? Is the message- ignore our customer service and you'll only get things fixed if you know the secret handshake?
You are correct in that it's not ideal right now but rcgroups is not the only way to reach us in the US office. We're on the regular support system as well but it's a roll of the dice as to whether or not you get one of us to help with your ticket. You can ask to be put in touch with the US office personnel when you open the ticket, just request it be handled by someone in USCS.

We're in the process of expanding the US office to be able to cover more of the support needs so bear with us as we make the transition.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:06 AM
AMA 1046820
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
You are correct in that it's not ideal right now but rcgroups is not the only way to reach us in the US office. We're on the regular support system as well but it's a roll of the dice as to whether or not you get one of us to help with your ticket. You can ask to be put in touch with the US office personnel when you open the ticket, just request it be handled by someone in USCS.

We're in the process of expanding the US office to be able to cover more of the support needs so bear with us as we make the transition.

Rob

HK CS NY
How about expanding operations of US Warehouse to have one on each coast, and keep more inventory? That way we don't have to put up with months and months of shipping time.

It's pretty bad when I can order from other companies based elsewhere in Continental Asia, use the cheapest shipping method, and still have my stuff arrive within 3 weeks. All being done a month after I place an order with HK, and still have no idea where my package is because the tracking number stopped working a few weeks prior?
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member