Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:02 AM
RC Flying;Lego Contraption Guy
Smalltown, USA
Joined Sep 2010
418 Posts
New Product
Atomik Barbwire

Anyone see the Atomik Barbwire?

The rebirth of the tenshock/joysway warrior by Atomik/Venom redesigned and renamed the Barbwire. Big improvement and still just as fast.

Its a pretty darn awesome boat that grips onto the water! Me and a couple friends just ran them tonight and when we flipped it, we just pulled the throttle and the outboard motor flipped the boat into it's right position. For $150 that includes everything you need to run; except the charged battery, all you have to do is open the box, charge it, and you're good to go!
MrLego is offline Find More Posts by MrLego
Last edited by MrLego; Apr 30, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:15 AM
Fast Cal
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
184 Posts
I'm the boat on the top of this pic. I also have the Joysway Warrior which is the predassesor to the Barbwire. Have to give props to Atomik for improving on the design and internals.
cvctiger is offline Find More Posts by cvctiger
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Hey guys, this is Jeff with Atomik! Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Thanks for starting a thread about the Barbwire. I honestly think the Barbwire could be the best high performance/low price boat out there. We've had SO much fun with this little guy! Because it has the self righting hull, you can really drive the thing like a complete idiot if you want to and there's very little that can go wrong. I will say if you've taken on a bit of water and your battery is close to LVC, the boat can have a hard time self righting, so watch for that. :-)

Also, if you haven't seen the video we put together running it on a local stream here in Rathdrum, you really need to check it out. The boats are completely stock, running on the provided battery. The only thing we broke were a couple of props.

Enjoy!

River Riot : Barbwire 17in Brushless Electric RC Boat | Atomik RC (2 min 33 sec)
ATOMIKRC is offline Find More Posts by ATOMIKRC
Old Mar 30, 2013, 01:08 AM
Smalltown, USA
Joined Sep 2010
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIKRC View Post
Hey guys, this is Jeff with Atomik! Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Thanks for starting a thread about the Barbwire. I honestly think the Barbwire could be the best high performance/low price boat out there. We've had SO much fun with this little guy! Because it has the self righting hull, you can really drive the thing like a complete idiot if you want to and there's very little that can go wrong. I will say if you've taken on a bit of water and your battery is close to LVC, the boat can have a hard time self righting, so watch for that. :-)

Also, if you haven't seen the video we put together running it on a local stream here in Rathdrum, you really need to check it out. The boats are completely stock, running on the provided battery. The only thing we broke were a couple of props.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsLb98YQXug
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for checking out my thread and replying. The barbwire is definitely an awesome boat at an affordable price. As a college student, it was tough to find a boat faster than 10 MPH that comes with everything at an affordable price. I was happy to have been recommended this boat from a friend and eventually purchased it. Today, we ran these boats before it started to rain here in San Francisco. We tried to flip it, and we ended up bumping each other. The hulls are "bulletproof" and the thing turns on a dime!

I'm definitely recommending this boat to all my friends!

I am also certain me and my two other friends will be racing these things around the lake for quite a while!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:16 AM
Fast Cal
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
184 Posts
Hello Jeff! I first heard of the Barbwire awhile back before you guys released it. I all ready had and still have that similar model which of course you guys improved upon and made it even better. I recommended this boat to Mr Lego and many others because of the fun factor and affordable pricing. The people that watch us are amazed at the speed this little guy travels! They have asked us where to get them and how much and we tell them. I have a suggestion and many others may agree, that you may want to have a couple different colors, if mfg costs permit and retail pricing can stay the same with color changes.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:48 PM
Fast Cal
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
184 Posts
Update on Barbwire

Mr Lego and I ran our boats today. Very impressive even with me having a 2200mah battery which had a little more weight to it, it kept up with the boat with the 1300mah. Boats were bullet proof we hit each other but my prop broke from the collision. Wish the prop was bullet proof LOL! ATOMIKRC (Jeff) what size is that prop if you don't mind me asking? Oh and we convinced another person to purchase this boat. As well as had many others ask about this boat!
Old Apr 01, 2013, 09:14 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,859 Posts
Tell Wilmer I said howdy.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 01, 2013, 09:34 AM
Fast Cal
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
184 Posts
Will do if I see him

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Tell Wilmer I said howdy.

Andy
Will do if I see him....been awhile.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctiger View Post
Hello Jeff! I first heard of the Barbwire awhile back before you guys released it. I all ready had and still have that similar model which of course you guys improved upon and made it even better. I recommended this boat to Mr Lego and many others because of the fun factor and affordable pricing. The people that watch us are amazed at the speed this little guy travels! They have asked us where to get them and how much and we tell them. I have a suggestion and many others may agree, that you may want to have a couple different colors, if mfg costs permit and retail pricing can stay the same with color changes.
Agreed! I've always thought if we did a neutral color scheme with a decal set that allowed for multiple color choices it would give people variety without having to have multiple part numbers. That said, if the Barbwire sells as well as we think it will, we will most likely be planning some variations in the future.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Mr Lego and I ran our boats today. Very impressive even with me having a 2200mah battery which had a little more weight to it, it kept up with the boat with the 1300mah. Boats were bullet proof we hit each other but my prop broke from the collision. Wish the prop was bullet proof LOL! ATOMIKRC (Jeff) what size is that prop if you don't mind me asking? Oh and we convinced another person to purchase this boat. As well as had many others ask about this boat!
If memory serves me correctly, prop pitch is 1.4, with an 1/8th inch bore.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:23 AM
Fast Cal
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
What is the diameter?
Old Apr 01, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
What is the diameter?
30mm :-)
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, CA, Oakley
Joined Apr 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Do you guy's have a metal prop that will fit it from one of your other boats? I love this boat, but I would love to make it a little faster. Or is there something I can do to make it a little faster?
trdlabs is offline Find More Posts by trdlabs
Old Apr 01, 2013, 07:10 PM
Smalltown, USA
Joined Sep 2010
418 Posts
So me and CVCTiger ran together and somehow CVCTiger ended up smacking into me on the side. (Too much drinking before operating maybe? ) Heres the damage. It is accompanied with a small hole with a bit of water leaking in.

I managed to put tape onto the side to hold off the water and run the rest of my batteries.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 07:25 PM
United States, CA, Oakley
Joined Apr 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLego View Post
So me and CVCTiger ran together and somehow CVCTiger ended up smacking into me on the side. (Too much drinking before operating maybe? ) Heres the damage. It is accompanied with a small hole with a bit of water leaking in.

I managed to put tape onto the side to hold off the water and run the rest of my batteries.
That sucks!
trdlabs is offline Find More Posts by trdlabs