HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
Close enough
United States, NM, Los Alamos
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
Gallery
February 17, 2013 Club Fly-In

We had a nice day at the field today for our traditional "after the monthly meeting weekend fly-in". The temps were quite nice for this time of year (above freezing) and the winds were low.

There were 10 fliers taking advantage of the conditions which is great participation considering the size of our club. Not everyone can get pit side parking with that many vehicles, but there was plenty of sky for everyone!

Marc
AtomicFlyer is online now Find More Posts by AtomicFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:57 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
Art's Seagul Yak 54

Art was one of two guys with a maiden this morning. Art had this Seagul Models Yak 54 that he was running a 20cc gasser in. It's a pretty model with a nice covering scheme.

Art thinks he put a bit too much weight at the tail, but it'll be a good solid flier once the CG issue gets worked out.

Marc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:09 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
Jack's Pitts

Jack was the second guy to maiden today with his 55cc powered Great Planes Pitts. As expected, it looked great in the air. Jack reports a little too much aileron and not quite enough elevator for his liking. But those issues will be sorted out.

Unfortunately, on an otherwise beautiful looking landing, the plane rolled just off the side of the runway, hit an obstruction and nosed over. Some damage to the wing was reported but it's very repairable.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Mar 02, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:13 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
Jerry's Eagle 2

Jerry was putting on a show with his Eagle 2. It's proof that a trainer can perform all the basic aerobatic maneuvers.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Feb 17, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:17 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
Jerry's Four-Star

I'm kind of partial to the covering color on Jerry's Four-Star. If you've seen my 3DHS Edge you'd know why. This low wing plane is a stable and predictable flier.

Marc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
The Fazers, by Tom and Ray

Ray and Tom both had their Fazers tearing up progressively larger holes in the sky.

Marc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:28 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
The 4-Da-Tude Aerotow

Pat did a significant modification to the airfoil on his 4-Da-Tude. And getting it in the air was a group effort. Ross manned the sticks of Pat's Telemaster for tug duties. And Ray manned the sticks of the 4-Da-Tude. Art kept everyone in check.

The tow up looked OK but sill had some uncontrolled roll. The big problem came with the release. Ray reported no control and the plane made a somewhat elegant spinning decent into the north 40.

My guess is that Pat already has the repairs complete.

Marc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:30 PM
Close enough
Joined Jun 2008
861 Posts
Could it be a Cessna?

My full scale spotting skills are weak at best. Is this a Cessna 152? What I know for sure is that it is a high wing with trike gear.

Daren, can you identify?

Marc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,122 Posts
Hi Marc,

It looks like a Cessna 172 to me. It looks like you guys had a great time. I wish the flying days didn't conflict with church.

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren