Pablo,
When they get in the USA you are on the list for one of each
jetfolks is offline Find More Posts by jetfolks
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:53 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,231 Posts
I think that the best marketing approach would be to get the so so pilots to fly these planes as a sales strategy. Guys like Pablo can fly a lawn mower and make them look good. So him getting one of these as a marketing strategy proves nothing as far as the flyability of these planes. It's all the other guys flying the planes that will help sales.

Charge the Pablo type pilots full price, give the so so pilots a discount.

Ya know, the slogan should be : " If Al Gutkin (Scalefan) can fly this plane, anybody can."

In all seriousness, with all the hoopla being created, those planes should fly themselves. However after looking closely at the pictures, the large main wings seem to look out of proportion with the body. It looks like the fuse is too short and the plane might have a tendency to be overly "pitch sensitive" This is not supposed to be an aerobatic airplane.

What do you guys think?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Dec 05, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:02 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I dunno Al. I'm too busy lookin at its sexy lines. LOL.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Scalefan,
These planes are near scale versions of the full scale planes. Tail moment is not important but Tail volume.

I do agree that people like Pablo are not the best but their job will be to make sure that so so pilots wlll get to fly the planes at the events and guys like Pablo can show what is possible. That way both groups get to fly them The great and normal pilots.

The wing is about 5% more area than the real plans so the plane is easier to land but does not hamper the high speed performance.

I think you will all be happy, we will see soon for sure
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,261 Posts
I'm debating between this and an RC Lander Mig-17 (PC version). It would be nice to be a "sponsored" pilot and not have to worry about which plane my money is going to. I do live at a high altitude (5000') so I could be the high altitude test pilot for this bird! If only I had the funds for both or got free planes!
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:07 AM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
941 Posts
Wow... I just found this thread so unfortunately I'm probably too late to join the fun... But I thought I'd at least ask. Is it too late to get on the list for either the single or the twin? Twin would be preferred.

Also I tried to scan all of the posts but did it say anywhere what 90mm fans are being used for the first batch? Will the pre-installed fans be 12-bladers? And does the pre-installed version come with or without ESCs?

Thanks!
sjw985 is online now Find More Posts by sjw985
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:45 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjw985 View Post
Wow... I just found this thread so unfortunately I'm probably too late to join the fun... But I thought I'd at least ask. Is it too late to get on the list for either the single or the twin? Twin would be preferred.

Also I tried to scan all of the posts but did it say anywhere what 90mm fans are being used for the first batch? Will the pre-installed fans be 12-bladers? And does the pre-installed version come with or without ESCs?

Thanks!
I don't know about the 12 blade fan (My guess is the 5 blade which are still great and sound amazing), but I asked Jetfolks and he said no ESC.
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:56 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,231 Posts
Good answer Jetfolks, you obviously know what you are doing. Looking forward to the next step.

QUOTE=jetfolks;23445842]Scalefan,
These planes are near scale versions of the full scale planes. Tail moment is not important but Tail volume.

I do agree that people like Pablo are not the best but their job will be to make sure that so so pilots wlll get to fly the planes at the events and guys like Pablo can show what is possible. That way both groups get to fly them The great and normal pilots.

The wing is about 5% more area than the real plans so the plane is easier to land but does not hamper the high speed performance.

I think you will all be happy, we will see soon for sure[/QUOTE]
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Sjw,

There are 3 Twins left. They can come with EDF and ESC. EDF is metal case 12 blade. I am down loading a video of the full production one flying by Tim yesterday.

The EDF is 100USD each and the ESC is 99USD
Let me know soon
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
u Tube of production plane flying by Tim

This is the Utube address for the last flight by Tim. Notice the sound this is the 12 blade fan from Tim.

Victory Jet single with LEDFDPSMBS90-1A10 10S update flying video 20121208 (3 min 54 sec)

Enjoy
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:55 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,846 Posts
Nice sound.
Don't know if this question has been answered:
When will the twin PC version be available?
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:20 AM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
941 Posts
Jetfolks,

Since its a demonstrator I'll trust the factory - please put me down for a loaded twin with EDF and ESCs installed. First time I'm trusting the factory with ESCs...

Btw are brakes an option?

Thanks!
sjw985 is online now Find More Posts by sjw985
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Your down for a twin with EDF and ESC PnP

Confirm that it is a Twin you wahn
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
want.

What does everyone think of the production version flown by a so so pilot? Sorry Tim I think at our age we are now so so