Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:34 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,261 Posts
Micronwings in OZ has a few in stock and has a flat rate postage charge internationally.

http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...mm/index.shtml
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:48 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,568 Posts
Or you could go to Microinvent direct

http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/ind...d=26&Itemid=45

I ordered from them and enjoyed really fast delivery.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:48 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,833 Posts
Does anyone know where to get mylar that is thin enough? I think I need .00025 thick. Can't find it anywhere unless I buy a bunch of it for $30.00 or more.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:39 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Does anyone know where to get mylar that is thin enough? I think I need .00025 thick. Can't find it anywhere unless I buy a bunch of it for $30.00 or more.
Go to iParty or one of the other party supply stores. Think the wrapping for Easter baskets
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:17 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman44 View Post
Any other places have the 101mm carbon fiber propeller? Rcfoam is out of stock.
I looked all over for them, but no luck. But judging from the post above the 1mm shaft version is available. But I still wanted the shaft saver.

I am a new flyer and was looking for something that would make my crashes a bit less severe. (i know, fly more), but I found that the prop either broke off with a piece of shaft or the shaft would bend and become unusable.

I was looking for a prop saver that would help protect the prop and shaft. I could not find the carbon blade so ordered a few plastic 114X76 props at $1.50 each.
http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...s/Prop-EP-4530

I also ordered the prop adapter set on the link above as well as the prop saver posted earlier in this forum. The one at the top of the page along with a bunch of the 1.0mm elastics.

http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=10&pg=2

The homefly propsaver mounted well on the MV and the 114X76 blade was a good fit. For you guys looking for more speed, this prop provides it, I have to hold the throttle back quite a bit. II didn't notice any heat from the motor, but given I can only keep this thing in the air 10-30 seconds at a time, I really am not stressing it. (I really need a bigger room).

My issue with the prop saver was I had to straighten the prop on the saver with each crash, but it didn't break. Sometimes the elastic would fly off and was impossible to find. For better flyers, this probably will not be an issue.

Eventually I installed the microflight adapter. It fits well on the MV shaft and the prop is a friction fit. It seems snug. The nice thing is it screws on the shaft so that the base of the adapter is snug to the gear. This removes the opportunity for the shaft to bend. I have not flown it much and hope to get at it again this weekend. I did fly it a few time in this configuration and it worked well.

Also, the blade seems to be well balanced and I had to move my .7 battery behind the brick for balance.

I think the microflight blade and shaft adapter may be worth consideration.

Also note. The shaft on my Night Vapor snapped at the blade. I installed the same size shaft adapter on the remaining part of the NV shaft and it fits well. I had also ordered some 127X76 blades to try on the NV it is working well. For some reason the NV now seems to like to dive to the ground. I think there a mod for that I need to search for.
ronaldj is offline Find More Posts by ronaldj
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
For some reason the NV now seems to like to dive to the ground. I think there a mod for that I need to search for.
Try sliding the main wing slightly forward on the shaft by the two connection points or the battery tray backwards on the shaft to resolve that.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:50 PM
Nelson B.C. Canada
Joined Feb 2003
211 Posts
diy 1mm prop saver

Hey ronaldj

These are very nice!

(Quote) I also ordered the prop adapter set on the link above as well as the prop saver posted earlier in this forum. The one at the top of the page along with a bunch of the 1.0mm elastics.
http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=10&pg=2

but if your stuck check this out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...86#post1508276

Mike
flyboy1001e is offline Find More Posts by flyboy1001e
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:33 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,261 Posts
Another DIY 1 mm prop saver option.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...19&postcount=1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:44 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,531 Posts
So I finally decided to fly it outside today in a little breeze. I actually like flying it outside. The more room the better with my current flying skills!

No video of today, but I may get one up soon now that I have a few more batteries.

GB
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:36 AM
Certified ground locator.
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Nov 2008
167 Posts
I just got mine the other day and I love it! Here is a video of mine flying around the living room.

Parkzone Mini Vapor UM indoor airplane (7 min 4 sec)
Ompapamowmow is offline Find More Posts by Ompapamowmow
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,061 Posts
Nice video! that would be the second one with a ceiling fan landing I've seen. No...not mine... I put mine in the basketball goal in my local gym! lol!
Steve

PS- thanks a MILLION! for that earring back prop saver mod!!!! Wish I had it two days ago when during an inverted flight with too litle room left for a pull out SMACKED the gym floor...HARD! Oh SNAP!! yea....the snap was the prop shaft just inside the prop....grrrrr! But tonight the earring back PS mod will save the day until my newly ordered ones arrive on Friday.
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:25 AM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,061 Posts
...And a little video of my son and I buzzing our MV's around the gym. We have a mid air at around 1:50 and two camera impacts near the end. We love these little gems. Now my daughter wants one.
MiniVapor.MP4 (3 min 3 sec)

ps- sorry for the blurry video...I realized after stopping the camera that it was on macro focus.
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:58 AM
Certified ground locator.
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Nov 2008
167 Posts
Cool video! I love the mid air. "OH!" haha.
Ompapamowmow is offline Find More Posts by Ompapamowmow
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:08 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,261 Posts
Just be aware it isn't really a prop /shaft saver as the shaft still goes through the prop hole. I came up with it because I couldn't find a simple way to mount a prop on a 1 mm shaft without slippage but not having it permanently glued.

The little moulded prop savers from BSD are on all my Vapors now and a better solution. Just remember to put a drop of CA on one of the legs to hold the band in place when it pops off - otherwise you can never find the little suckers. They flick a long way.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 0 View Post

PS- thanks a MILLION! for that earring back prop saver mod!!!! Wish I had it two days ago when during an inverted flight with too litle room left for a pull out SMACKED the gym floor...HARD! Oh SNAP!! yea....the snap was the prop shaft just inside the prop....grrrrr! But tonight the earring back PS mod will save the day until my newly ordered ones arrive on Friday.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:51 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Just remember to put a drop of CA on one of the legs to hold the band in place when it pops off - otherwise you can never find the little suckers. They flick a long way.

John
Love that idea. I'll have try it. Thanks
ronaldj is offline Find More Posts by ronaldj