Redditch ~ United Kingdom.
Joined Jun 2013
6 Posts
Thanks for your reply !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
1) http://lloydhassell.brinkster.net/rc...alculator.html
2) see above
3) generally best at the COG, especially with certain sensors, but may be some leeway.
4) generally the same, although some reports of performance improvements with opposite front props, such as high speed reverse flight. All same props are cheaper to stock spares for, and some props do not come in both.
Hi there !

Thank you so much for your reply which has been a tremendous help that makes a lot of sense and a BIG THANK YOU for the link to the T Copter calculator link ~ it's brilliant and such a time saver !

Happy Flying and thanks again for taking the trouble to help me.

Cheers ! Eddie.
Eddie 86 is offline Find More Posts by Eddie 86
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:27 AM
Redditch ~ United Kingdom.
Joined Jun 2013
6 Posts
Thanks for your reply !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ View Post
1. No, you tune your FC to your craft specifically, those settings would change with bigger frames.
2. Any way you want, balance it on your finger or across a stick of wood. you should only need to balance front to back, not side to side.
3. Ideally in the rotational center of the board which is usually the c of g too
4. (although you called it 3 too) depends on FC, but usually yes, the offset on the tail prop should cancel the yaw created. In saying that, find CW and CCW props isn't at all difficult
HI there !

Thank you for a most helpful reply.

Sorry about wrong question number ~ very tired when typing post ! ( too much building and not enough sleep ! Lol ! )

Cheers !
Eddie 86 is offline Find More Posts by Eddie 86
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Feb 2013
3,534 Posts
I skipped to the last page, didn't read every post, but I did a word search. I hope I'm not asking a tired old question.

Extra noobie question for sure - what's a satellite receiver? (does it have anything to do with receiving signals from a satellite in space?)

I've only flown a few toy RC models, and always with the stock transmitter.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Old Jun 14, 2013, 03:07 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,419 Posts
It's basically a way to get more antenna. It's a cut down second receiver that gets the same signals. On large models or models where the antenna is internal they are a good way to improve reception. You can also run them off separate BEC's or batteries to decrease the chances of failure. Of course if you have a FC then that has to run off one of the power systems and if that fails you're in just as much trouble, even if your satellite receiver is still powered
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Jun 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Feb 2013
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ View Post
It's basically a way to get more antenna. It's a cut down second receiver that gets the same signals. On large models or models where the antenna is internal they are a good way to improve reception. You can also run them off separate BEC's or batteries to decrease the chances of failure. Of course if you have a FC then that has to run off one of the power systems and if that fails you're in just as much trouble, even if your satellite receiver is still powered
I think I understand. Thanks.

However, it think I saw a recent list of compenents for a DIY quad project, and it said "satellite receiver", as if that's all it needed. Does that make any sense? Or is a satellite receiver always secondary/slave to a primary receiver?

I am trying to screw up enough courage to take the plunge and buy a some parts to build something sporty, like a quad for grown-ups. I've not done anything like that before. So far, my courage fails me, and I'm still flying toy quads in the front yard.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:21 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,419 Posts
Some FC's can take the output from a satellite receiver directly (as they are cheaper). However that's the only output they provide so you can't use it as a normal receiver for anything else in another project
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Apr 25, 2014, 05:24 PM
Joined Jan 2014
10 Posts
Help setting up radiolink t6ehp-e with F550 flamewheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I've suddenly found myself with spare time on my hands at the moment, so I decided to start a blog. Here it is: http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr/

If you're a noob and just starting out in multicopters and there's something that you want explaining then post your ideas here and I'll see what I can do about writing an article, taking photos or making a video. I make no claims at being an expert and there's a lot of stuff that I don't know, but I will do my best to help out.

I'm currently putting together an article looking at what it takes to get a professional grade Octocopter in the air and also a taking a look at some of the various controllers that I own.

I'm looking forward to hearing all of you suggestions.

Cheers,

LG
Hi mate.
I am a total noob & have built my first hexacopter which consists of the following parts:
KK2.1 board,
F550 flamewheel frame,
Ublox H6 gps,
1000kv motors,
30A escs,
10x4.5 props,
radiolink T6EHP-E tx & radiolink r7eh rx.
Can you help me with info or parameters for setting my transmitter as I do not understand the Idle Up Throttle/Pitch Curves, gyros, Swash, Dual Rate/Exponential, epa, setting up fail safe, etc.
Does anyone have this same setup to help me with some settings for this radio to
get me going? In the meantime, if someone can send me the digits
(or screen shots of the LCD readout) for the setting parameters in the radio,
I would be most grateful.
Following instructions from the manual I have managed to set the trims, calibrate the ESCs, bind a radiolink r7eh rx to tx & the throttle hold.

I have asked for help on a different thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...p#post28138229
OkaNare is offline Find More Posts by OkaNare
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:55 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
Is it true that big ones produce more milk?
... Sorry, misread the title ...
��
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:36 PM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
how cheaply could you build an autonomous quad that could fly waypoints, carry a go pro or similar, with a flight time of 15+ minutes?
Wingus is offline Find More Posts by Wingus