Make something. Anything!
Syracuse Hancock, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos redondo View Post
hello friend
first of all I send you greetings from Venezuela
sigiendo to you and state contruccion blog Chopper Pro driver kit Hobbycnc ye done everything step by step so that you understand what you made that will limit the pin 11 and ground.
but my big question for serving the connectors October 12, 13 and 15 I think one of them is the emergency stop but not to be connected.
I would like if it's in your hands to help me in that step that you connect the mach3 threw me at first by mistake and that limit grasias solve it to your blog but now tells me this down the e stop and I have stopped by what you wrote above.
I would appreciate if you can send me a graph of the connection of these pins.
without further beforehand thank you
Carlos Redondo
Carlos,

Thanks for reading this thread. I am not certain that I understand your question. Something was lost in the translation.

Are you asking how to set up e-stops and limit switches?

Bill
bgriggs is offline Find More Posts by bgriggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2013, 01:07 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
thanks for answering

thanks for answering my message if I refer to pins 12,13 and 15 I think one of them is the emergency stop, but not how they connected.
if you could help me with that thanks
redondo.carlos @ gmail.com
Carlos Redondo
carlos redondo is offline Find More Posts by carlos redondo
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:31 PM
Joined Jul 2003
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos redondo View Post
thanks for answering my message if I refer to pins 12,13 and 15 I think one of them is the emergency stop, but not how they connected.
redondo.carlos @ gmail.com
Carlos Redondo
This post might help you.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=140
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:22 PM
Joined Jun 2013
3 Posts
I ask for your support

thank you for supporting
I and faithfully followed by the use your pos software settings mach3
to have done as you did http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=140
my question is in the connection of these pins I mean the pins on the Blast hobbyCNC 12,13 and 15 I think one of them is the emergency stop, but not how they connect.
carlos redondo is offline Find More Posts by carlos redondo
Old Nov 07, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Wow

This is the most informative Thread I have seen in a couple years of researching DIY CNC machines, only wish I had found it sooner. I also have the Hobby cnc pro kit with 305 oz motors. My router is 40" x 40" x 6" and currently have movement on x and y but still working on z. It does seem that the more I learn about this project the more I realize I have to learn.
Thanks Bill for all of your awesome work!
jdixon is offline Find More Posts by jdixon
Old Nov 07, 2013, 09:51 PM
Joined Jul 2003
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdixon View Post
This is the most informative Thread I have seen in a couple years of researching DIY CNC machines, only wish I had found it sooner. I also have the Hobby cnc pro kit with 305 oz motors. My router is 40" x 40" x 6" and currently have movement on x and y but still working on z. It does seem that the more I learn about this project the more I realize I have to learn.
Thanks Bill for all of your awesome work!
Your welcome. I enjoyed writing the post. I also have two blogs that deal with CNC Related stuff if you feel like even more reading. Recent posts include a V-Carving post and a smooth stepper post.

http://themakersguide.com

http://makermasters.com

Bill
Old Nov 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Jul 2003
1,014 Posts
CNC Router quadcopter fun

I just got a new Quadcopter and I thought you might enjoy some of the fun I was having out on my CNC router table with it.

Bill

CNC Quadcopter Fun (4 min 29 sec)
Old Dec 06, 2013, 02:08 AM
Joined Dec 2005
112 Posts
Triple edge or Double edge finder

I looked at your ads for the edge finders, but can't figure out what the triple edge finder does that the double one can't. I did make a copy of your old plexiglass/copper tube version and it works like a charm! I'm using it on a Momus design CNC but am building a cast CNC from Henry's foundry.
mlmcquiggjr is offline Find More Posts by mlmcquiggjr
Old Dec 07, 2013, 02:33 PM
Joined Jul 2003
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmcquiggjr View Post
I looked at your ads for the edge finders, but can't figure out what the triple edge finder does that the double one can't. I did make a copy of your old plexiglass/copper tube version and it works like a charm! I'm using it on a Momus design CNC but am building a cast CNC from Henry's foundry.
Great question. The difference between the makers Guide Double Edge Finder
and the maker Guide Triple Edge finder is that the Triple Edge Finder will allow you to edge find using tapered bits. It will also edge find inside corners or anything with a lip on it. There are probably a few more things but those should do for now. The Double Edge Finder does every thing else listed below with the exception of what I just listed above.

For those of you not familiar with the Maker Guide Triple Edge Finder here is some information. The Triple Edge Finder is a combination touch off plate and edge finder. It allows you to accurately set up a workpiece on your CNC Router table faster than the manual method. You can set your Z height precisely.

If you have ever had something go wrong during a long cutting job, you will appreciate that with the Triple Edge Finder you can reset your workpiece even in the middle of a job.

If you need more info Just follow the link. http://www.themakersguide.com/edge
  • Accurately set Your Z axis Height every time.
  • Automatically locate the corner edge of a workpiece.
  • Repeatably reset your starting point in the middle of a program.
  • Locate any single the side of a work piece.
  • Quickly locate the inside and outside edge of a work piece.
  • Works with Tapered bit, V Bits, Spiral bit, straight bits up to 1" diameter.
  • Detailed Step by Step tutorials on How to set up and use The Makers Guide.
  • Works with Mach3 using free plugins.
  • Quality crafted right here in the U.S.A. on U.S. made C.N.C. Machines.

The Makers Guide Triple Edge Finder (2 min 18 sec)

Bill
Last edited by bgriggs; Dec 07, 2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: picture added
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:11 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2008
301 Posts
Wow Bill that is a very professional looking machine you have there! I have built a CNC a few years ago with the 4 axis pro board and it kicks some serious ass with what it can do for so cheap. I am thinking of building a new machine. How rigid is your linear motion system? I like the low cost of v bearings rather than my $300+ linear rails that STILL have slop! What does the bearings ride on? Is it like makerslide?

Thanks,
Max Kauker
noxnflame is offline Find More Posts by noxnflame
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Jul 2003
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxnflame View Post
Wow Bill that is a very professional looking machine you have there! I have built a CNC a few years ago with the 4 axis pro board and it kicks some serious ass with what it can do for so cheap. I am thinking of building a new machine. How rigid is your linear motion system? I like the low cost of v bearings rather than my $300+ linear rails that STILL have slop! What does the bearings ride on? Is it like makerslide?

Thanks,
Max Kauker
Max,

The linear motion system is very rigid. The V bearings are a good proven system. The bearings ride on an angle iron. You can improve the consistency of parts by using hardened rails if you like but I don't find it necessary.

Bill
Old Dec 30, 2013, 05:52 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2006
410 Posts
I have the CNC pro board. But I am finding the motors noisy maybe? unnecessary vibration?

What should be expect from this setup??? I have heard steppers should be smooth. I have a 3d printer and the motors certainly seem smoother and quieter.
Datman is offline Find More Posts by Datman
Old Dec 30, 2013, 01:31 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,020 Posts
Chopper drivers tend to be a little loud but it matters on the speed they are running at. All steppers have sweet spots where the sound is tolerable. With any luck your machine can run at those speeds.

Try air cutting a file with different feed rates and you will see what I mean. My machine is getting sloppy so I had to slow it down and now it is noisy as heck. What better motivation to tune it up a bit.

Rob...
mxspode is online now Find More Posts by mxspode