Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:37 AM
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
433 Posts
Discussion
Optima 6 stopped working after 2 weeks powered storage

I recently installed and checked out an Optima 6 into one of my airplanes. I forgot to remove the motor battery and had shelved the airplane. When I decided to fly the airplane a couple weeks later, I discovered that the motor battery was still plugged in and now discharged. So I plugged in a new motor battery, turned on, receiver LED is illuminated and no servo movement. I tried rebinding and still no servo movement. I also tried using the SPC plug using another external 12V battery and still no servo movement. The Transmitter works fine with another receiver. Removed the case and did not observe any stressed components. Don't know what happened to the receiver when it was mistakenly left on for a couple weeks.
Any ideas what caused the receiver to die after powered on storage? Would reflashing the receiver do any good?
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:45 AM
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
433 Posts
Oh yeah, I also tried a complete bench top setup with a 5V receiver battery instead of the ESC's BEC and new servos. Same symptoms, LED on and no servo movement. I know the servos are getting power since they move a little when i toggle the power switch.
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhokita View Post
I recently installed and checked out an Optima 6 into one of my airplanes.
I forgot to remove the motor battery and had shelved the airplane.
When I decided to fly the airplane a couple weeks later, I discovered that the motor battery was still plugged in and now discharged.
So I plugged in a new motor battery, turned on, receiver LED is illuminated and no servo movement.
I tried rebinding and still no servo movement. I also tried using the SPC plug using another external 12V battery and still no servo movement.
The Transmitter works fine with another receiver. Removed the case and did not observe any stressed components.
Don't know what happened to the receiver when it was mistakenly left on for a couple weeks.
Any ideas what caused the receiver to die after powered on storage?
Would reflashing the receiver do any good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhokita View Post
Oh yeah, I also tried a complete bench top setup with a 5V receiver battery instead of the ESC's BEC and new servos.
Same symptoms, LED on and no servo movement.
I know the servos are getting power since they move a little when i toggle the power switch.
Check firmware in Spectra Module (& Tx if Hitec & updates are available) is current and retry :
Hitec AFHSS ID-Setup (Bind) with your 5V? Rx battery (4 cell or 6v 5 cell rechargeable fully charged) via the SPC port. (Disconnect ESC)
If after two attempts, reset is not established, refer direct to:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.