HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
44 Posts
Just about done, I just got to install the front landing gear and a few other miscellaneous things and she'll be ready.
Atx10 is offline Find More Posts by Atx10
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:20 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined May 2012
173 Posts
Looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx10 View Post
Just about done, I just got to install the front landing gear and a few other miscellaneous things and she'll be ready.
J Mitchel is online now Find More Posts by J Mitchel
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:41 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
I have the AeroSky B60 in the final stages.. Did you all permanently glue the lower wing panels in place? Where did everyone set CG? What was your total takeoff weight/ what battery and flight times? Also, I have eflite 15-25 retracts.. having trouble getting the nose steering to work right.. can anyone send pics? Thanks!
cjhawks is offline Find More Posts by cjhawks
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:38 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
488 Posts
motors & landing gear

My buddy purchased one of these in kit form from Nitroplanes. He's not able to find the motors or landing gear to continue the build. Can anyone please recommend the motor size and where to purchase both the motors & gear. Thank you.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:21 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
My buddy purchased one of these in kit form from Nitroplanes. He's not able to find the motors or landing gear to continue the build. Can anyone please recommend the motor size and where to purchase both the motors & gear. Thank you.
Read somewhere in the thread a parts supplier for A-RC planes. Try Amazon .....
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2014, 02:04 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
856 Posts
Had some excitement today, lost a motor mid flight, the motor came of the mount, and kept spinning, winding the leads and hacking a bit into the side of the cowl. I had no idea what was happening. All I could tell was that the wing dropped suddenly and I had barely any control to stop it from rolling. I managed to get it close to the short grass near our runway, and cut the power and was able to glide it down safely. So post emergency landing inspection revealed that it was the grub screws holding the motor to the mount that gave out (possibly due to vibrations?). Thank goodness I was able to get her down safely, this is one of my favorites!!! So I ordered a new motor from atomik-rc and a new speed controller just to be safe. Just a small amount of touchups and she be good as new This is my first time bringing in a twin on only one engine, was quite an experience!!
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2014, 02:50 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterswolf View Post
Had some excitement today, lost a motor mid flight, the motor came of the mount, and kept spinning, winding the leads and hacking a bit into the side of the cowl. I had no idea what was happening. All I could tell was that the wing dropped suddenly and I had barely any control to stop it from rolling. I managed to get it close to the short grass near our runway, and cut the power and was able to glide it down safely. So post emergency landing inspection revealed that it was the grub screws holding the motor to the mount that gave out (possibly due to vibrations?). Thank goodness I was able to get her down safely, this is one of my favorites!!! So I ordered a new motor from atomik-rc and a new speed controller just to be safe. Just a small amount of touchups and she be good as new This is my first time bringing in a twin on only one engine, was quite an experience!!
Good job - it could have been a different story had you not cut throttle :-)
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2014, 03:21 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined May 2012
173 Posts
Glad it worked out well. Cutting the power was the right move.
I still have to maiden my B60. really like the plane though.
Jeff

Quote:
J Mitchel is online now Find More Posts by J Mitchel
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:48 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Had some excitement today, lost a motor mid flight, the motor came of the mount........ So post emergency landing inspection revealed that it was the grub screws holding the motor to the mount that gave out (possibly due to vibrations?). ......
Be sure to use blue loctite on those screws!!!
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy